Brits out, peace in.

Started by Aerlik, July 31, 2007, 04:18:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aerlik

The foreign army is leaving.  Hope you all are enjoying it as much as I am on the other side of the world.  Thieves, thieves, tramps and thieves they heard it from the people of Ireland, we called them....
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

his holiness nb

Who will be first to post "mission accomplished"  :D :D :D :D

Ask me holy bollix

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

Donagh

استمرّ بجندي البيت البريطاني يستمرّ ببيت

SammyG

Quote from: his holiness nb on July 31, 2007, 04:19:23 PM
Who will be first to post "mission accomplished"  :D :D :D :D

5000 garrison before the troubles - 30 odd years of sectarian slaughter - 5000 garrison after the troubles. Hard to see it as anything other than mission accomplished.

his holiness nb

Ask me holy bollix

Donagh

Quote from: SammyG on July 31, 2007, 04:22:56 PM
5000 garrison before the troubles - 30 odd years of sectarian slaughter - 5000 garrison after the troubles. Hard to see it as anything other than mission accomplished.

I know you OWC chaps love the Freedom of Information Requests – you should do one next week to ask how many British troops are actually stationed here. I think you'll find the 5k is a maximum figure. Heard on the radio this morning the normal figure is likely to be 1.5-2k.

SammyG

Quote from: Donagh on July 31, 2007, 04:26:10 PM
Quote from: SammyG on July 31, 2007, 04:22:56 PM

I know you OWC chaps love the Freedom of Information Requests – you should do one next week to ask how many British troops are actually stationed here. I think you'll find the 5k is a maximum figure. Heard on the radio this morning the normal figure is likely to be 1.5-2k.
100% correct, as with any other garrison the number goes up and down depending on other committments.

An Fear Rua

Ill be having a drink tonight to toast the lads on their journey home.

surely its a good thing no matter which lizzie you look up too (thin or windsor).
Its Grim up North

nifan

Quotesurely its a good thing no matter which lizzie you look up too (thin or windsor).

I agree

SammyG

Quote from: nifan on July 31, 2007, 05:01:45 PM
Quotesurely its a good thing no matter which lizzie you look up too (thin or windsor).

I agree
And me.

Square Ball

so long, farewell .........what next in these ever changing times, Big Ian the first prime minister of a united Ireland?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Tonto

Another sign that the IRA are dead. :)

Donagh

Quote from: Tonto on July 31, 2007, 08:28:36 PM
Another sign that the IRA are dead. :)

Indeed. The Brits skulk away in the night like scolded dogs and meanwhile into the limelight steps the leader of the dead IRA, with his new sidekick.

SammyG

Quote from: Donagh on July 31, 2007, 08:39:37 PMIndeed. The Brits skulk away in the night like scolded dogs
Only about 1 million left to go then. Must be a hell of a big kennel you're putting those dogs in.  ::)