Joe Wicks 90 Day Plan

Started by Karl Kennedy, June 25, 2018, 11:05:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karl Kennedy

Anyone on here ever try the Joe Wicks 90 day plan or know of anyone who has tried it?
Was thinking of maybe giving it a go. Need to try do some fitness work again and improve the diet if possible.
Was wondering would it be decent programme to try.

LooseCannon

Quote from: Karl Kennedy on June 25, 2018, 11:05:06 PM
Anyone on here ever try the Joe Wicks 90 day plan or know of anyone who has tried it?
Was thinking of maybe giving it a go. Need to try do some fitness work again and improve the diet if possible.
Isn't he the vegetarian?
Nah, fcuk that.

Karl Kennedy

He does all the healthy living meals recipes and then the HITT workouts.
Was curious has anyone tried the programmes?
I've tried some of the recipes and they are pretty decent but haven't tried the HITT workouts.

Puckoon

HIIT is a great tool for folks looking to recondition and stay conditioned. Joe Wicks isn't doing anything different in regards to the HIIT that a brick and mortar training business isn't. However, I've followed him on social media for a few years and his program clearly works. As do any of the programs. The key is sticking to it.

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: LooseCannon on June 25, 2018, 11:40:47 PM
Quote from: Karl Kennedy on June 25, 2018, 11:05:06 PM
Isn't he the vegetarian?
Nah, fcuk that.

he's not at all

gallsman

He has plenty of free workouts on YouTube as well but agree that it's all just HIIT stuff.

laoislad

Eat less crap + exercise more = lose weight. It's not rocket science.
Also imo the key is to find something you enjoy doing.
HIIT if done properly isn't easy, not sure how anyone could really enjoy it so less chance of someone actually sticking to it imo.
I suppose some of the appeal is you don't have to spend as long doing it as compared to say running or cycling.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

HiMucker

Out of all the healthy meal plans I have seen or done over the years, his is by far the tastiest.  I would definitely recommend getting one of the recipe books.  It doesn't even feel like your cutting back on anything.

Don Johnson

As gallsman says he has plenty of free workouts on YouTube plus plenty of his recipes are online as well. Have a look first to see if you think it might suit you before spending £100 or whatever it is.

Milltown Row2

The concept of eating less crap and application of eating less crap is the problem, and anyone who thinks thats easy is full of crap, these are lifestyle changes which need to be done for the rest of your life... cutting out drink, crisps, chocolate, white bread, frys, fatty foods and anything else thats nice, is were you will see the changes...

What are you going to do after the 90 day plan? I've got weight off, I'm eating healthy and looking good.. after 90 days though most people fall completely off the wagon and actually end up putting on more weight! The companies like SW and the rest are making millions from yoyo dieters...

In saying that a fad diet might be the bit that takes off that initial 5lbs, which is great and shouls make you feel better and allow you to kick on with a more realistic diet of eating healthy fresh food.

Doing HIIT is a great way of kick starting a faster metabolism but you will never out train a bad diet once you get to a certain age.

Your genes play's a huge part also and how certain people burn calories and how fat is stored, everyone is different..So what works for someone else may not work for you

So for me set small goals, pick a few days a week were you go clean, even take the weekend off (not having a drink) look at what you can lose over a year rather than 90 days. Pick a goal, a 10K or a half marathon if running is your thing, or a triathlon, or a 100 miles on the bike, a couple of those spread over the year will force you into a regime of training!

Shocking your body into new training helps but you've got to keeping shocking it for the results!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

screenexile

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 27, 2018, 09:22:16 AM
The concept of eating less crap and application of eating less crap is the problem, and anyone who thinks thats easy is full of crap, these are lifestyle changes which need to be done for the rest of your life... cutting out drink, crisps, chocolate, white bread, frys, fatty foods and anything else thats nice, is were you will see the changes...

What are you going to do after the 90 day plan? I've got weight off, I'm eating healthy and looking good.. after 90 days though most people fall completely off the wagon and actually end up putting on more weight! The companies like SW and the rest are making millions from yoyo dieters...

In saying that a fad diet might be the bit that takes off that initial 5lbs, which is great and shouls make you feel better and allow you to kick on with a more realistic diet of eating healthy fresh food.

Doing HIIT is a great way of kick starting a faster metabolism but you will never out train a bad diet once you get to a certain age.

Your genes play's a huge part also and how certain people burn calories and how fat is stored, everyone is different..So what works for someone else may not work for you

So for me set small goals, pick a few days a week were you go clean, even take the weekend off (not having a drink) look at what you can lose over a year rather than 90 days. Pick a goal, a 10K or a half marathon if running is your thing, or a triathlon, or a 100 miles on the bike, a couple of those spread over the year will force you into a regime of training!

Shocking your body into new training helps but you've got to keeping shocking it for the results!

Nailed it!!

As laoislad said it's not rocket science you should see some of the halfwits online who are bodybuilders etc. Application is they key and finding a way of getting your diet right.

Personally I focus more on staying within certain limits. I've been as heavy as 15.5st and down to 13.5 but 14-14.5 is a healthy weight for me and if i start to get to 14.5 I'll watch what I eat for a month or so and see if I can get it down to 14 and then ease off the dieting.

trueblue1234

Agree with a lot of what you say but I'd be wary of the bit in bold. A big f**k up a lot of people make is being good all week and then enjoying themselves  too much at the weekend. And they wonder why they aren't loosing weight. For most the weekend is Friday evening to Sunday. That's 3 days out of 7 where some are dropping off the wagon. If your doing that you'll struggle to get results. I'd maybe allow yourself two cheat meals and try and stick to that. Some people I know were practically fasting M-F and then pigging out all weekend. Then complaining about how hard they worked during the week and that it wasn't working.
You need to get yourself a core set of healthy meals for dinner that you enjoy and are easy made. People's biggest failure, if you ask me, is not planning ahead. Very hard to come in from work and bang together a healthy meal if you haven't got the ingredients. And it's then that people fall back on the pre-pack/ unhealthy options.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Insane Bolt

Life's too short....enjoy it while you can😎

Milltown Row2

Quote from: trueblue1234 on June 27, 2018, 10:55:21 AM

Agree with a lot of what you say but I'd be wary of the bit in bold. A big f**k up a lot of people make is being good all week and then enjoying themselves  too much at the weekend. And they wonder why they aren't loosing weight. For most the weekend is Friday evening to Sunday. That's 3 days out of 7 where some are dropping off the wagon. If your doing that you'll struggle to get results. I'd maybe allow yourself two cheat meals and try and stick to that. Some people I know were practically fasting M-F and then pigging out all weekend. Then complaining about how hard they worked during the week and that it wasn't working.
You need to get yourself a core set of healthy meals for dinner that you enjoy and are easy made. People's biggest failure, if you ask me, is not planning ahead. Very hard to come in from work and bang together a healthy meal if you haven't got the ingredients. And it's then that people fall back on the pre-pack/ unhealthy options.

The bit in bold is actually take the weekend off i.e no drink, i had it in brackets beside it.

it is a sobbering experience  ;)  but something lovely about waking up with a clear head... since I've had a dog I've been up every weekend mornings and walking the dog up Cave Hill, Forrest parks, down at the beach by 8am or before 9am...

But yes your point stands and my wife would echo that
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea