Oktoberfest Does Belfast

Started by Stalin, September 29, 2008, 03:57:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stalin

http://www.gotobelfast.com/events/viewdetail.cfm/Events_Id/3123/level/page/category_key/197/Page_Key/278/parent_key/0/type/Page/PaGeName/Heritage

any of you thinking about heading to this? just seen it there, id say it would be a wile days craic. bit steep at 54quid but shure thats a days rip these days anyway! think once u pay that, it entitles you to drink all day/night!

Im more interested in the 'thigh-slapping fun' than the beer though... ::)
A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic

fred the red

ud easily spend more than 54 quid on a all day all nite bender, however would you want to be drinking the same german beer all day??!!

id say it would lead to one hell of a hangover

el Chino

is that £54 to drink from thurs 7th right through to Sun 11th????

ur practically making money!!

stalin i hear u can drink some drink, no fear in you at all!

Stalin

Tis true, no fear, despite being accused of it many a time.

Naw the ticket is for one night only, looks like it starts around 5/6pm. The good news is that I had a look at ticketmaster and students can get a ticket for £25! God help the Holylands.............

I like the way the way on ticketmaster they write 'ticket includes UNLIMITED BEER'

QuoteLook For Oktoberfest Tickets
Additional Information:
Over 18's - ID Required

There are 3 types of ticket available:
1/ VIP Ticket: Includes Food and UNLIMITED BEER
2/ Admission ONLY
3/ Student Tickets - Valid Student ID is required on the door and ticket includes admission and UNLIMITED BEER

ziggysego

Belfast + Beer? Don't think so, I'll give it a miss.
Testing Accessibility

5 Sams

What would £54 buy you ....20 pints....there must be a feed in along with that....you'd be doing well to get your money's worth on beer alone!!

I think there was a bit of moaning going on on one of the radio stations at lunchtime. One of the NI Govt departments are supporting this event and all the do gooders are giving off because they are endorsing an all you can drink event.
The Aristocrat Years

T Fearon

This is dangerous. It wouldn't take a copious amount of German beer to put you on your ear, so if you were to drink 54 quids worth you'd be doing well to be conscious even.

Isn't drunkeness a crime? Surprised Belfast City Council endorsed this "all you can drink" affair.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Jeez a £25 all day rip sounds hard to pass up. After 7 or 8 pints ya usually want to switch to shorts though. Would be a bit of craic anyway.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Stalin

If you're down to shorts after 7/8 pints, I wouldnt like to see what you were down to after 7/8 steins!

Tony Baloney

If it's anything like the annual beer festival it'll be gash! The 54 includes feeding too and "entertainment" I believe. The unlimited beer will be available "while stocks last" only. You won't see that little caveat in the small print!