Shame on you Gerry Kelly...

Started by 5 Sams, January 18, 2008, 11:09:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doogie Browser

that is another can of worms opened now TYP! 
Was going to say the Cavan team of the 40's may have been annoyed too, they are within the boundaries of UTV afterall

stiffler

This is a disgrace.

Do you think that Channel 10 in Melbourne would leave Aussie Rules stars out of a tv show thats about top sports people?!!
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: Chrisowc on January 19, 2008, 11:46:32 AM
Quote from: Drumanee 1 on January 19, 2008, 10:45:15 AM
Quote from: Chrisowc on January 19, 2008, 08:43:09 AM
Quote from: Zapatista on January 19, 2008, 08:14:46 AM
George Best was never successful on the world stage.

He was a major part of a successful European Cup team.

a european club comptition,hardly the world stage
Dosnt make any difference the programme wasnt about people on the world stage it was about people from here...Therefor GAA stars should have got the coverage they deserve....

The European Cup was and is the most prestigious club competition in the world.
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

ziggysego

Never liked Gerry Kelly anyway, so didn't watch the show.

His talkshow was rubbish, full of British soaps talking about rehab. Either that and bloody Westlife, the supposedly cream of Irish musical talent(!)

I remember two weeks ago, when Gerry announced his retirement, UTV said that the entertainment world was in shock....... aye right :lol:
Testing Accessibility

dec

Were there any rugby players highlighted? Over the period highlighted Willie John McBride and Mike Gibson were both pretty good.

Gabriel_Hurl

Gnevin

Any one emailed UTV for an official explanation?

ps what the Mailbag program on BBC with Terry Wogan maybe a mailing campaign to them since they seem to answer the most trivial questions
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Gabriel_Hurl

Gnevin

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/mbpointsofview/

Someone could post a thread and have everyone agree with it .Would be hard too ignore a thread with 40 + replys when the average has 4.
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Sandy Hill

Quote from: ONeill on January 19, 2008, 06:12:47 PM
Can't believe Glenn Ferguson wasn't mentioned.

Oh dear God, this definitely requires a protest to UTV!
"Stercus accidit"

Zapatista

What about Alex Higgens? Was he mentioned? He is more successfull and as talented than Best in his respestive sport. Can we see a time when we a train at Alex Higgins Station?

J70

Quote from: Drumanee 1 on January 19, 2008, 10:45:15 AM
Quote from: Chrisowc on January 19, 2008, 08:43:09 AM
Quote from: Zapatista on January 19, 2008, 08:14:46 AM
George Best was never successful on the world stage.

He was a major part of a successful European Cup team.

a european club comptition,hardly the world stage

With all due respect, that is just stupid.

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Chrisowc

Quote from: Drumanee 1 on January 19, 2008, 12:05:33 PM
the whole best thing really winds me up,there is no argument about hid talent but how he ran his life leaves alot to be desired,healy is by far and away a better role model for the kids of this country and dont even start me on the airport

I completely agree.

Quote from: Drumanee 1 on January 19, 2008, 12:05:33 PM
club being the operative word.

The club he played for is one of the most famous if not the most famous football club in the world winning the most prestigious club tournament in the world.  So back to my original point.

Anyway, if these are Gerry Kelly's sporting heroes from Northern Ireland then fair enough whatever sport he chooses or leaves out.
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!