Sunderland promoted

Started by muppet, April 29, 2007, 03:58:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Derby lost 2 - 0 to Crystal Palace goals by Clinton Morrison and Mark Kennedy ( I'd say Derby supporters are sick of the Irish this season.

This was Sunderland's winner yesterday and some goal it was too:

Sunderland goal
MWWSI 2017

The Real Laoislad

I don't like Roy Keane but in fairness that is some achievment to take them from rock bottom to being promoted fair play to Sunderland
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

Square Ball

great goal and Keano was, well very calm about it and Quinn was over the moon, great cant wait to see him back at Old Trafford
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Redgreenery

Congrats to Sunderland and indeed Birmingham for been promoted and a compliment to Roy Keane on the brilliant job he done with them.
Hard luck to Derby.

J70

Fair play to both Quinn and Keane. No one could have predicted this last autumn. Quite an achievement for a rookie manager and the people who put their faith and their money in his obviously considerable ability.

stew

ot it done, the premiership will be all the better for having Sunderland in it and Keane is amazing, they head hunted him for this job and Keane delivered in no time.

Whatr odds him taking over from ferguson in 2029 when he retires?????

he is still a ballix!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

J70

Look at the way they climbed the table over the season...

magickingdom

i always like to see ex celtic players do well, so i'm delighted keane got them up. as for his 'great' work only next year will tell. derby were also at the bottom of the championship when roy came on the scene and they've done alright overall...

tayto

i dont get this obsession with "roy keane's sunderland". he took over and signed a raft of players, in fairness, it's a very average league and a lot of the players he signed are good for that league but won;t be up to premiership football. He's done a decent job but lets see how he gets on next year.

J70

No one is saying that he is now among the all-time greats. Sunderland were a complete shambles when he took over. They'd already lost their first five league games! Yes, he bought some players and released others, but that in itself doesn't mean much if he can't mould them into a decent side. For a manager in his first ever job, he's done remarkably well. Only the most-blinkered anti-Keane or anti-United person could say otherwise.

ziggysego

Congratulations to Sunderland. Got to hand it to Roy, the man knows what he's doing. Pity he didn't go for the Ireland job.
Testing Accessibility

gerrykeegan

I had a small wager at 15/2 when he took over that they would be promoted. Mister Power hasn't paid up yet.
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

tayto

Quote from: J70 on April 29, 2007, 05:49:58 PM
No one is saying that he is now among the all-time greats. Sunderland were a complete shambles when he took over. They'd already lost their first five league games! Yes, he bought some players and released others, but that in itself doesn't mean much if he can't mould them into a decent side. For a manager in his first ever job, he's done remarkably well. Only the most-blinkered anti-Keane or anti-United person could say otherwise.

Well actually someone was saying exactly that to me in the pub last night. That keane was now up there with slur alex.
yes he's done very well, i dont understand why all of a sudden our national media are all over division one results.

MaroonAndWhite

Well done to Keano - that team have definitely inherited his fighting spirit. Great character in them - Big Niall, Charlie Chalke & co will need to back him financially because unless he gets in a few decent defenders and a striker they will struggle badly next year. Still, the same was probably said about Reading  ;)