Who will lead Fianna Fail in Opposition to the Fine Gael-Labour Coalition Govt?

Started by Fishead_Sam, May 11, 2007, 05:19:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who will lead Fianna Fail in Opposition to the Fine Gael-Labour Coalition Govt?

Cowen, Brian
14 (48.3%)
Ahern, Dermot
5 (17.2%)
Cullen, Martin
0 (0%)
Martin, Micheál
1 (3.4%)
Ó Cuív, Éamon
0 (0%)
O'Dea, Willie
0 (0%)
O'Donoghue, John
0 (0%)
Roche, Dick
1 (3.4%)
Haughey, Seán
0 (0%)
Kitt, Tom
0 (0%)
Lenihan, Brian
0 (0%)
Wallace, Mary
0 (0%)
Other
0 (0%)
Beverly Flynn on rejoining party
2 (6.9%)
Bertie Ahern
6 (20.7%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Fishead_Sam

Just wondering which Fianna Fail member will lead Fianna Fail on the Opposition benchs after the 2007 General Election against the Fine Gael-Labour Coalition Government?

Pangurban

Fishead_Sam

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

FHS I think that yourself and a few more posters on this board will be surprised when the results come in, FF to hold steady maybe lose a seat or two, SF to get 12+ seats and an SF FF + Independants Government in for June!  ;)
Tbc....

Fishead_Sam

deiseach

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on May 11, 2007, 08:26:40 PM
FHS I think that yourself and a few more posters on this board will be surprised when the results come in, FF to hold steady maybe lose a seat or two, SF to get 12+ seats and an SF FF + Independants Government in for June!  ;)

If FF lose "a seat or two", they could probably form a minority government with the rump of what's left of the PD's.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

I do believe that the Irish electorate will rid themselves of the blight that is the PD's - hopefully!  >:(

FHS have you never hear of the saying - There's no gain without pain!  ;)
Tbc....

deiseach

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: deiseach on May 11, 2007, 08:40:55 PM
And swap them for the Shinners? Plus ça change . . .

Jezuz Deiseach, as much as you MAY hate the Shinners, you seriously cannot compare them to the PD'S!!!  ???
Tbc....

The True Rebel

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on May 11, 2007, 08:45:38 PM

Jezuz Deiseach, as much as you MAY hate the Shinners, you seriously cannot compare them to the PD'S!!!  ???

I would Crush them both.

As much as I despise the PDs I never heard of them killing anyone.

DUBSFORSAM1

Well at least McDowell has never supported murderers especially of the Guardai.....no matter how bad he has sunk....

The True Rebel

Its a total disgrace Gerry McCabes murders are about to walk free and those murders masters SeinFein/IRA are in Government in the North and now they threathen our Republic.

deiseach

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on May 11, 2007, 08:45:38 PM

I think of them in terms of the politics of the Federal Republic of Germany:

Progressive Democrats = Free Democrats
Sinn Fein = Baader-Meinhoff Gang

Onlooker

:) :) :)I still do'nt think that we are going to have a Fine Gael /Labour Coalition.   So Fishead's question does not arise.

Louth Exile

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on May 11, 2007, 08:26:40 PM

:D :D :D :D :D You're Dreaming....
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com