USPGA-Betting

Started by Whacker, August 06, 2008, 10:00:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

That was some win - consecutive majors - unreal.

GalwayBayBoy

3 majors in 13 months. Some achievement. Must be the clear world number 2 now behind Tigger.

Harrington kinda reminds me of Faldo in that he probably isn't the most naturally talented golfer around but he has unbelievable mental strength and works so hard on his game. Wouldn't bet against him winning a couple more majors.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on August 11, 2008, 03:41:11 PM
3 majors in 13 months. Some achievement. Must be the clear world number 2 now behind Tigger.

Nope he is still No.3 according to the current World rankings
You'll Never Walk Alone.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on August 11, 2008, 03:42:52 PM

Sounds like FIFA do the golf rankings as well.

Bogball XV

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on August 11, 2008, 03:48:04 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on August 11, 2008, 03:42:52 PM

Sounds like FIFA do the golf rankings as well.
It's just that the golf rankings are heavily weighted towards performances in US tour events, as that's normally where the higher ranked players play, thus it's much more difficult for someone who plays mostly in europe to move up the rankings.  Tbh I don't think it's a priority of harrington's at all as he only seems to care about majors, he doesn't even particularly try in the WGC events which provide huge ranking points.

Niall Quinn

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on August 08, 2008, 10:34:21 PM
Quote from: Niall Quinn on August 08, 2008, 06:47:54 PM
Did that Indian fella atop the leaderboard once boast about killing his Da in a Mayo bar?

WTF ???

Sorry, I was making a juvenile allusion to 'Playboy of the Western World' and the fact that JM Synge and JM Singh might be one and the same!
Back to the howling old owl in the woods, hunting the horny back toad