Laois footballers the Championship 2018 What went on and the review!

Started by Unlaoised, April 10, 2018, 10:25:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

High Fielder

I think it comes down to stopping Murphy in midfield. He's a top of the ground player and their engine. So much of their play stems from him running from deep and he'll be a real pest. Good to watch though. I'd keep the team as it started the last day. Niall is just better coming in when things have settled a little while Gary and Evan need to work harder. Scores are not enough on their own

Don Draper

Let Murphy run, shadow him, and make him kick it. It would be interesting to see him kick football for the first time, and in Croke Park and all. What a day that would be.

Unlaoised

Quote from: Don Draper on June 05, 2018, 01:37:01 PM
Let Murphy run, shadow him, and make him kick it. It would be interesting to see him kick football for the first time, and in Croke Park and all. What a day that would be.

Ha ha laugh out loud moment
LAOIS ABÚ

jimbob2

Michael Carroll passed away this weekend, Brother of the late Lulu, Son of Michael and Angela and Father of Evan May he rest in peace. I hope Evan will go out and do him proud this weekend given the chance if he is up to it.

Unlaoised

Quote from: jimbob2 on June 05, 2018, 09:37:28 PM
Michael Carroll passed away this weekend, Brother of the late Lulu, Son of Michael and Angela and Father of Evan May he rest in peace. I hope Evan will go out and do him proud this weekend given the chance if he is up to it.

That's sad he must have been young
LAOIS ABÚ

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Commiserations to Evan, RIP Michael.

Saw him in Wexford Park a few weeks ago at Laois v Wexford. Didn't think he looked well although its been a while since I saw him before that.
Really hope it wont affect Evan's chances of playing as he is a guy we will need at some stage next Sunday.
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Junior Ex Laoistalk

16 Years of his life dedicated to Laois Football, what a man...

Timmons reveals retirement never crossed his mind despite litany of injuries
https://www.laoistoday.ie/2018/06/05/timmons-reveals-retirement-never-crossed-his-mind-despite-litany-of-injuries/
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Unison

What a man is right. Would love to see him appear in a Leinster Final.

Don Draper

Quote from: Unison on June 06, 2018, 09:28:14 AM
What a man is right. Would love to see him appear in a Leinster Final.
The perfect man to fire into the middle of the huddle on Sunday. This means more.

The PRO

Not enough Carlow coverage at all in the national media, is there? Would be nice to hear a bit more about what their manager thinks. Can't even think of his name,  he's so low profile.

Don Draper

Quote from: The PRO on June 07, 2018, 05:02:37 AM
Not enough Carlow coverage at all in the national media, is there? Would be nice to hear a bit more about what their manager thinks. Can't even think of his name,  he's so low profile.
It's perfect.

Don Draper

Broderick shiteing on in the media yesterday. I couldnt be happier with this being quite honest. It couldnt be nicer. I doubt there's ever been less about a bookies favourite going into a game before. All we need is the players to have their heads screwed on, and we'll win this pulling up.

Unison

Quote from: Don Draper on June 08, 2018, 01:55:39 PM
Broderick shiteing on in the media yesterday. I couldnt be happier with this being quite honest. It couldnt be nicer. I doubt there's ever been less about a bookies favourite going into a game before. All we need is the players to have their heads screwed on, and we'll win this pulling up.

I hope you are right Don. I wish I could feel so confident.

Don Draper

Quote from: Unison on June 08, 2018, 02:33:23 PM
Quote from: Don Draper on June 08, 2018, 01:55:39 PM

I hope you are right Don. I wish I could feel so confident.
Its not in the Laois DNA to do confidence. Nonetheless, respect them, don't fear them.

Joeythelips

I was listening to someone the other day saying Laois seem to have Carlow's number which makes sense looking at the league. My one worry would be our slow starts in games as if Carlow get a 4 or 5 point lead they would be hard to peg back given their set up. I cant make it home for the game, but at least RTE have decided to show the Dubs semi final  >:(