Premier league team of the season

Started by anportmorforjfc, May 15, 2008, 01:03:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

Quoteyet both teams had Stevie G in them... did i miss something? i dont think he would have merited an inclusion anyway!

Steven Gerard in midfield is a joke.  He doesnt usually play in there and if he does he is dominated against the Man Uniteds, Chelseas and Arsenals.  Lampard would have got my vote (but mines doesn't count) or someone like Arteta.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Minder

Quote from: nrico2006 on May 15, 2008, 03:57:47 PM
Quoteyet both teams had Stevie G in them... did i miss something? i dont think he would have merited an inclusion anyway!

Steven Gerard in midfield is a joke.  He doesnt usually play in there and if he does he is dominated against the Man Uniteds, Chelseas and Arsenals.  Lampard would have got my vote (but mines doesn't count) or someone like Arteta.

Stay off the glue Nrico.......
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

nrico2006

'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: anportmorforjfc on May 15, 2008, 01:03:24 PM
This is Andy Gray's and Jamie redknapps selection

David James

Glen Johnson       Rio Ferdinand     Martin Laursen     Joleon Lescott

Cesc Fabregas       Mathieu Flamini      Steven Gerrard

Cristiano Ronaldo     Fernando Torres    Ashley Young

Good team but i dont think Steven Gerrard or Glen Johnston should be included.  Any thoughts?

You just can't have Rio in there ahead of Vidic that has to be a joke surely??
You'll Never Walk Alone.

AZOffaly

Laoislad, look who's picking the team. Do you honestly think they would put in Vidic ahead of the England captain?

As for my opinion, I think Ferdinand is much improved these past couple of years, and had a fine season, but I'd have Vidic first.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 15, 2008, 05:32:47 PM
Laoislad, look who's picking the team. Do you honestly think they would put in Vidic ahead of the England captain?

As for my opinion, I think Ferdinand is much improved these past couple of years, and had a fine season, but I'd have Vidic first.

I'd have Vidic and Dunne as the two best centre backs this season
You'll Never Walk Alone.

AZOffaly

Hmmm. Maybe. I'd be inclined to pick Vidic and Carvelho, or even Vidic and Ferdinand.

Farrandeelin

I agree with AZ and LL regarding Vidic, can't believe Andy Gray and Jamie Redknapp don't have him on their team. Ferdinand has improved due to the fact that Vidic is partnering him in the centre of defence. I'd have Tevez on my team of the season. Maybe I am biased but he would be my Utd player of the season as well.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Square Ball

me thinks that Vidic would have to be on anyones team, he and Rio compliment eachother and I would put both of them in there, oh may as well stick in Evra for good measure as well
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Square Ball on May 15, 2008, 07:10:01 PM
me thinks that Vidic would have to be on anyones team, he and Rio compliment eachother and I would put both of them in there, oh may as well stick in Evra for good measure as well

Sure stick John O'Shea in there too while your at it  ::)  :P
You'll Never Walk Alone.

J70

All these pundits and players sticking the knife into the hearts of all those United fans by including Gerrard!  :D

It is interesting when you think back to all of the commentary this season about how shite Liverpool were any time Torres and Gerrard didn't play. We had two or three months of "two-man team" comments. He can't have been that bad if that is the case!

Minus15

what's this preoccupation with flamini? before fabregas' form slowed up he was the main man in the Arsenal midfield. Sounds like people on here are overrating him because of his  increased profile with his contract situation and his imminent move to Milan. Nowhere near in the top 2 midfield players this season.

And Nico??? Arteta???? catch a grip! do you watch football? sure put a player in who hasn't played half the season good lad!

Yes I Would

The biggest surprise for me in that selection is that Jamie the bore didnt find a space for his old pal and coz Lampard!

As a Liverpool fan dont think Gerrad had a season that warranted inclusion. Vidic is twice the centre half Wio is. Havent seen much of Glen Johnson, but what i seen from him at Chelsae he was a headless chicken!!

ExiledGael

As much of a clown as Ferdinand is at times, he is playing better than any other centre-half in world football this last few months.

Minus15

yes and we have all seen headless chickens playing football. their counteparts with heads are much better! lol. i hate that metaphor! :D no offence to you yes i would.