Unioinists Just Can't Help Themselves

Started by Applesisapples, December 24, 2015, 10:50:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

general_lee

Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 26, 2015, 10:48:11 PM
Quote from: stew on December 26, 2015, 05:04:56 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 24, 2015, 10:58:26 AM
Gregory Campbell says it's absolutely not a sectarian decision. You have to take him at his word.
Gregory Campbell is a black b**tard of the lowest order, scum of the earth and this is absolutely a sectarian decision as you well know!
Disgraceful comment about an elected representative. Not a sectarian bone in the man's body.
Salt of the earth he is. An absolute gentleman man to boot.

Rossfan

Quote from: general_lee on December 27, 2015, 12:10:35 PM
Gregory Campbell says it's absolutely not a sectarian decision. You have to take him at his word.
Gregory Campbell is a black b**tard of the lowest order, scum of the earth and this is absolutely a sectarian decision as you well know!
Disgraceful comment about an elected representative. Not a sectarian bone in the man's body.
Salt of the earth he is. An absolute gentleman man to boot.
And don't forget the lovely Nelson McCausland. :D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Hardy

Quote from: armaghniac on December 25, 2015, 10:38:38 AM
Quote from: T Fearon on December 25, 2015, 10:19:58 AM
When I saw the title of this thread I thought unionists had been banned from all self-service outlets?

Yes, the have brought too much of their own baggage to the bagging area.
Quote from: armaghniac on December 25, 2015, 10:38:38 AM
Quote from: T Fearon on December 25, 2015, 10:19:58 AM
When I saw the title of this thread I thought unionists had been banned from all self-service outlets?

Yes, the have brought too much of their own baggage to the bagging area.

They helped themselves for centuries.

stew

Bollocks!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

T Fearon

Stew,a lot of what goes on is playing to the gallery,even by Gregory.I have seen all sides working together quite impressively away from the glare of publicity

smelmoth

There is absolutely no doubt that there are councillors in that area who would not want money spent in Dungiven but is it not the case that the costs on this project are now over budget and the money isn't there to fund it?

general_lee

Quote from: smelmoth on December 28, 2015, 12:04:48 PM
There is absolutely no doubt that there are councillors in that area who would not want money spent in Dungiven but is it not the case that the costs on this project are now over budget and the money isn't there to fund it?
Did Caral Ní Chuilin not say something about the possibility of funding being applied for? Something tells me if this was a project for Ballymoney there'd be no questions asked..

smelmoth

Quote from: general_lee on December 28, 2015, 12:13:56 PM
Quote from: smelmoth on December 28, 2015, 12:04:48 PM
Did Caral Ní Chuilin not say something about the possibility of funding being applied for? Something tells me if this was a project for Ballymoney there'd be no questions asked..

If you were pointing me to the announcement that the council would block the redevelopment if the gap in the funding was provided from elsewhere then you have forgotten to attach the link

T Fearon

The funding deficit is a legitimate reason for stalling this project.The new councils were already burdened with debt,as a legacy from the old councils,and the rates bills up here are already far too high.Far too many projects were constructed in the past,a lot ego driven,on the basis of build it and figure out how to pay for it afterwards

HiMucker

Quote from: T Fearon on December 27, 2015, 08:32:16 PM
Stew,a lot of what goes on is playing to the gallery,even by Gregory.I have seen all sides working together quite impressively away from the glare of publicity
Tony you have made this point about playing to the gallery in multiple threads.  That it somehow excuses their behaviour.  It does not.  It is weak and dangerous leadership. 

Gaffer

Quote from: T Fearon on December 27, 2015, 08:32:16 PM

If this is the case, which I doubt very much , then why is it done?
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

charlieTully

Quote from: T Fearon on December 29, 2015, 06:59:30 AM
The funding deficit is a legitimate reason for stalling this project.The new councils were already burdened with debt,as a legacy from the old councils,and the rates bills up here are already far too high.Far too many projects were constructed in the past,a lot ego driven,on the basis of build it and figure out how to pay for it afterwards

Tony, your dream of a new NI utopia does not require you to be an apologist for unionism on every topic. The council were in a position to apply for the 400k through a grant to make up the shortfall but declined.

T Fearon

Would like to know the full facts about the grant.What were the genuine prospects of a successful application.Still too much assumption that unionists just turn things down because it was for nationalist benefit and vice Versa.Believe me I have seen a lot of projects dreamed up by some egotistical megalomaniac which were all fine in theory,and got through many stages (at substantial cost incurred) of a grant application process only to be rejected at Stage 4 or 5 etc.

Is this project sustainable,how many users will it have,will it be cross community,are there other projects in the Borough that tick all of these boxes?

armaghniac

Quote from: T Fearon on December 29, 2015, 10:20:28 AM
Is this project sustainable,how many users will it have,will it be cross community,are there other projects in the Borough that tick all of these boxes?

I suppose "cross community" is shorthand here for making sure that Prods get the money?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Orior

The Alliance Party should tick all the boxes of those who want a shared future. But it hit the high water mark many years ago, so it seems that everyone is happy to live with a continuation of 'them and us'.

By the way, I thought the comment by actor James Nesbitt was as bad as anything that Gregory Campbell would utter. Nesbitt said that "You would always get more action out of them (i.e. Catholic girls) particularly the night before confession"
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians