American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Christ almighty, what a play from Big Ben.

Unreal game.

Minder

Why the fck onside kick there ?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Syferus

Quote from: Minder on January 14, 2018, 09:10:51 PM
Why the fck onside kick there ?

Because you've two TOs left and they've already hung 42 on you?

Therealdonald

gallsman

Had to go onside given the scores the D was giving up.

Why not kick the FG rather then waste all that time?! You need it anyway.

Clov

Onside kick was a mistake. Playing for a three and out from the Jags offense was the higher percentage play and would have given them the ball back with 2 minutes left.
"One of the most salient features of our culture is that there is so much bullshit"

Syferus

Quote from: Clov on January 14, 2018, 09:31:30 PM
Onside kick was a mistake. Playing for a three and out from the Jags offense was the higher percentage play and would have given them the ball back with 2 minutes left.

Again, they'd already conceded 42 points by then. Kind of knocks a coach's confidence in the likelihood of a three and out. It was the right call.

Clov

This is the Jags offense we're talking about. There are no good options down 7 with 2:20 on the clock but only about 1 in 10 onside kicks are recovered. I'll take my chances with Blake Bortles.
"One of the most salient features of our culture is that there is so much bullshit"

Oraisteach

So, the London Jags have a shot at a Super Bowl appearance before my Browns!

Clov

Bortles vs Foles superbowl is a real possibility. How mad is that.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Syferus on January 14, 2018, 09:33:03 PM
Quote from: Clov on January 14, 2018, 09:31:30 PM

Again, they'd already conceded 42 points by then. Kind of knocks a coach's confidence in the likelihood of a three and out. It was the right call.

It was never the right call. The odds of an onside kick are far less than a 3and out against a team who would have ran the ball. Defense was terrible but you can't tell me they had a better chance recovering an onside. Also flip side is a failed onside kick is almost a guaranteed 3 points. As it transpired.

Mike Tomlin is a horrible game manager, a bit like Andy Reid.

Syferus

Saints look like they're in the process of imploding.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Syferus on January 14, 2018, 10:20:55 PM

Keenums a great story. Vikings are a good solid team. If they win out stew will have a stroke.

Syferus

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 14, 2018, 10:38:07 PM
Quote from: Syferus on January 14, 2018, 10:20:55 PM

Keenums a great story. Vikings are a good solid team. If they win out stew will have a stroke.

This is just embarrassing now.

Syferus

That interception might make this interesting.