Gaelic Games 2 (For PS2)

Started by westmayo, October 18, 2007, 02:13:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Louth Exile

St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Bogball XV

I for one will not be parting with a penny on it - the first version was so bad it was untrue - worst thing was they kept on selling it a premium prices for at least 6 months after it was released, just to milk every last penny from parents/grandparents/well meaning older siblings who didn't know how totally shite the game was, but wanted to buy little Johnny a good gaelic playstation game.

marty88

so its out this friday the 9th then?

Will it be in the likes of game, smiths up north here?
"paddy bradley has got that killer instinct a forward wud commit murder for"- Mick O' Dwyer

thejuice

Quote from: 5iveTimes on November 07, 2007, 11:26:36 AM
Developers IrGurus claim that 'Gaelic Games: Hurling' embodies the passion and excitement of the real thing.

If they can pull that off, it would be the greatest game ever! But I wont hold my breath, (or my money, i feel compelled to buy it).
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

The Real Laoislad

Gamestop in Liffey Valley are selling both games as a bundle for €75 they are €49 each to buy separately.
Im like the juice i feel compelled to buy them...
You'll Never Walk Alone.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on November 08, 2007, 09:34:55 PM
Gamestop in Liffey Valley are selling both games as a bundle for €75 they are €49 each to buy separately.
And be quick about it laoislad, I'm off next week and I aint leaving the couch, or putting on trousers, so if it's good I need to pick it up tomorrow!
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 08, 2007, 09:51:01 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on November 08, 2007, 09:34:55 PM
And be quick about it laoislad, I'm off next week and I aint leaving the couch, or putting on trousers, so if it's good I need to pick it up tomorrow!

For the love of God please put on some trousers... :o
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: 5iveTimes on November 08, 2007, 11:33:35 PM
According to RTE2 the Hurling game has got the thumbs down from the players, the article will be on in the next few minutes.

Have to say the little bit of game footage they showed looked alright..A lot less blocky graphic wise  than the football game from last year
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

The Wii would have been perfect for a hurling game,you could solo run and hit the ball using the wii remote control..Imagine the broken ornaments in the house  :D
You'll Never Walk Alone.

marty88

i played the hurling today, its very good. Well worth the money. Hope the football is as good
"paddy bradley has got that killer instinct a forward wud commit murder for"- Mick O' Dwyer

OdoSkimodo

Quote from: 5iveTimes on November 08, 2007, 11:33:35 PM
According to RTE2 the Hurling game has got the thumbs down from the players, the article will be on in the next few minutes.

Think that referred to an interview with that mess dessie farrell where he said that the game was worse of for not having official GPA recognition and therefore players names. In other words dessie was whinging about a pie that he wasn't able to stick his podgy finger in

his holiness nb

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on November 09, 2007, 12:01:03 AM
The Wii would have been perfect for a hurling game,you could solo run and hit the ball using the wii remote control..Imagine the broken ornaments in the house  :D

Dont forget to drop the remote before fighting LL, if you strike with a Wii remote its an automatic ban  ;)

Seriously let us know re the football though, its on Her Holiness' list of enlightening gifts.
Ask me holy bollix

maxpower

any opinions yet, i see its in Xtravision here so might pop down and have a look if the reviews are any way decent

Did i read you have a manager mode, how would this compare to the PC game
What happens next????

Bogball XV

Quote from: OdoSkimodo on November 09, 2007, 09:32:21 AM

Think that referred to an interview with that mess dessie farrell where he said that the game was worse of for not having official GPA recognition and therefore players names. In other words dessie was whinging about a pie that he wasn't able to stick his podgy finger in
Whilst I cannae stand the GPA, I agree that with Dessie on this one, although, that said there are a number of inter-county players who are not GPA members, perhaps they would have given up their 'image' rights for free?

Galwaybhoy

Why dont they do the Pro Evo job where they have fake names that are similar to the real player names.  I better not be looking at a team sheet with names such as no. 10, no 11 etc like the last game.  Im finding it really hard to not go out and get these games, but I will eventually, any of ye played it yet lads?