Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Na Glinntí Glasa

Lol ive seen that go wrong before. :D

I wouldnt read much into yesterdays result against Cdall as they were missing a few of their main players in Neil and eoghan. paddy mc gill only came on as a sub in the second half so id say Cdall were far from at full strength.
hurl like f**k boi!

Na Glinntí Glasa

do Portaferry have a reserve team still going? same with the johnies?

was chatting to one of our lads last night and he was saying that they havent played a reserve league game for 2 months. im pretty sure the games v Lgiel and Cdall will be played but its very sad to see so many lads not getting any game time anymore
hurl like f**k boi!

johnnycool

Quote from: Dunloy realist on July 23, 2019, 10:00:47 AM
do Portaferry have a reserve team still going? same with the johnies?

was chatting to one of our lads last night and he was saying that they havent played a reserve league game for 2 months. im pretty sure the games v Lgiel and Cdall will be played but its very sad to see so many lads not getting any game time anymore

Portaferry still do.

Problem with the reserves is that if the seniors play midweek with only the one game fixed then the reserves by and large don't get played as there's no real impetus to play them as a standalone fixture.

ciaran1988

With Championship throwing in this Friday night with Rossa v Ballycastle in the Preliminary 1st leg how do we see this one going. I reckon we in for a really tight encounter over the 2 legs but think Ballycastle will do enough with a slightly higher quality of player in their panel. Read nothing into the shadow boxing game last week that Rossa won easy. Have Rossa got back all the players they had ruled out last year?

Na Glinntí Glasa

its a tough one to call. I was at the game the other week and was chatting to curly during it. he said that BC were missing 7 players. I dont know their whole team from 1-15 so it was hard to tell from a neutral point of view if it was making a big difference.

One thing i did notice was that without Ciaran Clarke there their scoring threat was lowered. He carries the main scoring power for BC this last lot of years and is the main forward in the front line.

Rossa have built up a good run of form this past 2 games and with home advantage i think they will edge this game. theres really not much between the two sides in terms of their record in the league this season so id call a couple of points in it.
hurl like f**k boi!

ciaran1988

Just seen that BoyleSports have odds up for the game. They have Rossa at even and Ballycastle 10/11. Very evenly matched and a game I'm looking forward too

paddyjohn

Rossa giving Ballycastle a tanking.

imtommygunn

Everyone thought that would be tight.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: paddyjohn on July 26, 2019, 08:37:53 PM
Rossa giving Ballycastle a tanking.
What did it finish? Seen a clip on Twitter earlier and it was 19 to 6.

old timers

Anyone at The Town match up in Belfast.  So much for their being a puck of a ball.  Were the town that bad or Rossa that good? I read Rossa had a few missing? Were BC the same??

Tyrdub

Rossa played very, very well, was pleasantly surprised

paddyjohn

Well done St Endas. The move to NA all those years ago finally paid off.  ;)

paddyjohn

Quote from: hardstation on August 06, 2019, 10:49:00 PM
Despite a comfortable looking scoreline, I believe we were lucky enough to come away from Ballygalget with a win. Not that that matters. Great win.

Worth an outside bet for big ears??

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: hardstation on August 06, 2019, 10:49:00 PM
Despite a comfortable looking scoreline, I believe we were lucky enough to come away from Ballygalget with a win. Not that that matters. Great win.

Use have picked up a lot of good wins in the past few weeks to keep your fate in your own hands. Fair play to Rossa for digging in there at the end to get the results when needed.

Also well done to St Endas last night. All the good work at under age level this past number of years has helped and it will be nice to welcome them or travel to them next season in the league.
hurl like f**k boi!

ciaran1988

Weekend Championship predictions

Loughgiel v St Johns - Loughgiel by 5
Dunloy v Cushendall - Dunloy by 3
Ballycastle v Rossa - hard to judge with Rossa leading by 14 and not needing to win. Will say Ballycastle by 3
Cushendun v Sarsfields - Sarsfields by 10 plus
Ahoghill v St Endas - St Endas by 7

Let's see other predictions