Jim Rodgers on Radio Ulster this morning

Started by Abble, February 13, 2008, 08:31:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evil Genius

Quote from: balladmaker on February 14, 2008, 03:49:53 PM
QuoteYou've never made a dumb, inarticulate statement that didn't reflect your actual views then?

No, not to my knowledge.  But if I did, my remarks would not have offended a sizeable proportion of the population, plus I am not an elected representative, and there in lies the difference.

"Not to my knowledge"! Oh the irony  ::)

The whole point is that if Rogers had "known" what he was saying, he wouldn't have said it!

And as for your  having occasionally said something unintended, why should it make any such remarks any less "offensive" if only one or two people hear it from you, with none of them victims of the remark, than the exact same remarks by a someone on a Radio show, which will be heard by many more, including a few of the people referred to?

Unless, of course, you feel that getting elected somehow magically confers on someone perfect articulacy and immunity from error? Akaik, the only elected office which confers Infallibility is one which Jim Rogers could hardly be expected to contest!  :D

The guy made a mistake. He apologised for it. Further, he offered to explain more fully to anyone who was offended, should they get in touch. What more do you expect?

P.S. That last question was rhetorical.
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

lynchbhoy

isnt jim rogers the guy that presented '123' with dusty bin ?
thought he was dead ?

brokencrossbar1

Quoteisnt jim rogers the guy that presented '123' with dusty bin ?
thought he was dead ?

The mammy subjected us to thon nonsense every Saturday night for years.  Bloody Jim Rodgers and his finger trick >:(  lads used to do it and would look the real spa, sory I am non-human being, trying to copy him!

Anyway, he made a gaff, it was stupid a was he for doing it.  He really should have more wit in him to make such a ridiculous statement but what else would you expect from a unioinst anyway. :D

lynchbhoy

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on February 14, 2008, 04:39:25 PM
Quoteisnt jim rogers the guy that presented '123' with dusty bin ?
thought he was dead ?

The mammy subjected us to thon nonsense every Saturday night for years.  Bloody Jim Rodgers and his finger trick >:(  lads used to do it and would look the real spa, sory I am non-human being, trying to copy him!

Anyway, he made a gaff, it was stupid a was he for doing it.  He really should have more wit in him to make such a ridiculous statement but what else would you expect from a unioinst anyway. :D
could never do that 3-2-1 finger trick fast enough, so gave it up years ago.
Rogers was a bit of a clownon the telly alright, not surprised he ended up as an elected unionist representative  :D

ziggysego

Quote from: lynchbhoy on February 14, 2008, 04:43:56 PM
not surprised he ended up as an elected unionist representative  :D

He couldn't get elected as an MLA.
Testing Accessibility

An Fear Rua

Quote from: lynchbhoy on February 14, 2008, 04:30:38 PM
isnt jim rogers the guy that presented '123' with dusty bin ?
thought he was dead ?

That would be Ted, but you already knew that

Its Grim up North

lynchbhoy

tyssam5

Any one else remember having a Dusty Bin toy you could stick all the wee bits on to?

I just realised that those Mr PotatoHead bastards stole their idea from Dusty Bin!!

Aristotle Flynn

Jim Rodgers made a mistake. Get over it. I remember a poster on here (I think it ws Red Sky?) making a similar comment by mistake. He apologied and it was forgoten about. Give the man a break. He isn't that bright.
A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion.

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility