Gaelic Games 2 (For PS2)

Started by westmayo, October 18, 2007, 02:13:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on October 18, 2007, 02:35:32 PM
and a quick look at the IR Gurus website says that there is a second football game coming out - and a Hurling one

There's screenshots on their site

http://www.irgurus.com/

Football

Game

Good too see they have one of the top teams as their offical screenshot...Is that other team Dublin  ??? ;)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

I have played all the AFL games and they are very similar in graphics and gameplay that Gaelic Football 1 had..In other words pretty poor..
I doubt these new releases will be any better and won't ever get good unless some comapny like EA Sports takes over the making of the game
You'll Never Walk Alone.

ziggysego

Screen shot of the Kerry -v- Cork AI Final 2007

Testing Accessibility

Louth Exile

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on October 18, 2007, 08:25:17 PM
I doubt these new releases will be any better and won't ever get good unless some comapny like EA Sports takes over the making of the game

I agree. Also, I know there are bigger fish to fry at the moment but it would have also been better to have a joint venture with the GPA so as the players image rights could have been used. I prefer scoring a goal against Meath in Pairc Tailteann when it is Ollie Mc Donnell and not just No.14
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Louth Exile on October 18, 2007, 08:39:15 PM

I agree. Also, I know there are bigger fish to fry at the moment but it would have also been better to have a joint venture with the GPA so as the players image rights could have been used. I prefer scoring a goal against Meath in Pairc Tailteann when it is Ollie Mc Donnell and not just No.14

Reading the spec of the game it says there is a edit feature this year so i presume that means you can change the names yourself
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Rav67

haven't heard a thing about this but I'll have to get it, the last one was completely awful and just nothing like what the gameplay should be ie no-one marking anyone.  Don't know of anyone who held onto the game for more than a few weeks.  The lack of any names was shit too but that'll obviously stay the same. 

Louth Exile

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on October 18, 2007, 09:32:19 PM
Quote from: Louth Exile on October 18, 2007, 08:39:15 PM

Reading the spec of the game it says there is a edit feature this year so i presume that means you can change the names yourself

That feature was on the last one as well. I made up a louth team of my own club men (past &present)  ;D (sad, I know)
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

red hander

'Please let one of the tasks be the second half of the Ulster semi-final in 1995 Tyrone vs Derry'

:D :D :D :D :D :D

corn02

Out on Nov 7th. Also heard it is a massive improvement.

thejuice

QuoteAlso heard it is a massive improvement.

says who?

out tomorrow, might splash out on both of these in the near future
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

ziggysego

Quote from: thejuice on November 06, 2007, 04:35:24 PM

says who?

Like the games that much? :o
Testing Accessibility

clarshack

i take it that if you buy the new scaled down ps3 that these games wont work on it?

Star Spangler

says who?

Let us know if it's any good.  ;D

thejuice

Quote from: ziggysego on November 06, 2007, 04:52:54 PM

says who?

Like the games that much? :o

Yeah, well I reckon if i give them my money eventually they might make a good one. Although they might think that we would buy any old shite they throw at us and things will never improve. But as for the last game, I traded it in after a week.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Star Spangler

Is it not the 9th it's being released?