UTV Less

Started by An Fear Rua, October 15, 2008, 01:29:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orior

Will Frank the weather watcher be allowed to keep his name? I always thought he should have called himself Frank Mc Glory, as in I'm gloroius.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Longshanks

what about that bloody numpty Julian Simmons?? surely he shud be chucked, he gets paid for a 10 second into for every Corry episode... >:( >:(

Brick Tamlin

As long as lovely Pamela Ballentine doesnt get the boot il be a happy chappy.. :D

kinghen

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on October 15, 2008, 01:55:56 PM
Quote from: kinghen on October 15, 2008, 01:53:52 PM
i may or may not be related to frank mitchell (mcclorey)

Is he not McClory?

no,  McClorey, has an all ireland medal too!!

illdecide

They're paying off all the fenians and stopping the gaa coverage (if they ever showed any)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

An Fear Rua

Quote from: illdecide on October 15, 2008, 03:57:57 PM
They're paying off all the fenians and stopping the gaa coverage (if they ever showed any)

:o :-X
Its Grim up North

Sandy Hill

Would anyone really care if the whole bloody lot shut down-I can't think of one UTV programme or presenter I'd go out of my way to watch.
"Stercus accidit"

nifan

A Dander with Drennan is on BBC isnt it.
Id hate to see it go!

Rois

10% knocked off share price today, in addition to the damage done in the past couple of weeks. 

AFR, I heard that rumour last wk.  Has it been confirmed?

An Fear Rua

Quote from: Rois on October 15, 2008, 06:46:31 PM
10% knocked off share price today, in addition to the damage done in the past couple of weeks. 

AFR, I heard that rumour last wk.  Has it been confirmed?

UTV have def got rid of staff , they were informed of it today.
Its Grim up North

ziggysego

Who? Any of them looked pissed off tonight?
Testing Accessibility

red hander

Quote from: Down Gael on October 15, 2008, 02:01:24 PM
They could get rid of Logie, no one would notice.

From what I've heard Down Gael, looks like you'll be getting your wish ;)

Square Ball

Quote from: Longshanks on October 15, 2008, 02:35:06 PM
what about that bloody numpty Julian Simmons?? surely he shud be chucked, he gets paid for a 10 second into for every Corry episode... >:( >:(

this person must be the most over rated person on TV, I cringe every time I see him on TV.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Down Gael

Quote from: red hander on October 15, 2008, 08:09:09 PM
Quote from: Down Gael on October 15, 2008, 02:01:24 PM
They could get rid of Logie, no one would notice.

From what I've heard Down Gael, looks like you'll be getting your wish ;)

I hope so. He should be a ashamed of himself. Tyrone man my arse. Logie should have been fighting our corner in UTV, instead he was happy to take the wages and talk about the "big two". One of these days he will refer to londonDerry when talking about Paddy Bradley and Co.

el_cuervo_fc

From Irish News

Fears for popular UTV presenters in jobs cull By Liz Trainor
16/10/2008

THE futures of popular UTV presenters Adrian Logan and Jeanie Johnson hung in the balance last night amid claims that the sports and features editors' posts had been axed.

Staff have braced themselves for redundancies since the Belfast-based media company said it would have to shed jobs in its 118-strong TV division and cut its news and current affairs output.

The news follows broadcasting regulator Ofcom's lowering of the minimum amount of programming that the station must produce.

Managing director Michael Wilson said all staff had been offered voluntary redundancy.

They are believed to have been offered a year's salary to quit but it is unclear whether anyone has accepted the offer.

However, it is believed that the posts of sports editor and features editor, held by Logan and Johnson respectively, were yesterday earmarked to be axed.

Neither Logan nor Johnson were available for comment last night but a UTV insider said both could still negotiate to remain within the company in different editorial positions.

It is understood that Logan – who is affectionately known as 'Logey' – has worked at the station since 1985 reporting on a wide range of sport including GAA.

Johnson has worked for Ulster Television since 1978.

Union representative Jamie Delargy, business correspondent for UTV Live, said he could not comment on individual cases but said: "It is disappointing that UTV feels it needs to make these cuts and we are negotiating with them to mitigate the situation."