Who would be in the wrong??

Started by Family guy, January 06, 2012, 11:36:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Family guy

Just a wee question here to see who would be in the wrong in this case??
My old boy had me 2day up on the telescopic cutting branches off a big tree that is at the bottom of our garden,this tree is massive and has big branches going everywhere,but anyway theres a few big ones hanging over in to the neighbours garden and he recently put up a new shed and the branches seem to hang right over it,well the old boy made me trim them all down for he is afraid of them breaking and landing on his shed,if they did break and landed on his shed and wrecked it would the old boy be liable as the tree is in his land or what would would the case be there?

Lecale2

Denn Forever

Has a precedent been set by cutting this first time?

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Carmen Stateside

If you were a bit more careful cutting them branches you wouldn't need to worry  :)

the Deel Rover

With me its the reverse there is a Big tree on my neighbours land overhanging my site ,its my responsibility to cut the overhanging branches on my side. For a while there on Monday night i was afraid the whole fecking tree would come falling in on the house now there is where the fun would start not .
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

muppet

This thread has its roots in idiocy and is barking mad.
MWWSI 2017

ONeill

I think you should talk to the neighbour, offer an olive branch and take a leaf out of Muppet's advice.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Puckoon

Here's what I wood do. I'd stop being such a sap for starters.

AZOffaly

David McKeown

Quote from: the Deel Rover on January 07, 2012, 03:38:44 PM
With me its the reverse there is a Big tree on my neighbours land overhanging my site ,its my responsibility to cut the overhanging branches on my side. For a while there on Monday night i was afraid the whole fecking tree would come falling in on the house now there is where the fun would start not .

Is the situation not that you have the authority to cut down the branches that overhang your land but no duty to do so and that the owner of the tree would be liable if by his negligence those branches damaged your land/property?
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

mylestheslasher

You need to find the root cause of this problem, that's for sure. 

Puckoon

Ulick

Quote from: Family guy on January 06, 2012, 11:36:49 PM
Just a wee question here to see who would be in the wrong in this case??
My old boy had me 2day up on the telescopic cutting branches off a big tree that is at the bottom of our garden,this tree is massive and has big branches going everywhere,but anyway theres a few big ones hanging over in to the neighbours garden and he recently put up a new shed and the branches seem to hang right over it,well the old boy made me trim them all down for he is afraid of them breaking and landing on his shed,if they did break and landed on his shed and wrecked it would the old boy be liable as the tree is in his land or what would would the case be there?

You'd be liable so best to cut them down. I'd a similar problem recently and the lazy p***k next door wouldn't cut a tree back that was overhanging my greenhouse so I did it for him. They haven't spoke to us since - not a bad thing mind.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: hardstation on January 08, 2012, 12:49:10 AM
Marion Price caused a massive row in our (quiet enough) street because her next door neighbour cut 'her side of the hedge'. Ridiculous. Even more ridiculous is that the same house (and her two daughters*) now has a full scale swimming pool in the back garden.

A proper swimming pool.

* I was thrown out of an Irish quiz by one. The other one begged me for £20 that she wasn't looking to spend.
Is this a different Marian Price than the one locked up?

muppet

Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 08, 2012, 01:02:26 AM
Quote from: hardstation on January 08, 2012, 12:49:10 AM
Marion Price caused a massive row in our (quiet enough) street because her next door neighbour cut 'her side of the hedge'. Ridiculous. Even more ridiculous is that the same house (and her two daughters*) now has a full scale swimming pool in the back garden.

A proper swimming pool.

* I was thrown out of an Irish quiz by one. The other one begged me for £20 that she wasn't looking to spend.
Is this a different Marian Price than the one locked up?

'our street' is probably prison slang.
MWWSI 2017