Things that make you go What the F**k?

Started by The Real Laoislad, November 19, 2007, 05:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

The ultimate royal article

Www.theguardian.com/stage/2011/apr/27/royal-wedding-secret-kate-wills
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Itchy

I don't give a f**k. If your Irish and interested in this stuff you are a sad Bastard and need to get out more. Fully deserving of it's place in the WTF thread.

Taylor

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 23, 2018, 06:00:55 PM
Quote from: gallsman on April 23, 2018, 05:28:59 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 23, 2018, 05:25:13 PM
The parents are within their rights to fight tooth and nail for their child but at some point some sense needs to kick in. I take it the taxpayer is bankrolling all of this.

Of course they are, but they have no right to suggest staff at the hospital intend to murder their son or invite people to come down to the hospital and disrupt it.
100. Apparently people on the "Alfie's Army" Facebook page were asking people to set off fire alarms in the hospital.  >:( Evacuating a hospital whilst people are in theatre or critical care seems like a sensible thing to do!

So the child has been taken of the ventilator and has been breathing unassisted for over 11 hours.

This really is WTF.

Scary shit

gallsman

Quote from: Taylor on April 24, 2018, 10:07:37 AM
The parents are within their rights to fight tooth and nail for their child but at some point some sense needs to kick in. I take it the taxpayer is bankrolling all of this.

Of course they are, but they have no right to suggest staff at the hospital intend to murder their son or invite people to come down to the hospital and disrupt it.
100. Apparently people on the "Alfie's Army" Facebook page were asking people to set off fire alarms in the hospital.  >:( Evacuating a hospital whilst people are in theatre or critical care seems like a sensible thing to do!

So the child has been taken of the ventilator and has been breathing unassisted for over 11 hours.

This really is WTF.

Scary shit

According to the child's father which, unfortunately, means the statement has a rather large asterisk beside it.

Taylor

Quote from: gallsman on April 24, 2018, 10:52:42 AM

This really is WTF.

Scary shit

According to the child's father which, unfortunately, means the statement has a rather large asterisk beside it.

Yeah, thought that however would have assumed the hospital would have come out with different if it wasnt true

thebigfella

Quote from: Taylor on April 24, 2018, 11:00:19 AM

This really is WTF.

Scary shit

Yeah, thought that however would have assumed the hospital would have come out with different if it wasnt true

The hospital wouldn't be allowed to comment on his condition most likely

seafoid

Quote from: Itchy on April 24, 2018, 10:00:30 AM
I don't give a f**k. If your Irish and interested in this stuff you are a sad b**tard and need to get out more. Fully deserving of it's place in the WTF thread.
I agree
It's very sad
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Minder

This really is WTF.

Scary shit

My wife saw something on Facebook from one of Alfie's Army that the child was going to be given a "lethal injection" & that this was an "execution"....... ???
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Minder on April 24, 2018, 12:58:29 PM

This really is WTF.

Scary shit

My wife saw something on Facebook from one of Alfie's Army that the child was going to be given a "lethal injection" & that this was an "execution"....... ???

This is a joke. What the hell business is it of 'Alfie's Army' what happens???  Have these people nothing better to be at then getting involved in someone else's business?  I respect the right of the parents to do what they can to get the best for their child but sometimes you need to remove yourself from the emotions of it all. It is not easy and with young kids of my own I'm not sure how I would react but these protesters need to get to fvck away from this and leave an already vulnerable and distressed family to make the best decision for their own lives.

Milltown Row2

Its pitchfork menality, these protesters most live some perfect lives.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Taylor

Sure just look at the #ibelieveher campaign.

People dont need to know the facts before jumping on a bandwagon and lifting the pitchforks

The Iceman

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 24, 2018, 01:22:35 PM
Its pitchfork menality, these protesters most live some perfect lives.
I would like to think that if my responsibilities and rights were being taken away as a parent to protect the life of my child that people would show up to support me.
They want Alfie to live. To try whatever they can for him to live. He just received Italian citizenship and there is a hospital there willing to take him and give him a fighting chance. I don't know a parent who wouldn't want to try. Alfie's parents want to try. The UK authorities don't want to keep trying and are taking this away from his parents....

I find it very sad that now a child with medical problems' life isn't worth much to some on here...
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

gallsman

I find it very sad that you think your rights trump those of the child.

Tell me what you know about this Italian hospital - the treatment they propose to offer, how they plan to give Alfie a "fighting" chance etc Or are you just reacting to some rubbish you've seen online.

brokencrossbar1

I have no issue about people supporting the child and I fully understand the parents position but the notion of protesting and storming hospitals etc is just insane.

The Iceman

Quote from: gallsman on April 24, 2018, 06:42:12 PM
I find it very sad that you think your rights trump those of the child.

Tell me what you know about this Italian hospital - the treatment they propose to offer, how they plan to give Alfie a "fighting" chance etc Or are you just reacting to some rubbish you've seen online.
how are the parents going against the rights of the child? Does the child not have a right to life? Should the childs oxygen be removed, water be removed? Should he be given sedation to starve and die?
Doctors associations up and down the UK and the rest of the world are standing with the parents.

What do you know thats different from the rest of us? Why should the child die? Would you pull the plug?
If we can't protect the vulnerable then who are we as a society?
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight