Derry Girls - Channel 4

Started by longballin, January 04, 2018, 10:11:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hereiam

Seen in an ad for derry events this year that St Patricks day in derry is being named as a spring festival. Who the fcuk came up with this.

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: T Fearon on January 25, 2018, 10:32:01 PM
I made a point of watching this dross from start to finish tonight.Pure utter shite never laughed once

For a man that hates it - you seem to post on this thread every night that it's on. Is the Mrs forcing you to watch or something?

Rois

I'm loving all the throwbacks - the Saturday Night Whigfield dance was class.

Newbridge Exile

Quote from: rrhf on January 25, 2018, 10:35:13 PM
Another good laugh tonight. Good show.
Thought it was the strongest episode yet,

longballin

I made a point of watching this dross from start to finish tonight.Pure utter shite never laughed once

Don't panic someone will die soon be a chance for you to have  a snide joke to cheer yourself up

SHEEDY

As the nun said at the start about the sectarianism and violence... 'all you need to know is that we're the goodies'. Funny and educational for our neighbours watching across the water. Gregory campbell and willie frazer will have steam coming out their ears at that one liner.
nil satis nisi optimum

T Fearon

Seriously? Not one laugh.Surprised good actors like Ian Mc Elhinney agree to appear in this dross,and what is the point of Tommy Tiernan?

Did the Priest at the start bear a slight resemblance to Martin Mc Guinness by the way?

square_ball

Highlight of the episode being the Mary Black song at the end credits.

Milltown Row2

You watch it every week ya balloon ! First on making a comment about it every week
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Newbridge Exile on January 25, 2018, 10:45:49 PM
Quote from: rrhf on January 25, 2018, 10:35:13 PM
Another good laugh tonight. Good show.
Thought it was the strongest episode yet,
Definitely. Was good stuff.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: T Fearon on January 25, 2018, 11:07:48 PM
Seriously? Not one laugh.Surprised good actors like Ian Mc Elhinney agree to appear in this dross,and what is the point of Tommy Tiernan?

Did the Priest at the start bear a slight resemblance to Martin Mc Guinness by the way?

Agree 100% with you apart from the fact I missed the start. As you say what is the point of Tommy Tiernan in the show?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

clarshack

Quote from: Farrandeelin on January 26, 2018, 07:40:58 AM
Quote from: T Fearon on January 25, 2018, 11:07:48 PM

Agree 100% with you apart from the fact I missed the start. As you say what is the point of Tommy Tiernan in the show?

totally agree about Tommy Tiernan. you could get anybody off the street to mutter the few words he has to say.

haranguerer

well if tommy tiernan wants to do it why not let him?

screenexile

Quote from: haranguerer on January 26, 2018, 09:31:46 AM
well if tommy tiernan wants to do it why not let him?

Actor takes part in acting role. . . the mind boggles!!

general_lee

Why wouldn't Tommy Tiernan be in it!? It's prime exposure for him.
It's starting to grow on me more and more. Growing up in that era there is a lot of nostalgia. Hate the English fella in it, his character doesn't really fit in with a bunch of working class majellas