You know what's worth getting up for

Started by pintsofguinness, November 15, 2007, 10:05:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

I'm sick of all the negativity of the Grinds My Gears thread, and indeed of the board as a whole, we've some very negative people on here – always bickering and fighting, yous bring me down!

Coming up to the season of Goodwill (I've checked with the PC police, I'm allowed to call it that) we should be more positive. 

You know what's worth getting up for...

Watching wee birds eat the bread you left out for them
Maryland Chocolate Chip Cookies
Picking wild flowers in the rain
Having a day off to play with FIFA 08
Snow Flakes in my hair
Sausages
the smell of the damp earth in the woods
Catching a nice girl looking at your bum
Getting the last Parent Toddler space in the car park
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

deiseach

Saturday morning lie ins (not worth getting up for but worth waking up for!) beside your chief squeeze
The first freshly brewed coffee. It's amazing the stuff isn't illegal
Finding out American sports results
Giving something sinful to the cat and watching their hysterical reaction

Tyrones own

Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 15, 2007, 10:05:00 PM
I'm sick of all the negativity of the Grinds My Gears thread, and indeed of the board as a whole, we've some very negative people on here – always bickering and fighting, yous bring me down!

Coming up to the season of Goodwill (I've checked with the PC police, I'm allowed to call it that) we should be more positive. 

Picking wild flowers in the rain  :o
Snow Flakes in my hair
Sausages

I see the o'l lady must be hanging out with you on the board tonight Pints
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

stiffler

Watching Liverpool's Champions League run in 2005. Every time Gerard's rasping shot against Olympiacos hits the back of the net it brings a tear to my eye.

Looking at my watch at either 1.40pm or 5.35pm and tuning into BBC1 to check up on the happenings on the worlds favourite street.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

deiseach

5 Sams

Going for a good tr**p up around Kilfeaghan with the Lab.

The Aristocrat Years

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Hardy

Reading a tit post on the non-GAA board and waiting for the tat
Watching televised traffic, aka World Wally Championship
Getting a letter from Tuam
Taking my bike into the bedroom on a cold night
Frosted glass

Gabriel_Hurl

That feeling when the ball leaves your boot and you know automatically that it's going over the bar – that you turn away before it goes over

5 Sams

Quote from: ziggysego on November 15, 2007, 10:22:45 PM
That's a great photo 5 Sams
Thats not a photo of my mutt Zigg. I dont know how to upload my own. I have a collection of classics. Nothing like a labrador to help you blow the cobwebs away!!
The Aristocrat Years

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Tyrones own on November 15, 2007, 10:14:00 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 15, 2007, 10:05:00 PM

Picking wild flowers in the rain   :o
Snow Flakes in my hair
Sausages

I see the o'l lady must be hanging out with you on the board tonight Pints

No, my Mudras instructor suggested it as a way to wind down at the end of the day
I find it very soothing to go out for a walk, pick some flowers and it's great having fresh flowers in the house everyday too.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

ONeill

On a Friday/Saturday night when she's out, cracking open a couple of stout and watch Tyrone v Armagh 2005 All-Ireland Semi-Final in full. Pretend it's happening now and you don't know the result. With 5 mins left you've downed 8 pints and are shouting at the TV that yiz are feckin useless and I should never believe in you all again. Then it's level and you reckon it's on. When Peter knocks it over you jump to the ceiling and after the final whistle pretend to phone someone to talk about it but have the actual conversation out loud. Go to bed wondering where'll you'll stay the night of the final and where the ticket'll come from.

The wife wakes you 8 hours later saying were you at that feckin video again ye lunatic. You need help. You tell her no you were watching Kenny live but tried to tape it.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

tyrone exile

waking up 2 hours before you have to and then realising you have 2 more hours of sleep

Gnevin

Classic the grumpiest fecker on the board is cheering us all up  ;D ;D
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.