la liga thread

Started by anportmorforjfc, August 28, 2007, 09:57:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Archie Mitchell

Some goal from Ibrahimovic there.

This is a great game. Far better than any of the big 4 games in the premiership.

Minder

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on November 29, 2009, 07:19:16 PM
Some goal from Ibrahimovic there.

This is a great game. Far better than any of the big 4 games in the premiership.

Highest skill level certainly
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Archie Mitchell

Which is what makes it better from a neutrals point of view. The big 4 games are more tactically orientated, where as these 2 teams, although they have a game plan, go out and play football and attack attack attack.

Minder

The only problem is Gerry Armstrong is commentating.

Barcelona down to 10 men, Busquets off
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Archie Mitchell

I know, you would think he was an expert on Spanish football.  Though is he any worse than listening to Andy Gray or Jamie Redknapp?

Was a silly 2nd booking from Busquets. Suprised they took Ronaldo off. Even though hasnt played for 5 weeks, still should have been fit to see the game out.

Archie Mitchell

Barca taking the piss out of Real now.

Messi, Xavi, Iniesta etc are a joy to watch. Messi once again has delivered the goods in a big game. Shoe in for the European and World player of the year now. Shoudl have buried that last chance though.

Good to see Diarra get sent off. He should have been sent off in Paris though v Ireland.

Denn Forever

Always preferred Rusks but Liga better for dunking.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Rossie11

Great win for Barca. The way they kept the ball when down to 10men was majestic.
Madrid are taking time to gel but are far better than the shambles they were 6months ago.

They would like to take the title but their main aim is the CL final in the Bernabeu in May.
Some game if Barca were to be standing in their way..

Rav67

Pique and Puyol were brilliant I thought.  So much for the classic line about players careers going downhill when they leave Man Utd.

Main Street

So much for some low opinions about Puyol's capabilities at CH.

Archie Mitchell

Puyol and Pique were both unreal last night, stopped at least 3 certain goals. I read somewhere that in some Castrol rankings system (which they said was the most co plete rankings system) they had Pique as 3rd in the list as players of last season in the world, with Henry finishing top. Seems like he has done ok for himself since leaving Utd.

Madrid don't look that bad compared to last year, probably deserved something from the game. Would be a great champions league final between these 2 in Madrid. Though Chelsea might have something to say about it.

TheGreatRambo

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on November 30, 2009, 04:11:49 PM
Puyol and Pique were both unreal last night, stopped at least 3 certain goals. I read somewhere that in some Castrol rankings system (which they said was the most co plete rankings system) they had Pique as 3rd in the list as players of last season in the world, with Henry finishing top. Seems like he has done ok for himself since leaving Utd.

Madrid don't look that bad compared to last year, probably deserved something from the game. Would be a great champions league final between these 2 in Madrid. Though Chelsea might have something to say about it.

Not to sure about those castrol ratings as Henry was about 5th best player at Barca never mind the world.

Archie Mitchell

Why you not so sure about the Castrol rankings? They are performance based stats and not just based on opinion.

http://www.castrolfootball.com/rankings/rankings/

TheGreatRambo

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on December 01, 2009, 08:06:11 PM
Why you not so sure about the Castrol rankings? They are performance based stats and not just based on opinion.

http://www.castrolfootball.com/rankings/rankings/

There are so many things wrong with them castrol ratings it would be hard to know where to start.. I've said it on here before somewhere "lies damn, lies and statistics"