Gaelic Telecom

Started by cicfada, May 30, 2007, 03:19:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cicfada

I know this has been discussed here already but how good is this company to deal with??Their rate is pretty good but is there some kind of catch with their payment of clubs?Is there a required minimum amount of people to be signed up with any club before they start paying them??How is their service, broadband etc??I would appreciate any feedback!

neutral

at the moment Im refusing to pay until they pay my club.

balladmaker

I didn't sign up with them as I felt their sales technique left alot to be desired.  The fella who called me repeatedly tried to let on he was actually from my local club, and acted as if he knew me well.  Only when I pushed him about who he was, he admitted that he was actually from Gaelic Telecom and not directly related to the local club. 

magpie seanie

I'm with them and so far no problems. Our club gets two cheques a year from and that's consistent with the way they told me they'd be doing things. The club doesn't get a huge amount cos we only have about 12-15 signed up but it's money for nothing.

Service wise I've had no issues. The broadband is ok. Not as good as the office but plenty good for what I need at home. Phone calls package is sound for our needs too. I suppose like all companies if you had a problem they'd be a disaster. Is it me or if you have a problem does the person at the other end of the phone deliberately do an impression of a retarded Orangutan?

twotwocharlie

one word for them GANGSTERS.

ziggysego

I know they tried to get details off a club in Tyrone. The club wouldn't pass on the details, so they held a raffle in the parish with all the profits going to that club. They then got the names and addresses off all the members from the ticket studs. Cheeky sods!
Testing Accessibility

holylandsniper

Two points id make, 1st.  They where known to obtain club members details(names numbers addresses) without club and members permission
Also tried to promote that draw as ziggy said, with ALL money got through selling of tickets went into club and stubs of tickets into Gaelic Telecom then they give whatever prize it was, therefore given them details on all people who bought tickets and go on to cricify them selling their product
A dodgy company me thinks.

Smokin Joe

Our club is in their scheme, but their telesales call to me was the worst pitch I had ever heard.  The girl was totally unprepared and wasn't very knowledgable, so I get them the brush off.

magpie seanie

QuoteThey where known to obtain club members details(names numbers addresses) without club and members permission

How exactly would they do that? I've dealt with them on behalf of my own club and know how they work. I can guarantee someone from the club gave the details and then denied all knowledge. How else would the get the details?

We got in a bit of trouble in our club with disgruntled Eircom employees so we don't actively promote it (though we take the few bob that comes our way).

Fear ón Srath Bán

I'm with them too, these past 2 years, and no problems -- competitive rates and reliable service.  No issues with the club donations either.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Spiritof98

I work about 200 yards from their Call centre, their employee turn over is allegedly very high with people being dumped very quickly for lack of sales. A friend of mine worked their and left within 4 weeks, although they claim to be are hepling Gaelic games they wouldn't  let him leave at 7 on Tuesday and Thursday for training. Surely!!
I'll go back if Marsdens back

5 Sams

QuoteQuote
I know they tried to get details off a club in Tyrone. The club wouldn't pass on the details, so they held a raffle in the parish with all the profits going to that club

This bit is pure horse shite.

I'm afraid its not horse shite Brick. They tried the same in our club......they also used our club name and the local schools name in their sales pitch without permission.
The Aristocrat Years

magpie seanie

Quotewithout permission

The GAA, under Seán Kelly, went into partnership with this company so they do have permission to use the clubs name.

5 Sams

Seánie,
They have been phoning people saying that your local club/school are backing this iniatiative so we think you should as well....hardly very ethical when in fact neither the school nor the club were doing anything of the sort.
The Aristocrat Years

magpie seanie

OK - that's different and its shabby to say the least.