Division 2 2024

Started by Captain Scarlet, January 16, 2023, 02:11:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

balladmaker

Meath v Kildare.

Louth v Cavan.

Armagh v Donegal.

Fermanagh v Cork.

Four home wins on the cards this weekend.

Armagh18

Quote from: balladmaker on February 22, 2024, 06:58:27 PMMeath v Kildare.

Louth v Cavan.

Armagh v Donegal.

Fermanagh v Cork.

Four home wins on the cards this weekend.

Be my prediction as well but honestly can't call ourselves and Donegal. Very capable of beating them but could also shit the bed like 2020 and 2022.

imtommygunn

Cork need a win. Think they might beat Fermanagh. Would maybe see Donegal winning too. Cavan to beat Louth too.

Armagh18

Armagh team named. Could be changes yet but good to see Rian back on the bench.

DuffleKing

He was on the bench Vs Kildare

Armagh18

Quote from: DuffleKing on February 22, 2024, 11:11:15 PMHe was on the bench Vs Kildare
Yeah wasn't named originally and was changed then on the day. He was warming up the last day, I'd say we'll see abit of him this week

Dreadnought

Quote from: seafoid on February 22, 2024, 05:09:24 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on February 22, 2024, 02:21:36 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on February 21, 2024, 08:29:30 PM
Quote from: illdecide on February 21, 2024, 08:12:49 PMBig week ahead to see where the teams are at, this is the weekend that defines who's challenging for promotion and who's gonna be in a dogfight to stay up...

Meath v Kildare - Home win for me based on previous displays, Kildare were horrible v Armagh and Meath had a good 2nd half v Louth

Louth v Cavan - Away win for me although Louth are not easy beaten at home, Louth's 2nd half display v Meath was v poor. Narrow away win.

Fermanagh v Cork - Fermanagh have been decent in the league so far, had a poor 2nd half v Donegal last week but up to that have been hard to beat. Cork you just don't know what you're gonna get but they really need to win...Draw for me.

Armagh v Donegal - How the hell can you call this one...My orange tinted glasses say narrow home win but really don't know. Whatever the result the winner is almost certain to get promoted.

Couldn't Armagh and DOnegal agree on a draw and then both of them would be almost certain to be promoted?

A draw a strong possibility even if they don't agree.
Both of them are going up. One may get 14 points. 10 will be probably be enough for the other
If Armagh get to 10,  that is likely losing to Donegal and then losing to cavan. If so, cavan have them on head-to-head. More likely they need to get to 12 to go up and will probably do so

Armagh18

Quote from: Dreadnought on February 23, 2024, 08:21:21 AM
Quote from: illdecide on February 21, 2024, 08:12:49 PMBig week ahead to see where the teams are at, this is the weekend that defines who's challenging for promotion and who's gonna be in a dogfight to stay up...

Meath v Kildare - Home win for me based on previous displays, Kildare were horrible v Armagh and Meath had a good 2nd half v Louth

Louth v Cavan - Away win for me although Louth are not easy beaten at home, Louth's 2nd half display v Meath was v poor. Narrow away win.

Fermanagh v Cork - Fermanagh have been decent in the league so far, had a poor 2nd half v Donegal last week but up to that have been hard to beat. Cork you just don't know what you're gonna get but they really need to win...Draw for me.

Armagh v Donegal - How the hell can you call this one...My orange tinted glasses say narrow home win but really don't know. Whatever the result the winner is almost certain to get promoted.

Couldn't Armagh and DOnegal agree on a draw and then both of them would be almost certain to be promoted?

Both of them are going up. One may get 14 points. 10 will be probably be enough for the other
If Armagh get to 10,  that is likely losing to Donegal and then losing to cavan. If so, cavan have them on head-to-head. More likely they need to get to 12 to go up and will probably do so
I'd say we'll get a bigger test against Cavan than we did last year in the Ulster game. Having said that though Louth have every chance of beating Cavan at the weekend too.

5times5times

That's a fair strong bench Armagh have, one we havent seen in a while.
Mackin
McCambridge
ONeill x2
Duffy & Nugent
Jarly Og
Kelly

Dreadnought

Quote from: Armagh18 on February 23, 2024, 08:50:10 AM

I'd say we'll get a bigger test against Cavan than we did last year in the Ulster game. Having said that though Louth have every chance of beating Cavan at the weekend too.
I think so. We imploded in that game. I had confidence we'd turn up, but a few key guys injured, rotten day for it, and other things and we just didn't turn up. Was never as disheartened after a match as that. Losing I can take, not turning up and firing a single shot is worse. We are looking better this year though, so hopefully so

Aye it'll be tough there. Ardee is a club ground, so very tight and they go well there. Still think we'll come home with something though

Armagh18

Quote from: 5times5times on February 23, 2024, 09:43:59 AMThat's a fair strong bench Armagh have, one we havent seen in a while.
Mackin
McCambridge
ONeill x2
Duffy & Nugent
Jarly Og
Kelly
Yeah plus Conor O'Neill and Higgins on bench as well.

Still have Grimley, McPartlan, Rafferty, Morgan, McQuillan and Cumiskey not named on the panel who could all come in and get their place. Good competition for spots which is what we'll need if we're gonna do anything this year.

Would imagine the 3 O'Neills, Duffy, Morgan and Rafferty will start come championship if fit. 

Armagh18

Quote from: Dreadnought on February 23, 2024, 10:10:53 AM

I think so. We imploded in that game. I had confidence we'd turn up, but a few key guys injured, rotten day for it, and other things and we just didn't turn up. Was never as disheartened after a match as that. Losing I can take, not turning up and firing a single shot is worse. We are looking better this year though, so hopefully so

Aye it'll be tough there. Ardee is a club ground, so very tight and they go well there. Still think we'll come home with something though
Yeah yous must have hit 20 wides from long range potshots that day, remember Rian making a great diving save/block on our goalline when we were maybe 4 or 5 up.

statto

Quote from: Armagh18 on February 23, 2024, 10:21:46 AM
Quote from: 5times5times on February 23, 2024, 09:43:59 AMThat's a fair strong bench Armagh have, one we havent seen in a while.
Mackin
McCambridge
ONeill x2
Duffy & Nugent
Jarly Og
Kelly
Yeah plus Conor O'Neill and Higgins on bench as well.

Still have Grimley, McPartlan, Rafferty, Morgan, McQuillan and Cumiskey not named on the panel who could all come in and get their place. Good competition for spots which is what we'll need if we're gonna do anything this year.

Would imagine the 3 O'Neills, Duffy, Morgan and Rafferty will start come championship if fit. 
The league to date would suggest Oisin O'Neill may be an impact player from bench, Hughes has been very good since his sabbatical and a position I thought may have been a problem will be competitive come championship. 

Dreadnought

Quote from: Armagh18 on February 23, 2024, 10:34:23 AM
Quote from: Dreadnought on February 23, 2024, 10:10:53 AM

Yeah yous must have hit 20 wides from long range potshots that day, remember Rian making a great diving save/block on our goalline when we were maybe 4 or 5 up.
Aye he did. the mad thing is, if we got that goal we may well have got back into it and got something out of it, but wouldn't have been deserved. We hit so many bad wides as you say that we just didn;t judge things well

FermPundit

If Fermanagh beat Cork and Meath beat Kildare, 5 points should hopefully to make us safe. Cork were very competitive against Cavan so it will be a very close game.
We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.