Football transfer gossip

Started by anportmorforjfc, May 15, 2008, 12:53:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anportmorforjfc

Barcelona will offer AC Milan a package of Ronaldinho, Deco and £16m in return for midfield star Kaka. (Italian sports paper Gazzetta dello Sport,

Barcelona will offer Arsenal their defender Carles Puyol in a bid to land midfielder Cesc Fabregas.

T Fearon

Am I the only one who doesn't rate Puyol?

Haely gave him the run around that night at Windsor when he scored the hat trick

doire na raithe

My Granny's housekeeper walks by old trafford everyday on her way to work and she said that yesterday she bumped into a shop-keeper who had to order in an italian phrasebook for a 'Mr. C. Ronaldo'. He says he has it on reliable authority that Ronaldo is going to AC Milan in return for half a mars bar.

Dannymcfella

Puyol is as close to a no nonsense centre half as you can get in Spain (well after the beast of Barcelona), but at the same time I don't think he would be half the player Terry, Dunne, Carragher and others in the prem, he would be mediocre at best!

Rossie11

QuotePuyol is as close to a no nonsense centre half as you can get in Spain (well after the beast of Barcelona), but at the same time I don't think he would be half the player Terry, Dunne, Carragher and others in the prem, he would be mediocre at best!

Its a complete different style of football in Spain. All defenders look mediocre due to the looseness of the play
Zambrotta Canavarro and Woodgate have all struggled to make the impact they have made in other leagues. I would guess Terry and Carra would look exposed in Spain and would be caught for pace week in week out.
Puyol is all heart and Catalan passion but I wouldnt have him anywhere near a world 11

Surreal Steve

I am really looking forward to the amount of shite that will be talked in here. Should be good entertainment. I heard Puyol is going to Liverpool in a straight swap for Carragher and Gerrard, thats if United dont get in first with their bid for a straight swap with Ferguson, Neville and Scholes

corn02

thebandit

Rory Gallagher to Juventus in return for a new cruise liner for the Erne

Norf Tyrone

That Di Santos kid from Barce heading to Chelsea.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Minder

Harry Kewell to Weightwatchers in a free transfer.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Our Nail Loney

Kevin McGourty to Chelski in straight swap for Nicolas Anelka, Gormley seems to be impressed with Anelka's attitude and thinks he would make good roads with Antrim

Square Ball

Portugal international midfielder Deco could be set for a move to England after Barcelona confirmed he is free to talk to interested clubs.

The Brazil-born star, who is likely to be a target for a number of Premier League clubs, said: "I will almost certainly go to England or Italy.

"I won't stay in Spain as the only club at the same level as Barcelona is Madrid and I would never go to Madrid.

"I will go where I want and not where the club tells me."

Deco joined Barca from Porto in 2004 after helping the Portuguese side win the Uefa Cup, Champions League and domestic league titles.

The 30-year-old won two league championships with the Catalan giants, and was part of the team that beat Arsenal in the Champions League final in Paris in 2006.

However, a series of injuries have hampered Deco's season, contributing to just 14 La Liga starts in Barcelona's campaign.

Reports suggest he is one of a number of big names who could exit the Nou Camp this summer, with Ronaldinho, Samuel Eto'o, Lilian Thuram, Eidur Gudjohnsen and Thierry Henry all mentioned as possible departures.

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

charlie stubbs

Quote from: Square Ball on May 15, 2008, 08:11:33 PM
Portugal international midfielder Deco could be set for a move to England after Barcelona confirmed he is free to talk to interested clubs.

The Brazil-born star, who is likely to be a target for a number of Premier League clubs, said: "I will almost certainly go to England or Italy.

"I won't stay in Spain as the only club at the same level as Barcelona is Madrid and I would never go to Madrid.

"I will go where I want and not where the club tells me."

Deco joined Barca from Porto in 2004 after helping the Portuguese side win the Uefa Cup, Champions League and domestic league titles.

The 30-year-old won two league championships with the Catalan giants, and was part of the team that beat Arsenal in the Champions League final in Paris in 2006.

However, a series of injuries have hampered Deco's season, contributing to just 14 La Liga starts in Barcelona's campaign.

Reports suggest he is one of a number of big names who could exit the Nou Camp this summer, with Ronaldinho, Samuel Eto'o, Lilian Thuram, Eidur Gudjohnsen and Thierry Henry all mentioned as possible departures.

no ones the boss of deco!

charlie stubbs

think that city linked with that santos oy from barca

Our Nail Loney

cant see deco doing much in the premiership to be honest apart from counting his money every week!