Ian Paisley Jnr. in more bother?

Started by ziggysego, February 06, 2008, 04:17:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maguire01

The man really is a liability and if it wasn't for his Da, Peter would have shown him the door a long time ago. Was laughing out loud (a real 'lol'!) in the car when this came on the radio this evening.

The Watcher Pat

At least he will be able to pay that big fine now.....Imagine the tosser asked for time to pay it when he's in 3 jobs....

He's maybe on the breadline!
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

5 Sams

Quote from: filthydog on September 18, 2009, 04:42:58 PM
Good to see Ian og in the Shit.

He really hasnt got the brains he was born with....the creatur :D
The Aristocrat Years

saffron sam2

Despite the obvious incompetence of Ian Og, it should be pointed out that he is a million times the politician Kevin McGourty (Fianna Fail) ever will be.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Main Street

never kickt a ball

QuoteThe Policing Board has confirmed that Ian Paisley Junior approved the secondment of PSNI officers to train their counterparts in Libya.

Why on earth would anyone in their right minds want the PSNI to train them?

Donagh

Ian Og squirming on the radio big time about this. At one stage he was trying to make it out it was all a cunning intelligence led spying operation on his part. When that one wasn't working he tried to shift the blame into the Brit Secretary of State.  :D

ziggysego

He has an answer for everything  :D

Ian Og's Libya claim queried 

The government has been asked to comment on a suggestion by Ian Paisley Og that PSNI officers working in Libya may have been gathering intelligence.

On Friday Mr Paisley defended his decision to approve secondments to Libya saying it was "useful" to have an officer bringing back information.

TUV leader Jim Allister has written to the Home Secretary asking if the secondments involved intelligence work.

He said he is worried that officers could be put at risk.

Mr Paisley approved a secondment request for PSNI officers to train Libyan police in 2008 in his role as chair of the Policing Board's Human Resources sub-committee.

When the decision was revealed by the BBC on Friday there was outrage from some victims groups and unionist politicians.

Intelligence

Mr Paisley's party colleague Nigel Dodds said it was "totally inappropriate and offensive" given Libya's history of arming the IRA.

He also said: "Whoever made that decision, whoever thought that was the right way to proceed, must be living in a different world and different planet".

In an interview defending his decision Mr Paisley said: "In an adult world you don't have to be a genius to work out why it would be useful to have a senior officer, who has got intelligence skills, to look at Libya and to examine that country and to look at the facts that surround that country and to bring that information back to us.

""It would have been very churlish from our point of view, being aware of all of the facts that I can't go into in total detail... whenever we know that other material came in the opposite direction as a result of Libya trying to help."

Mr Allister said he doubted very much if their was an intelligence aspect to the officers' work but called on the Home Secretary to make a clear statement on the matter.

"I am concerned about the risk posed to officers on foreign service if this perception is either true or allowed to gather credence," he said.

"Hence, I believe it is important that the Home Secretary clearly states the position on these matters."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/8266466.stm
Testing Accessibility

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Peter Robinson has publically commented on the incident and not much solace for Ian Og.

"Meanwhile the DUP leader Peter Robinson said none of his party's representatives will be supporting any future deployments of police personnel to Libya until they have reached a settlement on the payment of compensation to IRA victims and relations have been normalised.

He added: "Both my parliamentary colleagues, Nigel Dodds and Jeffrey Donaldson , will be meeting senior diplomats at the Libyan embassy tomorrow to discuss the demand for compensation. The entire party is fully supportive of this campaign."

Tbc....