Best Concert ever

Started by heganboy, September 14, 2016, 06:42:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boycey

AC/DC supported by Y&T at the RDS Simmonscourt Oct 1982, have been lucky enough to see them several times since but that night has never been beaten.

tbrick18

Hits: Skunk Anansie in Queen's SU must have been 96-97. SLF in the Empire in Belfast around the same sort of time.
Miss: Oasis '96 in Cork....Prodigy supported them and were unreal, whole crowd pumped...then up steps Oasis with Wonderwall and it just seemed boring. Stereophonic in the oddessey arena Belfast. Bored to tears. U2 in slane....just because you couldnt listen to Bono ranting.

I'd love to see Seasick Steve, AC/DC

5 Sams

Ive seen U2 maybe 10 times and it was always spectacular....two weekends in a row in Slane stand out...shortly after Bono's father died...2001??

Went to see Queen in the RDS in the early 80s and it was so good people thought it was tapes and Freddie was miming.

I've seen The 4 of Us on various occasions just like Heganboy and while they are not in the same league as the above...jaysus they put on some show....

But...thee best ever

Fill Your boots... the Boss...Slane 1985

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nly_JYMs7Q

The Aristocrat Years

Mayoffs

Slane 2003

Queens of the Stone Age
Foo Fighters
Red Hot Chilli Peppers

Nearly 100,000 people,  25 deg weather, will live long in the memory

we're on the verge of insanity (the verge just got narrower)

seafoid

Ivo Papasov and his Bulgarian Wedding band in Whelans 93
Iarla O Lionaird in Dublin and London
Martin Hayes in the NCH and during a City lunchtime when he even had English people yelping
Will Oldham  in Whelans 94
Fluke somewhere in Dublin in 96
Arab Strap in London 98
U2 in Wemberlee 98
Flora Purim and Airto Moreira in Ronnie Scotts 02 and 03
The Dirty Three and Arvo Part in the Royal Festival Hall 99

With kids I would be more familiar with Peppa Pig these days 
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

mikehunt

Quote from: johnneycool on September 14, 2016, 10:30:44 AM
A sunny Slane  in 1992;

Did RHCP play that one? I remember Faith no More were great. GnR left us waiting.  Wasn't there some Irish band called My Little Funhouse playing too?

Headlined by Guns and Roses in their pomp, supported by the Red Hot Chilli Peppers and Faith No More!

Didn't get any better back in the day

naka

Undertones
Killeavy
1981 ;) first bottle of old English cider

Tenpole Tudor Dundalk Adelphi
First strongbow mix with charger lager 1983 I think

5 Sams

Quote from: naka on September 17, 2016, 08:51:14 PM
Undertones
Killeavy
1981 ;) first bottle of old English cider

Tenpole Tudor Dundalk Adelphi
First strongbow mix with charger lager 1983 I think

I was there too!! Me and Mickey Kearney curted two yokes from Whitecross at the end of the night and then walked it home to Ballyholland.
The Aristocrat Years

naka

Must mention it to Mickey 😗

5 Sams

The Aristocrat Years

muppet

Saw some amazing stuff when I was too young to have a clue WTF I was watching. Occasion at the Castle, for those that know what that was.

I love U2 (and all top Irish artists), Springsteen and Radiohead and have seen many concerts from all of them.

But the O2 (3Arena) and Bowie and FleetwoodMac were as good as anything I've seen.
MWWSI 2017

The Subbie

In addition to what I have already mentioned Gary Moore at the Monaghan Blues Festival , 2000. A supreme axe merchant.

Seen Van Morrison at the same festival in 1998 and if I never seen the grumpy **** again it would be too soon, apparently he got £30,000 to play that night.

screenexile

Best concert I was ever at was Slane 2003

Feeder
PJ Harvey
QOTSA
Foo Fighters
RHCP

It was phenomenal.

Special mention to Oxegen 2005

Bravery
Bloc Party
Doves
Prodigy
QOTSA
Frames
Foo Fighters
Green Day
Killers
Snoop Dogg

It was my first festival and it was class!!!

Miss: Oasis at the Odyssey Halloween 2008 they were terrible so boring and no craic it was a huge let down
Glastonbury 2011 the weather was horrible and I ended up watching Beyonce over QOTSA and it was just really really tough going, Wednesday morning to Monday morning is a long time to be drinking, camping and watching bands!

blewuporstuffed

That Slane Concert was 2003
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

screenexile