Silent Justice/ Internet Interceptors

Started by tyrone girl, August 10, 2017, 11:47:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonto1888

Quote from: clarshack on January 19, 2018, 11:01:51 AM
Quote from: tonto1888 on January 19, 2018, 10:37:15 AM
Quote from: clarshack on January 19, 2018, 10:30:37 AM
watched the sting on the guy from Lurgan last nite. yes he's a complete sc**bag for what he was up to, but all those people online that then attacked him for how he looked - well they are scumbags too imo. are these stings just for their viewer's entertainment? i'd feel sorry for his family having to watch all that and then to read all the comments. these groups should just hand over whatever evidence there is to the Police and move on to the next guy.

there was one on a guy from Lurgan?

yeah it happened about 11pm last nite. he was going to meet up with a 14 year old boy (decoy) whom he had messaged via grindr.

Wow. Not good

johnneycool

watched the sting on the guy from Lurgan last nite. yes he's a complete sc**bag for what he was up to, but all those people online that then attacked him for how he looked - well they are scumbags too imo. are these stings just for their viewer's entertainment? i'd feel sorry for his family having to watch all that and then to read all the comments. these groups should just hand over whatever evidence there is to the Police and move on to the next guy.

yeah it happened about 11pm last nite. he was going to meet up with a 14 year old boy (decoy) whom he had messaged via grindr.

Are 14 year olds allowed on Grindr?

clarshack

Quote from: johnneycool on January 19, 2018, 11:06:17 AM

no, apparently you have to be 18. also are 14 year old boys really out on the streets at 11pm on a thursday nite in january for this guy to believe he was meeting one?

theskull1

pretty sure 14 year olds aren't allowed on many of the every (fecking hour of the ) day social media apps  >:(
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

johnneycool

Quote from: clarshack on January 19, 2018, 11:14:15 AM
Quote from: johnneycool on January 19, 2018, 11:06:17 AM

no, apparently you have to be 18. also are 14 year old boys really out on the streets at 11pm on a thursday nite in january for this guy to believe he was meeting one?

So, has this lad a defence already that he assumed the other lad was 18 otherwise he shouldn't be on Grindr. I'd also have to assume the sting lads made it obvious on Grindr that the decoy was 14 for them to set up.

Hard to see how a conviction can result from this one.

screenexile

Quote from: Over the Bar on January 16, 2018, 03:58:34 PM
The complete wretch-Millie who filmed the lad in Carrickfergus shouted at his dad who tried to push her camera away "Get your hands away from me or I'll knock your f**k in!!!"    If there's any justice in this the police should charge her with threatening behaviour!

They're great people doing good work though  ::)

longballin

what happens if a case goes to a jury... must be a defence of prejudice if he's more more or less already been convicted by Facebook masses... Fair trial?  just wondering?

The Gs Man

The guy who was caught from Lurgan last night, he was in my sisters year in school.  Haven't seen him in years, but he would have been made fun of etc growing up as he wasn't the brightest.

Absolutely not excusing what he was trying to do, but this facebook live stuff is getting out of hand.  There's a family there too that are going to face the repercussions of this.

As people have said, they should just gather the evidence and hand it to the cops rather than fishing for likes on Facebook.. 

Keep 'er lit

belfastkev

Any decent solicitor would rip these guys apart in court. Basic defences are:

1) Defendant knew the person was over the age 16 based on the way they were talking, turns of phrase, idioms etc that only a mature adult would use.

2) Defendant did not instigate sexual conversation. If the "investigator" mentions sex first then it's a clear case of entrapment.

3) There is no actus reus.

4) Defendant argues that the mens rea was a simple fantasy and not predatory.

5) The defendant had diminished responsibility due to mental health issues etc.

These vigilante groups do more harm than good as, for want of a better phrase, "mud sticks". They conduct a trial by social media where the bar is set at "that guy looks like a pervert so he is" rather than "beyond all reasonable doubt. Personally, I'd leave it to the cops (however useless they can be) and if these vigilantes MUST get involved then do it out of the gaze of the public eye and simply hand over any potential evidence to the police.

The Gs Man

The flatmate of that guy from Lurgan is now being threatened.  People saying he must have known and that he's complicit in it etc.

Keep 'er lit

belfastkev

Quote from: The Gs Man on January 19, 2018, 02:05:44 PM
The flatmate of that guy from Lurgan is now being threatened.  People saying he must have known and that he's complicit in it etc.

*facepalm*

screenexile

Quote from: belfastkev on January 19, 2018, 02:39:58 PM
Quote from: The Gs Man on January 19, 2018, 02:05:44 PM

*facepalm*

They provide a great service though  . . .  ::) ::)

T Fearon

And if predator hunters didn't exist and the same guy was charged by the Police and his name made public,would his flat mate and family not also have been exposed to the same risks?

These nonces are grooming what they fully believe to be real children and are actually turning up to meetings they arrange themselves.If you are intent upon committing a bank robbery but are apprehended beforehand it does not make you any less guilty.

Once again a great job done exposing a dangerous nonce to the local community,who can now take steps to protect the children from him.That is the real achievement of predator hunters,the people now know paedophiles and what they are,regardless of the joke incompetent Police force and flawed legal system failing to convict on some bullshit technicality when it is obvious he's as guilty as hell.

tonto1888

I don't think anybody has a problem with what they do. It's how they do it. Read their Facebook page and it's obvious they want likes for what they do. PSNI craigavon put up an interesting post in the lad lifted in Lurgan. Worth a read. Thought I might have seen you in the comments Tony??

T Fearon

Quote from: tonto1888 on January 20, 2018, 07:51:17 AM
I don't think anybody has a problem with what they do. It's how they do it.

What's Bananarama got to do with it?