Tea

Started by Eamonnca1, May 02, 2022, 12:27:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigarsedkeeper

Quote from: tbrick18 on May 06, 2022, 12:46:09 PM
Best thread on here in a long time.

Dainty Cup or manly mug?

Big mug - can't be getting your finger stuck in the handle of someone's granny's china

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: tbrick18 on May 06, 2022, 12:46:09 PM
Best thread on here in a long time.

Dainty Cup or manly mug?

Small mug. Have 8 o the bastids from my weddin. Its like my wee army. Think ill cry the day the first one goes. Love them more than me wains.

On the subject of yite tae makers the mother in law makes wile milky yite. Went through a coffee only stage while back (i take it black) got offered tae one time says to myself i have her now i have her now, ill have coffee please (forgettin she dont know i take it black) next thing she hands me this mug o milky coffee yite. Gutted

trueblue1234

Quote from: The Subbie on May 06, 2022, 12:43:09 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 06, 2022, 12:08:46 PM
Quote from: tbrick18 on May 06, 2022, 12:02:40 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on May 05, 2022, 11:59:00 AM
Quote from: The Subbie on May 05, 2022, 03:35:26 AM
Quote from: PMG1 on May 05, 2022, 01:33:43 AM
What's the best Teabag? I would be a Yorkshire Tea man, but a bag of 1000 or so on Amazon, tiny bit of milk, steaming hot, can't be beat

Lyons or Barrys would be the main choice
Punjana or Nambarrie as well
That Yorkshire tea is a good option if none of the above are available ,as is tetleys
After that we are dicing with the devil as far as I am concerned

Hate Tetleys, Punjana for me up North.

Can't say i've ever saw Barrys Tea up North

Likewise.
Tetleys is like dishwater.
Not sure I've ever sampled Barrys!

Ever go to someone's house and they make you a cup of tea and it's pure p*sh? The sort of cup where they've just shown the cup of hot water the teabag as it passed by?
So disappointing and you feel you have to drink it anyway.

The ones I want to slap the most are the ones that put milk in first then bag then water!! I mean are they deranged?

Yeah couldn't be doing with that at all at all
I'm one of them grumpy hoors that if I am asked do I want tay I'll always say yes then tell you how to make the tay if I think you are deviating from acceptable tay making procedure

Life is too short to be putting up with bad tay
If you are offered a cup of tay always take it

Simple rules that help me thru the journey of life

Apparently that is the correct way to make a cuppa. You Darn't argue with the science!!

https://dorothysteas.co.uk/blog/according-to-science-should-you-put-the-milk-in-first
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Milltown Row2

What the f**k does science know anyways? Beg in, piping hot boiling water and give it a good few stirs, I sometime when I'm feeling wild, give it an anti clockwise stir, ya never know it might just activate more leafs

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

trueblue1234

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 06, 2022, 01:40:53 PM
What the f**k does science know anyways? Beg in, piping hot boiling water and give it a good few stirs, I sometime when I'm feeling wild, give it an anti clockwise stir, ya never know it might just activate more leafs

No one for lemon? 👀

The Subbie

A connoisseur speaks.

Science would do well to pay heed of these words
Milk before tea bag and water is a sacrilegious act. 

rosnarun

if the water is piping hot and poured directly on the tea  you will burn it and it give off a smoky smell similar to tea thats put on a stove and boiled after its made .
each to their but not how i would choose to drink it .
as for a cup i prefer a China mug so too big that the last of the tea is cold and spoilt
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

The Subbie

Does the colour of the inside of the cup determine your enjoyment of a cup of tay ?
I cannot handle & now won't accept a cup of tay with a dark colour inside the cup
The inside of the cup has to be white/ light coloured

This allows me to get the milk addition just right
I find a dark coloured mug badly affects the correct milk addition to the tay

Each to their own but I wouldn't have a dark coloured internal cup or mug about the house

trueblue1234

Quote from: The Subbie on May 06, 2022, 04:05:09 PM
Does the colour of the inside of the cup determine your enjoyment of a cup of tay ?
I cannot handle & now won't accept a cup of tay with a dark colour inside the cup

Each to their own but I wouldn't have a dark coloured internal cup or mug about the house

Also hate drinking out of too thick a cup! Doesn't need to be fine china but some of those think mugs are a scourge. (First world problems)

johnnycool

Quote from: trueblue1234 on May 06, 2022, 04:11:36 PM
Quote from: The Subbie on May 06, 2022, 04:05:09 PM

Also hate drinking out of too thick a cup! Doesn't need to be fine china but some of those think mugs are a scourge. (First world problems)

Hate drinking tae out of those thermosy cups with the wee slit in the lid, can't stand them, plus there's always a plasticy taste off the tae..

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: The Subbie on May 05, 2022, 03:35:26 AM
Quote from: PMG1 on May 05, 2022, 01:33:43 AM
What's the best Teabag? I would be a Yorkshire Tea man, but a bag of 1000 or so on Amazon, tiny bit of milk, steaming hot, can't be beat

Lyons or Barrys would be the main choice
Punjana or Nambarrie as well
That Yorkshire tea is a good option if none of the above are available ,as is tetleys
After that we are dicing with the devil as far as I am concerned

Yorkshire definitely the best for me. By some distance.

Tetley is muck. Utter muck. As a one off experience its... tolerable. But if you've a rake of them your sickened of the taste after mug 2.

i usse an speelchekor

ONeill

Always liked tea best at wakes. Tea at a wedding or a celebration is too tame.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

The Subbie

Quote from: ONeill on May 06, 2022, 06:52:19 PM
Always liked tea best at wakes. Tea at a wedding or a celebration is too tame.

Wake tay is a tricky one
Proddy wakes are a nervous affair for me when it comes to tay
Violet and Primrose usually don't appreciate an uppity taig like me coming into the scullery at the wake ( usually a neighbours ) giving them instructions on how to make tay the taigy way and not be miserable with the tay ( usually tetleys or nambarrie) and to let it f**king draw
It can sometimes defeat the purpose of going to the wake in the first place
Violet & Primrose can sometimes take a lot of educating about tay & that reusing tay bags , whilst frugal & yes aligns with the strict Calvinist way you were reared just isn't civilised
Let the tay f**king draw

Our own wakes can be equally nervous affairs
If you take a wee look into the kitchen & you see & know the people in the kitchen making the tay & you are comfortable with & have prior experience of their tay then it's ok , but still necessary to watch the next tay pot being poured
You might have to tell them
" ah leave me to the end of that pot" but that would usually be it
When You say that  at at a wake you do see the other tay connoisseurs look at you knowingly in kinship

You can't relax however at a wake
You can be badly caught if an Aunty from Dublin or God forbid England has landed & is trying to do her bit and help in the kitchen ( obviously a married in one , locals should be more than capable  for tay duty )
Allowing unqualified people near the tay at a wake could turn a wake into a very sad affair indeed

ONeill

I wonder if the solution to all that is to bring your own flask.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

The Subbie

Quote from: ONeill on May 06, 2022, 10:56:46 PM
I wonder if the solution to all that is to bring your own flask.

Depends.
Some wakes if you know who is making the tay you mightn't need to
Others you would
Text messages nowadays take a lot of the guesswork out of these things