What TV to Buy

Started by galwayman, September 16, 2008, 05:13:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blowitupref

My television no longer turning on I'm guessing I won't be worth fixing it. Anyone recommend as decent 40 inch TV
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Taylor

Not as bad as Blowitup but lines appearing all over the TV - just over 2 years old.

Have it above the fire so assume that is the issue   :o

JoG2

Quote from: Taylor on February 08, 2024, 03:56:42 PMNot as bad as Blowitup but lines appearing all over the TV - just over 2 years old.

:) Must be some big TV stand you have, is it singed too??

Quote from: Blowitupref on February 08, 2024, 02:29:58 PMMy television no longer turning on I'm guessing I won't be worth fixing it. Anyone recommend as decent 40 inch TV

Had a similar issue with an LG TV. Only certain places repair them as the screen is glued on.. Not worth it. Had to bin and replace. Was only a few years old

Taylor

Quote from: JoG2 on February 08, 2024, 04:10:04 PM
Quote from: Taylor on February 08, 2024, 03:56:42 PMNot as bad as Blowitup but lines appearing all over the TV - just over 2 years old.

:) Must be some big TV stand you have, is it singed too??

;D  it is on a wall bracket.
Not singed but gradually getting worse with lines when the fire is lit.

gallsman

Quote from: Blowitupref on February 08, 2024, 02:29:58 PMMy television no longer turning on I'm guessing I won't be worth fixing it. Anyone recommend as decent 40 inch TV

There's no such thing.

Blowitupref

Quote from: JoG2 on February 08, 2024, 04:10:04 PMHad a similar issue with an LG TV. Only certain places repair them as the screen is glued on.. Not worth it. Had to bin and replace. Was only a few years old

A repair job of up to 150 I've been quoted. Five years old the TV was and never had any issue with it until the other day.

Quote from: gallsman on February 08, 2024, 06:33:32 PMThere's no such thing.

Have been to a few shops plenty of 40 inch TVs for sale. No rush to buy I'll keep shopping around are you saying none of them are decent?
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Captain Scarlet

We got a very good Samsung on Black Friday. Around 43 inches and good sound.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

gallsman

Quote from: Blowitupref on February 08, 2024, 06:49:12 PMHave been to a few shops plenty of 40 inch TVs for sale. No rush to buy I'll keep shopping around are you saying none of them are decent?

Just a silly joke about them being small.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Blowitupref on February 08, 2024, 06:49:12 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on February 08, 2024, 04:10:04 PMHad a similar issue with an LG TV. Only certain places repair them as the screen is glued on.. Not worth it. Had to bin and replace. Was only a few years old

A repair job of up to 150 I've been quoted. Five years old the TV was and never had any issue with it until the other day.

Quote from: gallsman on February 08, 2024, 06:33:32 PMThere's no such thing.

Have been to a few shops plenty of 40 inch TVs for sale. No rush to buy I'll keep shopping around are you saying none of them are decent?
f**k it in the bin. Have had a couple of LG tvs fixed in the past (new LED back-light strips) but they didn't last.

armaghniac

Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 08, 2024, 11:20:59 PMf**k it in the bin. Have had a couple of LG tvs fixed in the past (new LED back-light strips) but they didn't last.

Now, now. Bring it to the recycling centre.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Tony Baloney

Quote from: armaghniac on February 08, 2024, 11:30:40 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 08, 2024, 11:20:59 PMf**k it in the bin. Have had a couple of LG tvs fixed in the past (new LED back-light strips) but they didn't last.

Now, now. Bring it to the recycling centre.
The faulty electrical goods bin at your local recycling centre.

johnnycool

You got a heat deflector below it?

marty34

Not about a tv but any suggestions on best place to get an iPad?

Just a general on, doesn't have to be too fancy.

I got a couple of refurbished computers from an outfit outside Belfast but wasn't massively impressed with them. They were grand but battery life wasn't great. Probably get what you pay for but that's the way it goes.

Looking for a new iPad now.

Any suggestions on best places to look?

Thanks in advance.

Taylor

Quote from: johnnycool on February 09, 2024, 09:53:24 AM

You got a heat deflector below it?

Nope - nothing below it  :-\