Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG1

Can understand Khan getting the stick he has dodged those guys for long enough, but the Frampton fight was a joke too.

nrico2006

Khan has fought and beat some excellent fighters but then again has been badly beaten 3 times.  Donaire is not as good as he was plus has been better at lower weights.  It is nice to see a bit of respect too but a lot of what went on has been cringeworthy.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Milltown Row2

Quote from: nrico2006 on April 23, 2018, 01:06:35 PM
Khan has fought and beat some excellent fighters but then again has been badly beaten 3 times.  Donaire is not as good as he was plus has been better at lower weights.  It is nice to see a bit of respect too but a lot of what went on has been cringeworthy.
[/b]
You'd much prefer McGregor's approach?

Carl has never been a trash talker as such and thats his nature.. As for the fight its was a step up from the last fight and while in control for most parts he di take a few punches, Donaire fought better at lower weights, as did Carl, so i dont see your point, yes he's older but not by much.

Needs a good title fight, he seems happy with his training program and the set up so far, hopefully that continues. I was unsure of the partnership at first but things looking good, If Carl wins another title that be some achievement..

Father in Law and my daughter were there and he was telling me they were drinking during the fights at their seats! This has to be a first I'd assume as Ive never seen it done before.. dodgy in the extreme
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Taylor

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 23, 2018, 01:28:51 PM
[/b]

Carl has never been a trash talker as such and thats his nature.. As for the fight its was a step up from the last fight and while in control for most parts he di take a few punches, Donaire fought better at lower weights, as did Carl, so i dont see your point, yes he's older but not by much.

Needs a good title fight, he seems happy with his training program and the set up so far, hopefully that continues. I was unsure of the partnership at first but things looking good, If Carl wins another title that be some achievement..

Father in Law and my daughter were there and he was telling me they were drinking during the fights at their seats! This has to be a first I'd assume as Ive never seen it done before.. dodgy in the extreme

Who was drinking? The fans?

Nothing new in that at boxing

trailer

Frampton and Khan's fights were a load of shite. Fighting complete journey men for a few quid. It's amazing that any of the public gets behind this dung.
Boxers pick their fights. There is about 367 different belts. The whole sport has zero credibility. It's basically WWE without the raza-mataz.

lurganblue

Quote from: Taylor on April 23, 2018, 01:33:31 PM
[/b]

Who was drinking? The fans?

Nothing new in that at boxing

Any of the fights i went to it wasn't allowed. Especially the ones that sky were covering.

Atticus_Finch

[/b]

Drinking at the seats is new, in fairness there is restrictions around it MR and i think the management thought long and hard about it before it went live.  Drinking at the seats was allowed at Carl's last fight as well.  You are not allowed to purchase more than 2 pints at a time and they properly enforce this.  I ordered at the bar and I had a dribble left in a pint glass while ordering, the girl was only prepared to serve me 1 pint !!  I quickly finished the dribble to take my full quota of 2 pints and proceeded happily to my seat !

I know there are dangers associated with it but i'm in favour of it as long as the safeguards are there ...  If it wasn't for beer during the Tete fight, I don't know what I would have done lol  !!

Carl was looking as sharp as he has been since his first Santa Cruz fight and seems in a good frame of mind.   He will need to be at his best for Selby (don't mean to be disrespectful towards Warrington, he's tough and gritty but only one winner between him and Selby) or Valdez should they materialise.

Agree with Square Ball - Very hard to see where Cummings goes from here.  He must have been heart broken at that result but put on his support face to be in Carl's corner straight after it.  Fair play to Luke Keeler, completely outboxed Cummings. 

@Omagh_Gael -   Great to see Tyrone winning (being a Derry man he's the only Tyrone I will ever support ;-)   ), next fight will be a massive one for him !

"The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience."

nrico2006

[/b]

I liked the respectful nature at the weigh in and press conferences but it got a bit too much after the fight the other night.  Good name on his record but Donaire is on the slide.  Frampton looked better than his previous fights and was very sharp.  Workrate was good too and he didn't tire (which he seems to do in some fights) which is always my worry with him as his fights are always going to go the distance due to his lack of power.  The training in Spain with Moore seems to be paying off.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

omagh_gael

Quote from: Atticus_Finch on April 23, 2018, 02:41:09 PM
@Omagh_Gael -   Great to see Tyrone winning (being a Derry man he's the only Tyrone I will ever support ;-)   ), next fight will be a massive one for him !

Haha probably the reason he is a decent boxer growing up in Derry with that name!

nrico2006

Just saw the latest WBC report, absolute joke and again shows all that is wrong with boxing.  Whyte is the number 1 ranked contender, has been for a while and beating Browne should have further cemented that position.  Now though, Breazeale is the first mandatory and Whyte has to fight Ortiz to become the second mandatory.  The most corrupt sport about.

lurganblue

Quote from: nrico2006 on April 25, 2018, 12:49:06 PM
Just saw the latest WBC report, absolute joke and again shows all that is wrong with boxing.  Whyte is the number 1 ranked contender, has been for a while and beating Browne should have further cemented that position.  Now though, Breazeale is the first mandatory and Whyte has to fight Ortiz to become the second mandatory.  The most corrupt sport about.

Joke. Whyte made a song and dance about how the WBC support their fighters and he would now be number 1 contender.  Although at the AJ fight he seemed to want the povetkin fight more.  Doesnt look like he is gonna get that fight either.

imtommygunn

Another win for taylor.  She seems unstoppable even after a short period of time in pro.

bennydorano

Just read a bit of a review of Paul Gibson's Biography of Eamon Magee 'The lost soul of Eamon Magee'. Looks like it would be a very interesting and compelling read!

Jim Bob

Quote from: bennydorano on April 29, 2018, 01:55:43 PM
Just read a bit of a review of Paul Gibson's Biography of Eamon Magee 'The lost soul of Eamon Magee'. Looks like it would be a very interesting and compelling read!

Where did you read it?

bennydorano

S.T Culture section.