KFC

Started by ziggysego, May 07, 2007, 02:48:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

ExiledGael

OK Ziggy what the hell is that all about?? :-\

stew

KFC have been using 'deformed and sickly chickens' as in chickens that are deformed and have serious malady's. I have not eaten there since I was sent a link by a mate. I deleted it though but it has put me off going there.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

pintsofguinness

KFC is rotten.  There is no where on the planet like Friar Tucks.

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Syd The Sailor

KFC is the only fast food joint i refuse to eat out of when on shore leave ;) It is pure shite.
"I coulda been a contender.....i could've been somebody"

Galwaybhoy

Quote from: stew on May 07, 2007, 06:43:00 PM
KFC have been using 'deformed and sickly chickens' as in chickens that are deformed and have serious malady's. I have not eaten there since I was sent a link by a mate. I deleted it though but it has put me off going there.

I'm not sure if its the same link that I got, but an email has been doing the rounds for years saying something like that and backing it up with research from some university.  It turns out to be pure shite and untrue.  If you actually think about it, such a thing would not be allowed to happen and if it was true would have been reported in many different parts of the media.  I wouldnt believe a word of it.

stew

Quote from: Galwaybhoy on May 07, 2007, 07:24:38 PM
Quote from: stew on May 07, 2007, 06:43:00 PM

I'm not sure if its the same link that I got, but an email has been doing the rounds for years saying something like that and backing it up with research from some university.  It turns out to be pure shite and untrue.  If you actually think about it, such a thing would not be allowed to happen and if it was true would have been reported in many different parts of the media.  I wouldnt believe a word of it.

Either way, KFC was finger lickin good when i did eat it, now I go to Subway and eat healthy, it is great stuff altogether. I never was into KFC much, maybe once every few months but I wont be going back after the report I read.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

lynchbhoy

one of the in law's works installing equipment in chicken farms etc
he says that he have been told and seen the chickens that are used for the KFC's and supermerket 'chicken breast' packs etc
these are usually the chickens that are malnourished, malformed and usually who cannot walk (legs are fecked - mostly as its a huge crush on in the cages)

while this cannot be good for the chickens, I dont think it affects the taste.

its not right though ....

his holiness nb

I know I may sound like a culchie here, but you cant beat a good supermacs!
Ask me holy bollix

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: his holiness nb on May 08, 2007, 09:44:59 AM

Totally agree nb, sadly Supermacs haven't arrived in Belfast yet, still waiting with bated breath though!
Tbc....

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on May 08, 2007, 10:22:59 AM
Quote from: his holiness nb on May 08, 2007, 09:44:59 AM

Totally agree nb, sadly Supermacs haven't arrived in Belfast yet, still waiting with bated breath though!

dunno about supermacs
my missus loves it , but I think its very hit and miss

I suppose inversely proportional to the amount of drink you have taken

(GD - how shite was that perf from both sides on sat.....schoolboy league/innishowen div 5 league standard at best)

rosnarun

Quotebacking it up with research from some university
I didnt realize it was that official
how anyone could eat at KFC when they could have the breast fed chicken easily availible from any Chinese take away or super macs  baffles me.  
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

full back

Quote from: rosnarun on May 08, 2007, 10:30:47 AM
Quotebacking it up with research from some university
I didnt realize it was that official
how anyone could eat at KFC when they could have the breast fed chicken easily availible from any Chinese take away or super macs  baffles me.  

Is it fed on the t1t?

lynchbhoy

Quote from: rosnarun on May 08, 2007, 10:30:47 AM
the breast fed chicken easily availible from any Chinese take away  

you have confused me (easily done mind)
breast fed chicken ?
Breast of chiocken thats corn fed or something ?

bear in mind that chinese restaurants are not the bastion of clenliness or have a reputation of being purveyors of the best quality food going...
ask anyone who haas heard of multiple chinese restaurants being closed down by health inspectors
(they are not all bad, but I have heard about some amount of closures over the years)

as for supermacs...I'd not expect them to be much better...
I'd like to be wrong though..

ziggysego

I think Supermac is great too. Yes, they are moving North. Can't wait!
Testing Accessibility