(So called) Republicans attack Sinn Fein MLA

Started by ziggysego, July 31, 2008, 07:15:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the colonel

lets keep cushendall out of this. and hardstation dont go down that road. noel sands was bad enough
the difference between success and failure is energy

lynchbhoy

Quote from: smcafee on August 04, 2008, 11:49:57 AM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on August 01, 2008, 02:12:26 PM
Donagh, these lads would respect no-one

as a guy said to me at a wedding the other week in Enniskillen - the people around the place almost wish the 'boys' were still around to deal with these younger crew and their drugs and anti-social 'crimes' (his words not mine - and he is not a republican, but a quiet SDLP voter and I got a bit of a shock when he said this to me).

these young lads are asbo-types but sinn feins biggest crime here is their lack of effort in getting the psni to become th epolice force they were meant to be. I am still hearing collaborating stroies from Derry/Derry city, tyrone and Fermanagh about how the cops wont stop this anti social behaviour in nationalist areas and estates.

A lot of people are now mistakenly starting to think that the dissidents will do the job for them that the ira used to do in arresting these anti social activities and drugs.
There are the same kinds of gangs in dublin and limerick to name just two, but at least the cops down here will make some kind of effort to halt such behaviour. scumbags are scumbags wherever they are.

Bonfires should possibly only be allowed for halloween 'celebrations'  - but imo they should be stopped for pollution reasons.

smcafee - what are you talking about ? I think we get it that you dont like sinn fein. So what ?
do you actually have a point?
I am starting to ask the same question of ziggy too...

so spin fein are to help enforce british rule in ireland.thats cleared up.

current republicans are not dissidents.the only dissidents are in spin fein and republicans will be back in the heart of communities sorting out problems republicans took care of before they were sold out.

and bonfires were ok when sinn fein said they were.no one listens to a tout.
whatever about sinn fein, the whole shebang has to calm down before the country re-unifies and moves forward - integration, economy, jobs and civil service/bureaucrats all have to be sorted out before that happens.

most folk I know have no time for thepeople who are still dissidents. Just because the rest of the republican world has stood down, does not mean that these guys who want to continue to fight are going to step into their shoes.
The nationalist/republican community dont want them.
Most of them are using this as a front to cover their drug running rackets. These people will never be acceptable under this guise and activities.

The war is over, peace has broken out - nationalists/republicans/catholics/working classes are no longer persecuted , oppressed or victimised as they once were pre-1969. The efforts have yielded results- at a heavy cost and price, but there is no longer a need for the fighting as there once was.
Now the 'war' is to prepare the communities to be more socially acceptable and accepting. The psni is to be undergo the reforms that sf were apparantly looking for all this time.

bonfires were to warm yourselves, cook food or serve as a warning. We now have cookers, gas heating and telephones.

there is no 'sell out' just a lack of policing for now, but will change. As will the society, war no longer required for this phase. That was the 'saving our hides phase'. We've won that one. so look forward not backwards !

Two Hands FFS

I'd say the beach party was probably the end of exams 'sesh' rather than a republican party....altho him & his mates probably were up to no good

thejuice

I think some need to get into their heads that a united Ireland will only come about through democratic process. It will never and never was going to happen with violence. It would not be recognised in the EU or NATO and even the Republic would be unable to unify with a state that was created through such means.

If you dont like how Sinn Fein are doing things you should as constituants ask more from your local elected officials to change not beat them up and take up other forms of criminality as two fingers to the authorities. They have to, to get votes. You could also set up your own political party and take your version of Republicanism to the people.

You could become more active in your community and perhaps join a local community group to voice your concerns to the MLAs and demand action from them. Intimidation, violence and other anti-social behavior will only undermine any hope of Republicanism being taken seriously as can be seen here, being called scumbags, hoodlums, thugs, spides, ASBO's, no different to the ones in Dublin, Limerick, London, Glasgow and Birmingham.

Democracy can deliver a united Ireland if people are patient and use their democratic power. It can only happen if places like Dunclug become functioning, safe and crime free communtities. If people show how good things can be, not tearing it apart with violence, drugs and fear. If thats all that happens Dunclug will remain/become what people on this forum have described it as "a gangland shit-hole"
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

The Iceman

another fine example of the arseholes out there holding the country down:

http://skin.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=3944532568

waste of space the lot of them

I don't condone violence but...............
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

b.castle

Its funny you should ask about the hood that got released for attacking the two sinn fein men for the latest is that he is now pressing charges against mc shane whom he claims hit him with a garden spade,funny thing is the psni/ruc told him it was in his best interests to take the sinn fein man up,its all funny to me but i thought of all people the ballymena dissedents would be the last people to take advice from the ruc/psni and the other clown that broke the young girls cheek bone at the bonfire didnt get lifted until five days later and two Tyrone men gave him a beating inside for dragging RIRA into it or maybe something it was something else....."TOUT"