Month of the Club

Started by REDCOL, December 04, 2017, 05:44:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

REDCOL

Mayo have stated that the county team are going away in April, for a training camp. Does this signify the end of the month of the club! Will other counties follow suit? Should clubs just realise that their players are now no longer available to them? I have strong views on this but most Mayo supporters that I speak to seem to be of the opinion that clubs dont matter.

Syferus

The club month shìte was always nonsense. If you think teams playing championship in early and mid-May aren't going to be going full pelt in April you're living in fantasy land.

Rossfan

The CPA wanted this free April.
Better to have a more leisurely NFL with alternate weekends for Club and County.
Then intensive Inter County Championships schedules with AIFs  end July/1st weekend Aug.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

From the Bunker

Quote from: REDCOL on December 04, 2017, 05:44:36 PM
Mayo have stated that the county team are going away in April, for a training camp. Does this signify the end of the month of the club! Will other counties follow suit? Should clubs just realise that their players are now no longer available to them? I have strong views on this but most Mayo supporters that I speak to seem to be of the opinion that clubs dont matter.

There is talk of talking a Home league game away from Mayo for such a misdemeanour. That would be doing Mayo a favour as they are shocking at home in the League!

Captain Obvious

If Mr Duffy wanted all of April for club football only then he should have enforced that rule instead he left individual county boards to decide...

Blowitupref

Kerry are looking to delay their club championship next year until September. Their championship opener is penciled in for June 2 at home to either Clare or Limerick surely they are one county that could have April free for club football?
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Ball Hopper

Quote from: Blowitupref on December 04, 2017, 07:54:45 PM
Kerry are looking to delay their club championship next year until September. Their championship opener is penciled in for June 2 at home to either Clare or Limerick surely they are one county that could have April free for club football?

Kerry plan to have the senior club, intermediate and junior championships in April - at least two rounds anyway.

Farrandeelin

Redcol, are these supporters those that go to Mayo matches only and don't contribute in any way to the running of their local club? I know I drifted away for a few years but was back involved a bit this year. Hope next year to be more involved as I hope to be able to drive. I think it's a farce the way the Mayo leagues are in discussions to be restructured. I mean how anyone could come out and state that 11 league games are too much is beyond belief. I know there are other lesser ranking competitions in the county. Anyway, will the club scene be parked in certain counties or will it be full steam ahead minus county players nationwide?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Syferus

The problem here is club interests don't even align with club players' interests. The system is fúcked from the bottom up.

magpie seanie

The April month of the club struck me as a bad idea immediately and one that will be abused unless rules are strictly enforced. Previously, the existing rules have been flouted....I've no confidence in things changing.

twohands!!!

Quote from: From the Bunker on December 04, 2017, 07:30:53 PM

There is talk of talking a Home league game away from Mayo for such a misdemeanour. That would be doing Mayo a favour as they are shocking at home in the League!

The loss of a home gate in the league would be worth a pretty penny in terms of Mayo's finances (especially given the crowds Mayo get at home).

Farrandeelin

8 starred league games out of 11 in Mayo this year. Two in April out of a period of five weeks. There'll be one round of championship in April too. Will the amount of starred games be lower if Mayo exit in June?

magpie seanie

Does starred mean "no county players"?

Farrandeelin

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 26, 2018, 10:33:32 AM

Yes. Which means eight clubs, if they have county players will just see their county players 6 times. (pending Mayos involvement in the AI series.

Edit the round of championship in April WILL have co players in case I have you all confused.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Farrandeelin on January 26, 2018, 10:38:10 AM
Quote from: magpie seanie on January 26, 2018, 10:33:32 AM

Yes. Which means eight clubs, if they have county players will just see their county players 6 times. (pending Mayos involvement in the AI series.

Edit the round of championship in April WILL have co players in case I have you all confused.

How many seasons have you ran with the starred games? We did it for a couple of seasons (maybe even one) and it was scrapped, clubs couldnt get their heads around it mostly
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea