Let's Talk..BBC NI tonight

Started by 5 Sams, November 20, 2008, 11:48:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5 Sams

Did anybody else see David McWilliams wiping the floor with Nigel Dodds and Jim Allister tonight?
No matter what youse lads in the 26 counties think of him he gave a masterclass in common sense tonight.
The Aristocrat Years

ziggysego

Miss that. Will have to catch up on iPlayer tomorrow.

Testing Accessibility

Yes I Would

As good as a pantomine watchin Dodds and Allister trying to outdo one anotherin terms of Britishness.  A complete embarrassment, particular Allister who was even incapable of answering a question regarding John Seargant without reference to the failed coalition.  Complete gobshite!
Mc Williams is a shrewd economist who more often than not makes the correct calls and forecasts!

ziggysego

Quote from: Yes I Would on November 20, 2008, 11:58:33 PM
A complete embarrassment, particular Allister who was even incapable of answering a question regarding John Seargant without reference to the failed coalition.

Having missed it, how did he make that link?
Testing Accessibility

magickingdom

Quote from: 5 Sams on November 20, 2008, 11:48:46 PM
Did anybody else see David McWilliams wiping the floor with Nigel Dodds and Jim Allister tonight?
No matter what youse lads in the 26 counties think of him he gave a masterclass in common sense tonight.

got the end of it, it would depress the life out of you listening to those two fockin idots. richie came across well as did dame jane(?) and mcwilliams.

Yes I Would

Quote from: ziggysego on November 21, 2008, 12:02:00 AM
Quote from: Yes I Would on November 20, 2008, 11:58:33 PM
A complete embarrassment, particular Allister who was even incapable of answering a question regarding John Seargant without reference to the failed coalition.

Having missed it, how did he make that link?

Prob more a dig at his former DUP colleagues about the manner of Big Ians departure.
Was a light hearted question from the audience, which he couldnt resist in politicizng.
To be honest every time he spoke, i got back to reading the jobs section in the Irish News.

armaghniac

I didn't see this, McWilliams is sharp debater and his wife is from Belfast so he'd know the form of some of those characters.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Abble

as usual it was the politicians on the programme who make complete and utter tits of themeselves, a total embarrassment to say the least.

mcwilliams was good. but th'on dame spoke right and well too. was funny listening to her sometimes, the odd time when she says 'i think' she would say 'i hink'...so she talks my kinda language too, liked that about her too....she's an advocate for the old and is like a person who could get things done whoever she represents, she could show our politicians a thing or two i'm sure.

Maguire01

Was a good show. Extremely entertaining watching McAllister and Dodds discrediting each other (and themselves).

Richie comes across as very competent and credible. She should be fit to hold onto the South Down seat when McGrady steps down - if people were to vote Ruane in instead, given the mess she has made to date, then it really would be madness.

I hadn't heard of McWilliams before, but he was very articulate and left the two muppets with egg on their face.