USPGA-Betting

Started by Whacker, August 06, 2008, 10:00:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whacker

Who do you fancy for it?  PP giving out on 6 places

Geoff Ogilvy looks a good bet @ 40-1

Yes I Would

Im sticking with Westwood for this one. got him at 25/1.

He never got going at Birkdale, but played superbly last week.

Adam Scott could also be worth an each way shout at 33s

corn02

ONeill

Have a tenner each way on Darren @ 100-1. Might as well add to the losses over 15 years on majors.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

corn02

I'd say Clarke would have been at least double if he had finished poorly in Ohio. Him and McDowell 100/1.  Fuyrk as always will be milliung about - won't win but as always will be close to the e/w.

Capt Pat

Is Padraig worth a flutter at 20 to 1 lads. It looks a decent price for the most recent golfer to win 2 majors in a year. Will the course suit him?

Puckoon

No more betting on the golf for Puck! Well just not this month until its no longer Mrs Puck's birthday.

If I was to have a flutter - Id go for Westwood each way and Anthony Kim. If Kim can learn to putt sometime between now and the USPGA, he will win it with his eyes closed.

Rossie11

Cant understand the tipsters in racing post/internet/sky etc.
An Irishman wins 2 opens in a row and suddenly the drought is over for the Europeans.
Almost every preview I have read are tipping Casey or Westwood.
Most of them are basing their predictions on the fact that the Europeans lashed the yanks in Ryder cup in 2004
on this course and the likes their tips got 4 or 4 1/2 points out of 5.
Fair enough but coming down the straight on Sunday I would much rather be on a proven winner like Harrington at 20s than Casey @ 50s.
Backing Harrington and Goosen who seems to be returning to form
Di marco ew top yank 55/1

full back

Anthony Kim & Adam Scott
Not that my selections have been any use lately

venter

My each way Tips

P Harrington - 20/1
R Karlsson - 60/1
B Curtis 270/1

Our Nail Loney

going each way on Karlsson as well myself, then maybe another bet once the cut is made...

Sausalito Bay

Good shout on Karlsson so far, he's had 6 birdies after 11 to be -4.

You can't win it on the first day but on the other hand..

Lee Westwwod +5 after 7  :o

Our Nail Loney

Karlsson with a decent round ther, happy days, but there's a lot of golf to be played.

Yes I Would

What the feck was that clown Westwood at today !7 over.
Looks like he will be packing his bags tomorrow and that will be a score lighter again over the head of him.

corn02

A solid par round will probably make him reach the cut. Any, as you know, if you make the cut in a major your still in with a shout - fair enough the PGA is probably the least likely for boys coming through the field, but the greens are still crazy bad.