Irish mercenaries, unionist coat trailers and the Bard of Dunclug

Started by Donagh, October 08, 2008, 11:58:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

Quote from: lynchbhoy on March 06, 2009, 05:16:28 PM
Quote from: Evil Genius on March 06, 2009, 05:02:36 PM
Don't know about the Bard, but on the subject of "Irish mercenaries" [sic], there was some more good news today of our boys fighting alongside comrades-in-arms from Fiji and St. Helena:

http://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/RIR-soldiers-make-military-history.5046187.jp

RIR soldiers make military history

are you trying to set some kind of record for the 'most irellevant posts' per day/week/year ?

::)
He is more like  Our Wee Toy Soldier poring over his war games map, completly ignorant of the horrors and havoc this war is causing while advertising the glorification of the perceptions of great deeds in battle.

The BBC correspondant in his latest dispatch braces the world for
A SUMMER OF VIOLENCE just ahead
http://news.bbc.co.uk/nol/ukfs_news/hi/newsid_7920000/newsid_7920500/7920533.stm

"Helmand (where the Brits are) is afflicted by a violent insurgency, widespread poverty and drugs. The province remains the largest centre of opium production in the world."
"The millions of pounds spent and the hundreds of lives lost in Helmand have failed to reduce the violence.
The province is bracing itself for what's expected to be a summer of violence, as thousands of US troops arrive here in the coming months."

Zapatista

Quote from: nifan on March 06, 2009, 06:21:53 PM
Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on March 06, 2009, 05:47:50 PM
Quote from: Doogie Browser on March 06, 2009, 05:10:23 PM
Wonder does the bloke from Fiji know Sean Og's ma?

wonder does Evil Genius know who Sean Og is?  :P

We all know who sean og is, neither of his parents from a hurling stronghold ;)

He's not from a hurling stronghold himself anymore.

Donagh

I see the Bard of Dunclug and made a comeback:

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/local-national/shots-fired-at-house-after-flags-row-14373348.html

Shots fired at house after flags row

Tuesday, 30 June 2009

Up to three shots have been fired at a house in a row over flags.

Nobody was injured but a man and woman were left shocked and windows damaged following the attack shortly after midnight in the Rossdale area of Ballymena, Co Antrim.

Ulster Unionist Party (UUP) councillor Neil Armstrong said there had been a dispute in the largely unionist area over flags.

"I just think this is truly a despicable act against people who are good hard-working members of society trying to do their best," he said.

"For them to be attacked like this is an absolute and utter shame and it is unforgivable."

This was the second time the property has been targeted after the victims, a couple in their mid-30s involved in community relations, asked for flags to be taken down until the start of July as per an earlier agreement, Mr Armstrong added.

Police patrols in the area have been stepped up after local police commander, Chief Inspector Ryan Henderson, condemned the shooting as totally reckless.

He said: "I utterly condemn those responsible for the shooting incident. It was a totally reckless act and sheer good fortune that no-one was injured."

His thoughts were first and foremost with the householders for whom it had been a terrible ordeal.

"I can reassure them and other residents in Rossdale that we are treating this matter very seriously and have already increased neighbourhood patrols in the area," he said.

pintsofguinness

He never did tell us if he found out who used his computer  :D
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Puckoon

orangeman

saffron sam2

You're obviously in need of some light hearted entertainment Puck. Start at page 1.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet