Who will lead Fianna Fail in Opposition to the Fine Gael-Labour Coalition Govt?

Started by Fishead_Sam, May 11, 2007, 05:19:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who will lead Fianna Fail in Opposition to the Fine Gael-Labour Coalition Govt?

Cowen, Brian
14 (48.3%)
Ahern, Dermot
5 (17.2%)
Cullen, Martin
0 (0%)
Martin, Micheál
1 (3.4%)
Ó Cuív, Éamon
0 (0%)
O'Dea, Willie
0 (0%)
O'Donoghue, John
0 (0%)
Roche, Dick
1 (3.4%)
Haughey, Seán
0 (0%)
Kitt, Tom
0 (0%)
Lenihan, Brian
0 (0%)
Wallace, Mary
0 (0%)
Other
0 (0%)
Beverly Flynn on rejoining party
2 (6.9%)
Bertie Ahern
6 (20.7%)

Total Members Voted: 28

lynchbhoy

Quote from: The True Rebel on May 11, 2007, 08:59:01 PM
Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on May 11, 2007, 08:45:38 PM
Quote from: deiseach on May 11, 2007, 08:40:55 PM
And swap them for the Shinners? Plus ça change . . .
Jezuz Deiseach, as much as you MAY hate the Shinners, you seriously cannot compare them to the PD'S!!!  ???
I would Crush them both.
As much as I despise the PDs I never heard of them killing anyone.
::) oh for fux sake what drivel

so you say that SF are killers then ?

I'd say mary lou is a handy exponent of a bowie knife and an AKA 47 alright !

jeez even oul paisley doesnt trot out the sf/ira cr*p any more.

I can see that some of you have 'issues' with change and some of those sf folks taking seats in your locality.

I certainly do not like some of the SF candidates and even less for some of the sf supporters (south of the border)
but
as all parties have an element within their ranks of embezlement and corruption/brown envelopes etc - I dont think there could be too many stones cast by any parties...

grow up

DUBSFORSAM1

Lynchboy

The difference is that other parties aren't going around desperately trying to get killers released from prison...other parties don't have their election workers driving around the country with fake guarda uniforms etc....you don't have other parties members being implicated in murdering innocent people or spying on people (O'Snodaighs mates) etc....

lynchbhoy

Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on May 15, 2007, 02:16:37 PM
Lynchboy
The difference is that other parties aren't going around desperately trying to get killers released from prison...other parties don't have their election workers driving around the country with fake guarda uniforms etc....you don't have other parties members being implicated in murdering innocent people or spying on people (O'Snodaighs mates) etc....

I think the mass hysteria has influenced too many people -yourself included.

I certainly do not agree with that gang that killed mc cabe. IMO for a multitude of reasons they should get life. There was the agreement as part of the GFA or whatever (the usual behind the scenes agreements thrashed out) that all prisoners get released and the proviso included those south of the border - ie the mccabe killers.

BUT
the sf party certainly did not
'go around desperately trying to get killers released from prison'
a few certainly championed their cause and as it was agreed between FF, brit gov and sf that this would happen, obv some people HAD to speak out (or lose complete face).
I notice you are not including ahearn in this group- as he was as bad as adams initially about releasing them

Republicans that I know are happy enough that these guys are not released. SO to say sf and even republicans were 'desperately' trying is over doing it and hyping it up to the extreme.

as for part two of what you say
I would say that in the main most of these parties now do not do such things as
' have their election workers driving around the country with fake guarda uniforms etc....you don't have other parties members being implicated in murdering innocent people or spying on people (O'Snodaighs mates) etc....'
but this isnt par for the course either - plus only a few decades ago - YES they mostly all did (collins , devalera etc)
so to be pedantic these parties were all guilty of this type of thing.
If it is time that has passed that allows this to be forgotten of FG / FF etc - then surely time has passed for the GFA /ceasefire/decommissioning etc
but you will make up your own mind/justifications/excuses as we all will and do.

Anyhow- corruption , spying , criminality is all part of the same thing - illegal. And FG/FF have been caught in the act in recent years/decade of such offenses.
They are all the same. North of the border you might have some differentiation. Not down here.
IMO