The Official WWE thread

Started by longball, September 21, 2007, 11:04:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

longball

Whats everyones thoughts of the current WWE programme?
not too big into wrestling anymore but used to be> back in the day of The Rock, Stone Cold, Mankind, The Undertaker, mystery of darkness time, and the Corporation, DX inclusive of HHH, Road Dogg, X Pac and BA Billy Gunn, Edge & Christan, Chris Jerico, Benoit, the hardys 4et

From what i can see now that Baptisa seems to be getting pushed as this young 2 time world champion but truth is dude is around 40!
Also Cena and Orton seem to be the best two in the show and their rivarly could be a good story line
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

tintin25

It's pretty dire these days....Cena has been champ for far too long but to be honest there is really no-one else who would be believable as champ. I think they are gonna try and push Orton and Kennedy more into the limelight! The Great Khali is a joke!

his holiness nb

Khali is terrible.
The problem with Cena is that although he is capable of putting on a good match, the suspense is gone as nobody believes he is going to lose a match.

Orton however will beat him at the next event, through dastardly cheating means.
If not thats 3 clean wins in a row for Cena in this feud and Ortons credibility is gone.

With the recent suspensions, deaths (Benoit, Guerrero) injuries (HBK, Lashley), retirements (RVD, Big Show) and people jumping to TNA (Angle and Christian) they need a new big star and strong rumours suggest Chris Jericho will be back in the ring next month. That will be something to watch, the best cocky asshole character ever in my opinion.

I personally think the biggest loss of recent times was Kurt Angle, a great wrestler and brilliant character, be it good guy or bad.

Now that HHH is back they need Cena to lose a few matches to spread the list of evenly matched potential champions out a bit rather that have a "who does Cene feud with and beat next" list.
I'd have Cena, Orton, Kennedy, Triple H, Umaga, Lashley, Jericho and John Morrison all in that group.

Smackdown spreads it about more but lets be honest, its the secondary show, its all about RAW.

The sad thing about all this is that I'm 31  8)
Ask me holy bollix

longball

ur proud like me ur holiness were into it big at a younger age and still take an odd look to keep uptodate though im only 21  8)

longball

anybody for the smackdown tour in Belfast 4 and 5th of oct. tickets on sale 2moro for the 5th!!!

his holiness nb

Actually the opposite Longball, didnt have sky till I got married.
Used to watch in the good old day with Hogan and Ultimate warrior in a freinds house but not regularly, only really started watching regularly in 2000, good light hearted messing ideal for a hangover on a saturday morning.

Not going to Belfast, went a few times in Dublin, wouldnt be mad on the non televised events, all very predictable.
Ask me holy bollix

longball

aye i no what u mean i was gonna get up and book tickets but think it wudnt be that great- ive never been before thou and mitent get the chance again-

i used to enjoy the group funds ie Mystery of Darkness Vs Corporation
DX Vs Corporation
Nation of domination Vs Everyone lol
With Stone Cold kicking all their asses lol
The rock was great compeitor who was very witty> who is this ruddy poo?

Even years before that Ted Diabosi Millian Dollar Corporation was great

Gabriel_Hurl

But the thing is with Cena - once he is beat - it will be a big deal - and it will help elevate the guy who beat him

longball

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on September 21, 2007, 02:10:33 PM
But the thing is with Cena - once he is beat - it will be a big deal - and it will help elevate the guy who beat him

Bar Orton i cant see anybody really being fit for this role.

Ive missed large periods down thru the years so what ever happened (some could still be on show  :-[ ) :-
Brock Lesner
Chris Jerico
Edge
The Bogeyman
Val Venis

Also something that has really been bugging me- is JBL really the same person that was in the ABA?? they look nothing alike!

tintin25

Quote from: longball on September 21, 2007, 02:19:13 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on September 21, 2007, 02:10:33 PM

Bar Orton i cant see anybody really being fit for this role.

Ive missed large periods down thru the years so what ever happened (some could still be on show  :-[ ) :-
Brock Lesner
Chris Jerico
Edge
The Bogeyman
Val Venis

Also something that has really been bugging me- is JBL really the same person that was in the ABA?? they look nothing alike!

I'm probably in the boat as yourself in that I watched it around the mid nineties up until 1998...lost interest and saw footage from 2003 onwards. Lesnar left to pursue an american football career...think he know operates on the japanese wrestling circuit. He was awsome from what I can remember. Yes, JBL is the same Bradshaw from ABA...He shaved the beard! Edge is injured at the mo.

his holiness nb

Quote from: longball on September 21, 2007, 02:19:13 PM
Brock Lesner
Chris Jerico
Edge
The Bogeyman
Val Venis

Brock Lesnar, left to become a professional American footballer, failed miserably.
Now wrestles the odd match in Japan and recently wrestled Kurt Angle over there.
Rumoured to be possibly returning to TNA the rival promotion who now have Angle, Rhino, Christian, Kevin Nash and more.

Chris Jericho left to become an international rock star,failed miserably.
Rumoured to be returning to WWE next month.

Edge, one of the biggest characters at the moment and held the championship belt a few times in the last year or so, injured at the moment.

The Boogeyman, still there, but in a lesser role. On the ECW brand of the company.

Val Venis, think he is still there, only gets a run out on Heat or the likes.

JBL is the same guy alright, held the championship for a good while as a bad guy when he "transformed" a great character as the arrogant p***k sort of guy.

Retired a few months back and now commentates.
Ask me holy bollix

his holiness nb

I think it is, popular man round your neck of the woods I'd say Gabriel!
That clip was played on RAW last night
Ask me holy bollix

Gabriel_Hurl

Color me unhappy

Cena out with pec tear, must surrender WWE Championship
By Bryan Robinson
Written: October 2, 2007

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. – WWE Champion John Cena has suffered a complete tear of his right pectoral tendon and is heading into surgery, according to noted orthopedic surgeon Dr. James Andrews. Because of the seriousness of the injury, WWE officials will not allow Cena to compete this Sunday at No Mercy, and he will have no choice but to surrender the title.

Dr. Andrews said Cena could miss between six and eight months of action. Cena was injured during his match with Mr. Kennedy Monday night on Raw. According to WWE physician Dr. Ferdinand Rios, Cena's injury was more serious than initially thought.

"He has a complete tear of his pectoralus major muscle," Rios said. "Because he's so big, [the tendon tear] is behind the muscle. It was hard to diagnose."

Rios said Cena will be hospitalized for a few days to learn the rehabilitation procedure he must undergo. His arm will be immobilized for a week and then therapists may allow him to start moving it so that the arm doesn't become stiff.

Rios said that Cena is so dedicated to WWE that he wouldn't be surprised to see him return sooner than later.

"I suspect that John might be able to come back sooner [than most people with this injury], as he'll train vigorously," Rios said.

Before visiting Dr. Andrews, Cena had said last night, "No matter how serious the injury, one way or another I'll be ready to compete on Sunday."

But despite Cena's vow, WWE officials will not allow him to compete at No Mercy. Therefore, he must surrender the WWE Championship.

WWE officials vow that there will be a WWE Championship Match this Sunday at No Mercy and a new WWE Champion will be crowned.

Stay with WWE.com for further updates on Cena's condition and on No Mercy as they become available.

his holiness nb

No doubt he will take it back soon after recovering, however it does make for an interesting few months with several evenly matched guys battling it out.

Pity he lost it like this though, it will look like the chasing pack are fighting over the title till Cena returns, would have been better had he lost it in the ring.
Ask me holy bollix