Allianz league tv coverage eir sport & tg4(how to view eir sport)

Started by cornetto, January 25, 2017, 08:41:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

This service for streaming live tv feeds is excellent  https://www.firstonetv.eu/Live
Both Eir sports 1 and Premier are available and is a good standby for  the geo-blocked Irish channels.

Ball Hopper

Quote from: Main Street on February 06, 2017, 09:13:16 PM
This service for streaming live tv feeds is excellent  https://www.firstonetv.eu/Live
Both Eir sports 1 and Premier are available and is a good standby for  the geo-blocked Irish channels.

Impressive list there...is it all above board?

Main Street

Quote from: Ball Hopper on February 07, 2017, 01:12:49 AM

It is not illegal.
RTE and other stations might not like it if you are a non swimming drunken irish expat, lying low 3,000 miles from Carrickfergus with internet access to their live programs, but it is most definitely not an illegal action. RTE might take measures to prevent the possibility of gaining such access to their live programs, but the onus is on them to secure their service.

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: Main Street on February 07, 2017, 02:15:14 AM

It is not illegal.
RTE and other stations might not like it if you are a non swimming drunken irish expat, lying low 3,000 miles from Carrickfergus with internet access to their live programs, but it is most definitely not an illegal action. RTE might take measures to prevent the possibility of gaining such access to their live programs, but the onus is on them to secure their service.

A very informative response Main..  ;)

Ball Hopper

It is not illegal.

Excellent response...you have me well described.

armaghniac

It is not illegal.

Of course it is illegal, it is a bit like saying that if I don't lock my car that it is OK for you to take it as the onus is on me to secure it. Or in this case it is OK if someone else takes it and you get it from them.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Main Street

Quote from: armaghniac on February 07, 2017, 03:37:43 PM

It is not illegal.

Of course it is illegal, it is a bit like saying that if I don't lock my car that it is OK for you to take it as the onus is on me to secure it. Or in this case it is OK if someone else takes it and you get it from them.
A bit like what??   Your comparison is a bit like mumbo jumbo. You certainly wouldn't make it near Joe Brolly's dream team ;D
Explain exactly how it is illegal for a Canuck to use that linked website to view a live RTE transmission?
And how would it work to find and prosecute that Canuck?

FYI, there was once an attempt in the USA in 2008 to prosecute a US resident  for watching a US tv episode on
You Tube, based on the fact that a temporary copy was made on the YT site to facilitate viewing.
It was not successful.
There is no definite legal response to the question of legality, even when it all happens within a jurisdiction.
The illegality involved, is that a violation of copyright has been committed, a misdemeanor. The transgressor would be the stream provider
The viewer in the same jurisdiction is not regarded as a transgressor and then when the viewer lives in another jurisdiction? what then?
When copyrighted content is posted onto YT.  it is just removed by YT after a complaint has been made.

Croí na hÉireann

It is not illegal.

Ha. If you don't lock your car and leave your keys in it demisting your windscreen in the morning and someone comes along and takes it good luck trying to get the insurance company to pay out. Same thing if you leave your front door ajar and your car keys are there on the table in the hall. There is a certain onus on you to look after your stuff.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Main Street

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on February 07, 2017, 05:15:07 PM

It is not illegal.

Ha. If you don't lock your car and leave your keys in it demisting your windscreen in the morning and someone comes along and takes it good luck trying to get the insurance company to pay out. Same thing if you leave your front door ajar and your car keys are there on the table in the hall. There is a certain onus on you to look after your stuff.
I must get a set of those demisting keys ;D

Ball Hopper

Quote from: Main Street on February 07, 2017, 04:47:02 PM

It is not illegal.

A bit like what??   Your comparison is a bit like mumbo jumbo. You certainly wouldn't make it near Joe Brolly's dream team ;D
Explain exactly how it is illegal for a Canuck to use that linked website to view a live RTE transmission?

FYI, there was once an attempt in the USA in 2008 to prosecute a US resident  for watching a US tv episode on
You Tube, based on the fact that a temporary copy was made on the YT site to facilitate viewing.
It was not successful.
There is no definite legal response to the question of legality, even when it all happens within a jurisdiction.
The illegality involved, is that a violation of copyright has been committed, a misdemeanor. The transgressor would be the stream provider
The viewer in the same jurisdiction is not regarded as a transgressor and then when the viewer lives in another jurisdiction? what then?
When copyrighted content is posted onto YT.  it is just removed by YT after a complaint has been made.

Is it only a matter of time before channels will be available worldwide for a fee?  Have RTE Player make all RTE programmes available to international audiences on demand? And likewise for BBC, ITV, RAI from Italy...and Sky with its many channels.   Get a daily/monthly/annual subscription.  A bit like GAAGO I suppose...is that the cutting edge?

Or where will it all end?

Main Street

Quote from: Ball Hopper on February 07, 2017, 05:58:50 PM
Quote from: Main Street on February 07, 2017, 04:47:02 PM

It is not illegal.

It was not successful.

Is it only a matter of time before channels will be available worldwide for a fee?  Have RTE Player make all RTE programmes available to international audiences on demand? And likewise for BBC, ITV, RAI from Italy...and Sky with its many channels.   Get a daily/monthly/annual subscription.  A bit like GAAGO I suppose...is that the cutting edge?

Or where will it all end?
Atm copyright is the big complicated issue.
Some rte programs are openly available on rte player but will always be stripped of the adverts due to strict commercial restrictions. Fair City for example is openly available for viewing (for the bleedin' deranged).

Smart DNS proxy allows direct online access to the iPlayers of UK based stations and the quality is excellent.
By some fluke unique achievement in efficiency,  Irish tv stations have finally managed to hide their iPlayers behind layers of protection.

leesider

None of the Eirsport channels are on Mobdro anymore (for me anyway). I have it installed on an Android phone. I want to watch Cork v Clare next Saturday but it is on Eirsport 2. I have found streams online for  Eirsport 1 but not Eirsport 2.
Edit: I tried Premier Sports (one of the sports channels on Mobdro) just now and it was showing Eir Sport 2. Hope it is doing the same next Saturday night.

mayo.mick

Quote from: leesider on February 08, 2017, 04:37:44 PM
None of the Eirsport channels are on Mobdro anymore (for me anyway). I have it installed on an Android phone. I want to watch Cork v Clare next Saturday but it is on Eirsport 2. I have found streams online for  Eirsport 1 but not Eirsport 2.
Edit: I tried Premier Sports (one of the sports channels on Mobdro) just now and it was showing Eir Sport 2. Hope it is doing the same next Saturday night.

Eir sport 2hd match's are on premier sports too as far as I know.
mayo for sam-don't ask me what year! :-)
https://michaelmaye.com/mayo-gaa-photos/
@mayo_mick

leesider

Quote from: mayo.mick on February 08, 2017, 07:18:14 PM
Quote from: leesider on February 08, 2017, 04:37:44 PM

Eir sport 2hd match's are on premier sports too as far as I know.

Yeah its seems that way. Says here that Cork v Clare is on Eir Sport 2. Dublin v Tipp and Dublin v Tyrone is on Eir Sport 1.

tropicana

I'm out of the country this weekend and was wondering what would be the best way to watch the Club Semis on TG4.

I know theres an official app but I dont think it offers live coverage internationally. Is TG4 available through KODI or any other platform?