Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cunny Funt

Good win for Arsenal I hope they go on and win the league cup now.

ONeill

In the 2 post-Alexis matches a few players have stood up.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

mrdeeds

mrdeeds

Looks like Aubameyang is arriving. Some signing. This has being a great transfer window.

Syferus

He may not have much sell-on value but he's a bargain at that price for a proven goal-scorer. Wenger has done some decent business the last two windows.

tyroneman

Quote from: Syferus on January 29, 2018, 12:58:34 AM
He may not have much sell-on vallue but he's a bargain at that price for a proven goal-scorer. Wenger has done some decent business the last two windows.

Really?

The key needs for this Arsenal team have been, as they have for the past 5 years, if not more: a Defensive Midfielder and at least 1 proven, ready to contribute Centre Half.

In the past 2 transfer windows....Wenger has bought...... neither.

Instead he has aquired (assuming Aubameyang comes) 3 forwards, a centre half who he was going to send back out on loan and a left back who he got on a free transfer..and now doesn't start.

Across the EPL, CL and the 2 Cups.......Lacazette has scored 9 goals this season. Batshuayi has scored 10...that's a fella who barely gets a game at Chelsea. Is Lacazette really such good business at over £45million?

Now selling Sanchez for 60million would have been very good business.

Swapping him for a player who was a failure at Man Utd is a total gamble (although hopefully he follows the De Bruyne path to redemption)

Placating the fans with a few big name forwards doesn't mask the fact that Wenger simply doesn't sort out the areas that need fixing.

mrdeeds

Looks like Giroud might be of to Chelsea.

Syferus

Quote from: mrdeeds on January 29, 2018, 07:25:30 PM
Looks like Giroud might be of to Chelsea.

Conte needs to go to a fûcking basketball game if he wants to find a tall lad, it seems to be the only criteria he's had for a player this month.

Chelsea seem like a club on fire behind the scenes.

David Luiz is hit and miss but a straight swap for Giroud would be yet another piece of good business from Arsenal. He can't help but improve Arsenal defensively. Actually he's a player who would be best suited as a CDM rather than as a CB so he has multiple uses.

tyroneman

Quote from: Thastheball on January 29, 2018, 02:11:20 PM
Quote from: tyroneman on January 29, 2018, 01:57:08 PM
Quote from: Syferus on January 29, 2018, 12:58:34 AM
He may not have much sell-on vallue but he's a bargain at that price for a proven goal-scorer. Wenger has done some decent business the last two windows.

Really?

The key needs for this Arsenal team have been, as they have for the past 5 years, if not more: a Defensive Midfielder and at least 1 proven, ready to contribute Centre Half.

In the past 2 transfer windows....Wenger has bought...... neither.

Instead he has aquired (assuming Aubameyang comes) 3 forwards, a centre half who he was going to send back out on loan and a left back who he got on a free transfer..and now doesn't start.

Across the EPL, CL and the 2 Cups.......Lacazette has scored 9 goals this season. Batshuayi has scored 10...that's a fella who barely gets a game at Chelsea. Is Lacazette really such good business at over £45million?

Now selling Sanchez for 60million would have been very good business.

Swapping him for a player who was a failure at Man Utd is a total gamble (although hopefully he follows the De Bruyne path to redemption)

Placating the fans with a few big name forwards doesn't mask the fact that Wenger simply doesn't sort out the areas that need fixing.

in your opinion, like wtf have you managed at that level to suggest your opinion matters wan fcuk

Ah yr right, sure what was I thinking offering an opinion on, of all things, a discussion board.

Opinions on Arsenal should of course be limited to those who have managed in the EPL.

And only people who have managed county teams should comment on the championship.

Dinny Breen

I have a feeling Wenger is moving on at the end of the season.

Aubameyang and Mkhitaryan don't feel like Wenger signings. Seems to be a general apathy around the squad which reminds of Man United and when Ferguson announced his first retirement.

I liked Walcott as a person but to me he epitomised what Arsenal have become, a good face but no substance when it mattered glad to see him gone.

Sanchez was an enigma, pretty damn good most of the time but some man to give away cheap possession yet seemed aware of this when his team mates did it either through berating them or just his bad body language. Suspect he was more of a drainer than a energiser around the dressing room.

Giroud 32, handsome bastard but there was always a doubt around that he couldn't shift. Great option off the bench either chasing a game or to close one out, master of the near post headed clearance. If he goes he'll be missed but the right option for him and club.

In the meantime the League Cup and EL will provide plenty of interest but won't be getting overly excited until the new manager arrives.
#newbridgeornowhere

Syferus

I see nothing to suggest Wenger is going. The last two purchases have a lot to do with the BVB scout they brought in, in the end football is as much about happenstance when it comes to signing top players like Aub as anything else. If you have a chance to get a player of his quality you always take it.

mrdeeds

Ozil signing new deal is huge. Arsenal still on look out for CB today. GK has being given priority for summer. New staff seems to have kicked of a huge change.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: mrdeeds on January 31, 2018, 12:57:23 PM
Ozil signing new deal is huge. Arsenal still on look out for CB today. GK has being given priority for summer. New staff seems to have kicked of a huge change.

I'm still shocked at Ozil signing. Can miki play the role Cazorla played? He's been a massive loss, although Wilshere might fit in there if he stays fit.

Ancelotti still my choice to replace Wenger.

ONeill

ONeill