GAAGO where are you?

Started by sligoman2, May 03, 2014, 02:46:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Never beat the deeler

Yeah, I got a generic email around the time of my auto renewal:

Your Annual Pass subscription is set to renew next weekend and we're delighted to say we've reduced our standard price for 2021. In addition, the GAA's new split season for next year (inter-county All-Irelands to be completed by end of July) guarantees a packed year of action. Working out at significantly less than €1 per game, your year-long subscription will include:                   

Every game in this year's Football and Hurling Championships

Action from next year's Allianz Leagues and the 2022 Championships up until your renewal point next year

All club coverage throughout autumn and winter, and highlights shows (Allianz League Sunday / Sunday Game) during your subscription term

Exclusive access to classic games and documentaries on GAAGO TV.

Hasta la victoria siempre

5times5times

Quote from: Never beat the deeler on January 06, 2022, 09:03:40 PM
Yeah, I got a generic email around the time of my auto renewal:

Your Annual Pass subscription is set to renew next weekend and we're delighted to say we've reduced our standard price for 2021. In addition, the GAA's new split season for next year (inter-county All-Irelands to be completed by end of July) guarantees a packed year of action. Working out at significantly less than €1 per game, your year-long subscription will include:                   

Every game in this year's Football and Hurling Championships

Action from next year's Allianz Leagues and the 2022 Championships up until your renewal point next year

All club coverage throughout autumn and winter, and highlights shows (Allianz League Sunday / Sunday Game) during your subscription term

Exclusive access to classic games and documentaries on GAAGO TV.

Mind if I ask what you paid for the year?

dec

Anyone know what resolution GAAGO streams at? I am watching the Armagh game and although the stream is consistent, no buffering so far, it does not look like very high resolution.

thewobbler

Quote from: dec on January 29, 2022, 08:13:31 PM
Anyone know what resolution GAAGO streams at? I am watching the Armagh game and although the stream is consistent, no buffering so far, it does not look like very high resolution.

If it's a proper service the stream resolution will respond to your bandwidth. As it sends stuff you way, a small signal is sent back to let the streamer, which measures your speed and dictates whether SD/HD/FHD is the right one.

Jell 0 Biafra

it's fine for me me today, but gaago is generally all over the place. You never know what you're going to get in terms of quality.  But there's nowhere else to go, is there?

Jell 0 Biafra

I stream live sports at HD all the time. I don't have cable.  But gaago is the only weak link.

imtommygunn

Quote from: thewobbler on January 29, 2022, 08:21:01 PM
Quote from: dec on January 29, 2022, 08:13:31 PM

If it's a proper service the stream resolution will respond to your bandwidth. As it sends stuff you way, a small signal is sent back to let the streamer, which measures your speed and dictates whether SD/HD/FHD is the right one.

Adaptive streaming. I don't think it uses that.

dec

The stream for the Kerry Dublin game yesterday was good but so far the Armagh Tyrone game is very poor. It is breaking up a lot

Main Street

Quote from: dec on February 06, 2022, 02:08:28 PM
The stream for the Kerry Dublin game yesterday was good but so far the Armagh Tyrone game is very poor. It is breaking up a lot
It improved as the half wore on, it's (there or thereabouts) HD quality now.

Baile an tuaigh

I missed Armaghs first goal with the glitches but as you say getting better as the game goes on.

That's some crowd at the game.

Baile an tuaigh

Every time something exciting happens computer goes out. This is the worst experience I had with gaago.

An Watcher

Trying to watch it back here now but no good

Hound

Deferred coverage just started on tg4.

An Watcher

Aye but have to wait for an hour for the kimsy

dec

I was trying the 2 week free trial but after the awful stream for the Armagh Tyrone game I decided not to go ahead with the annual pass. For those of you have used GAAGO in the past, was the quality of that game unusual/a one off or is that what I should expect if I subscribe for the year?