Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StGallsGAA

Quote from: GJL on January 14, 2018, 03:06:11 PM
Sanchez story gathering pace. Would be a serious signing!

It would and if HM is going in the other direction it would good for him too as Wenger would get the best out of him.   Martial has to stay tho.  No way I would swap him for Sanchez.

screenexile

Quote from: StGallsGAA on January 14, 2018, 03:18:12 PM

It would and if HM is going in the other direction it would good for him too as Wenger would get the best out of him.   Martial has to stay tho.  No way I would swap him for Sanchez.

Sure what's the point when Mourinho will make him defend when they play Liverpool/City.

United must be sick this evening they had the players to score against City but decided to defend instead. City's defence have never been good in Pep's time and are still not good it's amazing that teams think the best option is to sit back and try to counter them. You won't stop them scoring but you can definitely score more than them. Hopefully a few more teams wake up to it!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: screenexile on January 14, 2018, 07:00:40 PM

Sure what's the point when Mourinho will make him defend when they play Liverpool/City.

United must be sick this evening they had the players to score against City but decided to defend instead. City's defence have never been good in Pep's time and are still not good it's amazing that teams think the best option is to sit back and try to counter them. You won't stop them scoring but you can definitely score more than them. Hopefully a few more teams wake up to it!

Based on that Liverpool should be 10 points clear ya muppet
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Cunny Funt

Before todays game Man City conceded just 13 goals in 22 games. Half of the goals conceded today was individuals erors which is a rare sight on this current good City defence.

Syferus

Quote from: Cunny Funt on January 14, 2018, 07:42:25 PM

Before todays game Man City conceded just 13 goals in 22 games. Half of the goals conceded today was individuals erors which is a rare sight on this current good City defence.

It's easier to defend when you're not chasing the game.

screenexile

Quote from: Syferus on January 14, 2018, 07:49:57 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on January 14, 2018, 07:42:25 PM

It's easier to defend when you're not chasing the game.

It's also easier to defend when teams don't press you high and let a team like City have the ball. . . press their back 4 and they've been shown to be average!!

How many of City's goals caused by individual errors have been due to a high press? Most I would say but the reason for this is they are dodgy on the ball and attacking them is the best way to get any joy out of them. Holding your defensive shape to counter and letting them have the majority of the ball doesn't work!

StGallsGAA

Why would United fans be sick?  League leaders getting beaten by EPL no-hopers is always a plus.   ;)

Maroon Manc

Astounded by some of the reaction to reports Sanchez might go to United, the only reason players have joined City the last 10 years is because of money.

I haven't seen anyone mention that he'd be first choice at United and he'll play every game and be the main man whilst that won't be the case at City, I won't be surprised if City come back in with another offer.

AZOffaly

where will he play at United? I think he's a great player, I was hoping Liverpool would get him when Suarez left.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 15, 2018, 11:00:19 AM
where will he play at United? I think he's a great player, I was hoping Liverpool would get him when Suarez left.

I have no idea why United weren't in for him when he joined Arsenal, United were always linked with him before he went to Barca but United didn't have money during that period to compete.

Its hard to know as United are desperate for a right sided attacking player but Sanchez looks at his best roaming from the left. He'd certainly be the main man at OT and its hard to imagine that been the case at City. He's been one of the best players in the league since he arrived so it would be crazy United weren't trying to buy him.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Maroon Manc on January 15, 2018, 11:11:44 AM

I have no idea why United weren't in for him when he joined Arsenal, United were always linked with him before he went to Barca but United didn't have money during that period to compete.

Its hard to know as United are desperate for a right sided attacking player but Sanchez looks at his best roaming from the left. He'd certainly be the main man at OT and its hard to imagine that been the case at City. He's been one of the best players in the league since he arrived so it would be crazy United weren't trying to buy him.

Especially at a cut price, relatively speaking, because of his contract situation.

screenexile

Quote from: Maroon Manc on January 15, 2018, 10:48:14 AM
Astounded by some of the reaction to reports Sanchez might go to United, the only reason players have joined City the last 10 years is because of money.

I haven't seen anyone mention that he'd be first choice at United and he'll play every game and be the main man whilst that won't be the case at City, I won't be surprised if City come back in with another offer.

You do know United have a higher wage bill than City don't you?!!

TabClear

City are trying to pick him  up on the cheap hoping he "wants to play for Pep". United should forget about the contract situation and think how much would they be willing to pay to acquire him if he had 3 years left on his contract and then throw the money they save in transfer fees on him into his salary.

Top class player

screenexile

Quote from: TabClear on January 15, 2018, 11:35:59 AM

City are trying to pick him  up on the cheap hoping he "wants to play for Pep". United should forget about the contract situation and think how much would they be willing to pay to acquire him if he had 3 years left on his contract and then throw the money they save in transfer fees on him into his salary.

Top class player

Do United really need him though? Mkitariyan/Zlatan/Rahsford/Lukaku/Martial/Lingard/Pogba/Mata are all excellent attacking players in their own right.

Is the issue not more with the way United play against the bigger teams in terms of formation/tactics more so than the players they have at their disposal?

oakleaflad

Quote from: screenexile on January 15, 2018, 11:51:47 AM
Quote from: TabClear on January 15, 2018, 11:35:59 AM

Top class player

Do United really need him though? Mkitariyan/Zlatan/Rahsford/Lukaku/Martial/Lingard/Pogba/Mata are all excellent attacking players in their own right.

Is the issue not more with the way United play against the bigger teams in terms of formation/tactics more so than the players they have at their disposal?
Yeah, he's better currently than all those players on that list bar possibly Pogba so you get him if you have the chance. I think that's a no brainer.
Formation/tactics is another thing but I think he needs to keep Pogba ahead of the two defensive midfielders. I also wouldn't be surprised to see Sanchez played as a 9 if United signed him.