Ian Paisley's Language

Started by ziggysego, May 16, 2008, 07:33:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

Has anyone noticed the change in Ian's language lately?

On his last First Minister's Questions on Monday, he said that there has been big changes in "this part of Ireland".

And tonight on the news he said "north of Ireland".

Probably nothing, but it's not the usual stuff I'm used to hearing from the big man.
Testing Accessibility

ExiledGael

You listening to Dunseith today Ziggy?

magickingdom

and in todays irish times saying (in his opinion) "were not going to have a united ireland in the next 50 years or maybe 100 years but then i'll not be here anyway, so it doesn't matter"

leaving aside his obvious lack of concern for his fellow unionists who he'll be leaving behind whatever happened to never never never?

ziggysego

Quote from: ExiledGael on May 16, 2008, 07:43:52 PM
You listening to Dunseith today Ziggy?

No, did he say the same too?
Testing Accessibility

doire na raithe

There has obviously been some big PR or political advisors in with the DUP these last years since their electoral success. They are obviously looking at the long-term game here.

lfdown2

just noticed him this eve saying north of ireland, i near choked, senile??

The Watcher Pat

Aye i heard him saying Linfield will win the Irish Cup in 2015 by beating Glentoran by 2-11 to 1-10...lol
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

SammyG

Quote from: ziggysego on May 16, 2008, 07:33:42 PM
Has anyone noticed the change in Ian's language lately?

On his last First Minister's Questions on Monday, he said that there has been big changes in "this part of Ireland".

And tonight on the news he said "north of Ireland".

Probably nothing, but it's not the usual stuff I'm used to hearing from the big man.

Paisley has never used the term Northern Ireland (to my knowledge), he always talks about either Ulster or North of Ireland.

ziggysego

Never heard him say North of Ireland before. Always Ulster this and Ulster that.
Testing Accessibility

lfdown2

Quote from: SammyG on May 16, 2008, 10:48:34 PM
Paisley has never used the term Northern Ireland (to my knowledge), he always talks about either Ulster or North of Ireland.

aw jaysus not more lies!!! ::) ::)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTJuFDzT0dM   (bout 10-15 sec in)

the green man

But he did say this

I would never repudiate the fact that I am an Irishman.
Ian Paisley
Sunday Life newspaper, June 1991.

SammyG

Quote from: lfdown2 on May 16, 2008, 11:13:32 PM

aw jaysus not more lies!!! ::) ::)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTJuFDzT0dM   (bout 10-15 sec in)

Not lies, the phrase 'to my know;ledge' means I've never heard him, not that it definitely didn't happen. To be honest I try not to listen to the oul cnut if I can avoid it.

ziggysego

He did make me laugh today though when he threaten... no promised to beat Ivan Little up with a camán.
Testing Accessibility

balladmaker

For a man whose rhetoric over the last 40 years has helped to fill many a Catholic grave, he has definitely softened his attitudes in his latter years.....probably as his day of reckoning draws ever closer.

Hurler on the Bitch

Quote from: lfdown2 on May 16, 2008, 09:32:47 PM
just noticed him this eve saying north of ireland, i near choked, senile??

Perhaps he riding Seamus Mallon?