American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Quote from: Minder on January 15, 2018, 02:55:02 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on January 15, 2018, 02:39:21 PM
The Patriots going up against a Tom Coughlin team in the playoffs? We've seen this story before  ;)

Hopefully the same result

I really hope the Vikings win the Superbowl. I'd love to see Jacksonville do it if they don't. Calais Campbell is a great lad.

screenexile

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 15, 2018, 02:57:35 PM
Quote from: Minder on January 15, 2018, 02:55:02 PM
The Patriots going up against a Tom Coughlin team in the playoffs? We've seen this story before  ;)

Hopefully the same result

I really hope the Vikings win the Superbowl. I'd love to see Jacksonville do it if they don't. Calais Campbell is a great lad.

I really enjoyed that Vikings performance last night and I hope they can go on and do it after the heartbreak they've suffered over the years with field goals etc.

TabClear

Mindgames from the patriots or potentially a gamchanger for Sunday? Starting to think the Jags at +7.5 points could be worth a few quid.

http://www.espn.co.uk/nfl/story/_/id/22146062/brian-hoyer-preparing-ready-tom-brady-not-ready-sunday-afc-championship-game

Syferus

Brady would still be miles better than Bortles with a hook for a hand. It'd probably save time on deflating footballs too.

Don't expect any surprises in that one, at worst he's going to be filled up on painkilling injections and high as a kite for the game. No way he misses it.

magpie seanie

Brady had to get 4 stitches in a cut between his thumb and index finger. He will be fine.

stew

Brady will destroy this crowd tonight, I expect a three touchdown win for the Pats and although both teams are chokers in the losers bracket of the draw, I expect the queens to choke more and lose and go back to dinkytown with their tails between their legs!

Pats to win it all again, happy days, Brady is the best ever no matter what happens.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Syferus

Quote from: stew on January 21, 2018, 11:59:29 AM

Brady will destroy this crowd tonight, I expect a three touchdown win for the Pats and although both teams are chokers in the losers bracket of the draw, I expect the queens to choke more and lose and go back to dinkytown with their tails between their legs!

Pats to win it all again, happy days, Brady is the best ever no matter what happens.

I thought the Patriots would win tonight but after this post I'm not too sure.

Gabriel_Hurl

Super drive there from the Jags

stew

Quote from: Syferus on January 21, 2018, 12:13:41 PM
Quote from: stew on January 21, 2018, 11:59:29 AM

I thought the Patriots would win tonight but after this post I'm not too sure.

Why?

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Gabriel_Hurl

Oraisteach

London Jags firing on all cylinders. Hope they can pull it off.

Syferus

This is getting very interesting. Fournette is a beast.

AZOffaly

Going according to script for Jags. Bortles looking sound behind solid o line play and a good run game allowing for play action. 

Oraisteach

And, of course, Pats score when up against it

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"