Author Topic: Premier League 2017/18  (Read 23941 times)

brokencrossbar1

• View Profile
Re: Premier League 2017/18
« Reply #510 on: April 23, 2018, 09:47:20 AM »
Agree.  But equally it's a joke he didn't win it if that's the rule.  If the criteria is anyone who is 23 at the start of the season is eligible, and it's best performing player from that group wins it, then Kane surely was a shoe in???.  They made a mockery of their own rules.  Definitely should be lowered to 21.
I agree. Based on the rules, as ridiculous  as they are, Kane should probably have won it. 21 at the start of the season would be more appropriate age for young player of the year though.

In fairness Sane has had a fantastic season and it is not unreasonable to mention him at the same level as Kane.

Honestly, and it pains me to say this, but Sterling has had a better season than Kane in terms of overall impact. Kane scores goals in bursts. He will go 3-4 games at a time and score 2 in each game and then not score for a few games at a time. The wee Judas shite has been consistently scoring and assisting the whole season.

NAG1

• View Profile
« Reply #511 on: April 23, 2018, 09:55:50 AM »
Agree.  But equally it's a joke he didn't win it if that's the rule.  If the criteria is anyone who is 23 at the start of the season is eligible, and it's best performing player from that group wins it, then Kane surely was a shoe in???.  They made a mockery of their own rules.  Definitely should be lowered to 21.
I agree. Based on the rules, as ridiculous  as they are, Kane should probably have won it. 21 at the start of the season would be more appropriate age for young player of the year though.

In fairness Sane has had a fantastic season and it is not unreasonable to mention him at the same level as Kane.

Honestly, and it pains me to say this, but Sterling has had a better season than Kane in terms of overall impact. Kane scores goals in bursts. He will go 3-4 games at a time and score 2 in each game and then not score for a few games at a time. The wee Judas shite has been consistently scoring and assisting the whole season.

Good shout actually, just imagine he could actually finish as well he would be a 40/50 goal man with the amount of chances he is involved in.

nrico2006

• View Profile
« Reply #512 on: April 23, 2018, 09:57:57 AM »

Kane has been consistently scoring all season too though, bar a quiet August.  Can't see the argument for Sterling over Kane.  Kane has been directly involved in more goals than Sterling. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Maroon Manc

• View Profile
« Reply #513 on: April 23, 2018, 10:37:52 AM »
If Kane played for city he'd have scored 50 goals this season.