The Gender Pay Gap

Started by screenexile, January 13, 2018, 04:05:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on January 13, 2018, 07:35:47 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on January 13, 2018, 05:39:14 PM
Quote from: Denn Forever on January 13, 2018, 04:50:28 PM
The gender gap in hollywood. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5260215/Mark-Wahlberg-paid-1-5M-Michelle-Williams-800.html

Mark Wahlberg 'refused to sign off on Christopher Plummer replacing Kevin Spacey in All the Money in the World until he was paid $1 million' for the reshoot. 

For tne actress it was.It is now being reported that Wahlberg was paid $1.5million for the 10-day shoot while Williams made just $80-a-day, according to Jessica Chastain
That would add up to $800 at the end of the 10-day shoot, which is 0.05 % the salary her co-star made for his work on the film

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5260215/Mark-Wahlberg-paid-1-5M-Michelle-Williams-800.html#ixzz545GnOV8F
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

You would be pissed off too.

Part of the problem is nobody knows who Michelle Williams is?

A list actor gets paid more than Z list actress shock horror.

Plenty of people know who she is - just because you don't  ::) ::) ::)

Never heard of her?

What was she in?

Gabriel_Hurl

You are on the internet - use it to your advantage

thebigfella

Quote from: stew on January 13, 2018, 05:55:33 PM
Quote from: Rois on January 13, 2018, 04:45:22 PM
I had a reply typed til I saw the reply. I fear this has descended into mayhem sooner than you anticipated screenexile...

My firm publishes pay gap info - it performs well. The issue isn't the gap for us, more so female representation at more senior levels, which is pretty shocking but representative of the corporate world at present (though changing).

I hope the wemen that are at the top levels are queer, trans etc and not a one of them is a white privilege hetro! ::)

I love that entitled white heterosexual males are now crying foul and saying it should be a meritocracy when for decades they benefited from affirmative action for entitled white heterosexual males.

foxcommander

Quote from: thebigfella on January 13, 2018, 08:20:05 PM
I had a reply typed til I saw the reply. I fear this has descended into mayhem sooner than you anticipated screenexile...

My firm publishes pay gap info - it performs well. The issue isn't the gap for us, more so female representation at more senior levels, which is pretty shocking but representative of the corporate world at present (though changing).

I hope the wemen that are at the top levels are queer, trans etc and not a one of them is a white privilege hetro! ::)

I love that entitled white heterosexual males are now crying foul and saying it should be a meritocracy when for decades they benefited from affirmative action for entitled white heterosexual males.

Are you on about this white privilege guilt bullshit? And you fall for it??

Guilt for what? What did you do that led to historical events

It's a ploy to fool the weak-minded. Wise up!

Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

thebigfella

Quote from: foxcommander on January 13, 2018, 08:29:12 PM
Quote from: thebigfella on January 13, 2018, 08:20:05 PM

Are you on about this white privilege guilt bullshit? And you fall for it??

Guilt for what? What did you do that led to historical events

It's a ploy to fool the weak-minded. Wise up!

What the fcuk you on about

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on January 13, 2018, 07:48:11 PM

Obviously nothing good so.

screenexile

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on January 13, 2018, 09:10:22 PM

Brokeback Mountain...Manchester by the Sea... Shutter Island... The Greatest Showman

Nominated for 4 Oscar's in her time but yeah she's a nobody!!

Gmac

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on January 13, 2018, 07:39:24 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on January 13, 2018, 07:35:47 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on January 13, 2018, 05:39:14 PM

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5260215/Mark-Wahlberg-paid-1-5M-Michelle-Williams-800.html

Mark Wahlberg 'refused to sign off on Christopher Plummer replacing Kevin Spacey in All the Money in the World until he was paid $1 million' for the reshoot. 

For tne actress it was.It is now being reported that Wahlberg was paid $1.5million for the 10-day shoot while Williams made just $80-a-day, according to Jessica Chastain
That would add up to $800 at the end of the 10-day shoot, which is 0.05 % the salary her co-star made for his work on the film

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5260215/Mark-Wahlberg-paid-1-5M-Michelle-Williams-800.html#ixzz545GnOV8F

Part of the problem is nobody knows who Michelle Williams is?

A list actor gets paid more than Z list actress shock horror.

Plenty of people know who she is - just because you don't  ::) ::) ::)

Never heard of her?

What was she in?
$80!a day ffs a guetamalan laborer wouldn't do a half day on a jobsite for that ,male or female

Denn Forever

Good lad mark.

http://www.thejournal.ie/mark-walhberg-gender-pay-3796830-Jan2018/

After huge gender pay gap revealed, Mark Wahlberg donates €1.5m reshoot salary to Time's Up

Michelle it's time to look for a better agent.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: screenexile on January 13, 2018, 09:47:55 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on January 13, 2018, 09:10:22 PM

Brokeback Mountain...Manchester by the Sea... Shutter Island... The Greatest Showman

Nominated for 4 Oscar's in her time but yeah she's a nobody!!

Films about gay cowboys wouldn't be my thing. It also sounds to me like she could do with getting a better agent.

Minder

First world problems as they say
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

theskull1

80 dollars a day sounds weird. How could any movie actress agree to that?
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Il Bomber Destro

Are female models better paid than male models?

stew

Quote from: theskull1 on January 14, 2018, 12:33:13 PM

I believe this was just for the reshoots with the new actor, she had a clause in her contract and yer man didnt.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: stew on January 14, 2018, 03:06:39 PM
Quote from: theskull1 on January 14, 2018, 12:33:13 PM

I believe this was just for the reshoots with the new actor, she had a clause in her contract and yer man didnt.

Isn't that her fault for signing it?