Health insurance

Started by grounded, November 05, 2020, 09:06:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grounded

Has anyone any recommendations on private health insurance in the north?
    Has anyone taken out health insurance and who are the best providers?
     Thinking of taking insurance out for the family but a little unsure. Any help advice appreciated

Rois

I have it through work with Aviva. It was invaluable as paid for an operation for me that I had to go to Scotland for. They have a GP service available over the phone too, and a specific non- referral physio scheme. Pretty good all in all.

Dar31

Hia.ie  is a website that compares all the different providers you can put in the level of cover you want amount of ppl etc and it will let you compare plans and prices

armaghniac

Quote from: Dar31 on November 05, 2020, 10:03:13 PM
Hia.ie  is a website that compares all the different providers you can put in the level of cover you want amount of ppl etc and it will let you compare plans and prices

Not much use in the North, unless things are changing quicker than we think.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Dar31

Im sure there must be an equivalent for the north might give you an idea of the type of plans

screenexile

Quote from: Rois on November 05, 2020, 09:59:30 PM
I have it through work with Aviva. It was invaluable as paid for an operation for me that I had to go to Scotland for. They have a GP service available over the phone too, and a specific non- referral physio scheme. Pretty good all in all.

I have the same and it's great I have cover for dental and optical as well which is great.

Had both knees done before I started my job so the 3rd knee op wasn't covered due to pre existing conditions but other than that it's a great service.

illdecide

I have it through work also but it's with WPA. It paid for my hip replacement there back in January. I've had Aviva and Bupa with previous companies and couldn't fault any of them TBH
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

grounded

Can i ask those that have it, are your families covered on the policy?

Milltown Row2

When you say work paid for your health plan, they paid a percentage or the lot?

Getting to that age where I might do it also..
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

I've had full healthcare through work for fifteen years. Very good benefit.

I've used bupa a good bit before and it's always been good. I had aviva briefly but never got round to using it.

illdecide

Dunno if that question was aimed at me but if it was...Yes my company pays 100% in full for my medical care then i have the option to include the family for a small fee which I believe is £12 a month extra from my salary. I also get free dental care, holiday insurance and x8 salary for life assurance.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: illdecide on November 06, 2020, 11:00:30 PM
Dunno if that question was aimed at me but if it was...Yes my company pays 100% in full for my medical care then i have the option to include the family for a small fee which I believe is £12 a month extra from my salary. I also get free dental care, holiday insurance and x8 salary for life assurance.

That's some perks, I think our southern colleagues get it.

The in-laws use Benenden health care. £12 a month

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

illdecide

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 06, 2020, 11:20:56 PM

That's some perks, I think our southern colleagues get it.

The in-laws use Benenden health care. £12 a month

Yeah not complaining TBH. There are other too like gadget insurance and accidental cover etc. Actually can't remember half of them. The pension is 4% me and 6% company which is decent. The salary could be better TBH but they're good to work for with decent perks so happy enough.

Rois

That's a great deal. I have dental cover with another provider. Death in service is only 4x. Of course we pay tax for the benefit in kind.

I just enquired about adding my new baby (Rois is a new lockdown mummy) and it would cost about £500 per year for child cover. I asked a paediatrician consultant whether it would be worth it, and she concluded that it probably wouldn't be, as if there was something that you went privately for for kids, the consultant would probably seek to get it through the NHS anyway, and there aren't that many private paeds docs in the north.

Milltown Row2