Author Topic: The Stardust Fire  (Read 1996 times)

Syferus

• View Profile
Re: The Stardust Fire
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2017, 08:38:39 PM »
Yer a great buck for jumping to conclusions.
You have a rant about FF and connections and then ask me to answer your theory.
When I don't play your game you jump to another conclusion.

Itís disgusting to use something like the Stardust tragedy as a flimsy excuse to play party politics.

Rossfan

• Ballaghaderreen CO ROSCOMMON
    • View Profile
    • Roscommon County Board official website
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2017, 09:16:05 PM »

I've proven my own theory, free stater like to turn a blind eye to the murky dealings of the establishment parties they vote in. Who do you vote for?
Will you be coming round with a baseball bat if I choose not to respond to your interrogation? :P
2018- 2 Cupeens won, 2 to go.

Il Bomber Destro

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2017, 07:18:28 AM »

I've proven my own theory, free stater like to turn a blind eye to the murky dealings of the establishment parties they vote in. Who do you vote for?
Will you be coming round with a baseball bat if I choose not to respond to your interrogation? :P

I think your refusal to display transparency on who you vote for adds clarity to your defence/indifference of the establishment parties and their murky dealings.

I just find it odd that there are posters who here who are not outraged at these incidents, the outrage from the masses here can be very loud when republicans committed violent acts during their conflict with the British government.

I suppose you deserve credit for engaging directly, which is more than your fellow cowardly countyman can claim.

The Stardust families have been searching for answers and accountability for 36 years, the state has consistently obstructed their search for justice and the media/public have displayed indifference to it, just like they've done with Mary Boyle, Fr Niall Molloy, Grace, Dublin/Monaghan bombings etc etc.

Over the course of this thread, we've had posters look to avoid commenting on the case, saying the families should drop it, dismissing the claims out of hand, upholding the credibility of the department of justice (yes, really). I haven't seen any, bar Seafoid, speak with any degree of compassion or empathy with the victims of the Stardust fire and how the State have actively tried to obstruct justice.

We've recently seen how far the political establishment have gone with trying to discredit a Garda whistleblower - top brass Gardai, ministers for Justice, journalists, child welfare state bodies all compromised in a hideous smear campaign and you guys are still going around like a bunch of ostriches?

Tyrdub

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2017, 09:02:06 AM »
At the time of the Stardust I was living in Coolock at the time, I know some of the families who lost loved ones and who had to bring home people so changed by the fire, both physically and mentally,  that they may as well have been different people altogether. I know everyone is entitled to their opinion but it is a bit sickening to see "grown ups" on here trying to score political points on each other about an incident which is possibly one of the worst the Irish State will ever see, instead of actually debating the incident itself, the causes, the damage, the ramifications since then. I have seen first hand the scars some people were left with, maybe if the clowns on here saw them they might stop acting like children

macdanger2

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2018, 11:12:59 PM »
At the time of the Stardust I was living in Coolock at the time, I know some of the families who lost loved ones and who had to bring home people so changed by the fire, both physically and mentally,  that they may as well have been different people altogether. I know everyone is entitled to their opinion but it is a bit sickening to see "grown ups" on here trying to score political points on each other about an incident which is possibly one of the worst the Irish State will ever see, instead of actually debating the incident itself, the causes, the damage, the ramifications since then. I have seen first hand the scars some people were left with, maybe if the clowns on here saw them they might stop acting like children

Just finished watching the Charlie Bird documentary about it, apart from the obvious lives lost, the cost to those left behind was huge. It makes for tough watching

The original verdict of arson seems like it was a complete stitch up, designed to get compensation for the owners. It must really stick in the craw of the relatives that "Butterly business park" is now located there. At least that verdict has since been quashed and changed to unknown cause

tonto1888

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2018, 11:13:53 PM »

Itís disgusting to use something like the Stardust tragedy as a flimsy excuse to play party politics.

Interesting.

Syferus

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2018, 11:27:38 PM »

Interesting.

I'm afraid you've managed to find something that doesn't help your case at all.

Il Bomber Destro

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2018, 09:47:35 AM »

Interesting.

Hypocrite.

tonto1888

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2018, 05:53:25 PM »

Interesting.

I don't have a case but I find it interesting what you think can and cannot be used for political point scoring