Big Tom wouldnt go to GAA matches

Started by Wildweasel74, May 09, 2015, 11:26:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oraisteach

Tony, I don't know Elliott from a hole in the ground, but his notable recent sectarian remarks do not suggest impartiality.  What evidence do you have?

T Fearon

You need to separate the playing to the tribal gallery at election time with what happens away from the camera.Even big Paisley was an outstanding representative for his catholic constituents.

I remember many years ago, a staunch unionist (but not a bigot) telling me unionist politicians go the extra mile for their catholic constituents as they already have the Protestant vote in the bag!

Tom Elliott attended Ronan Kerr's funeral and went out of his way to speak and shake hands with Mickey Harte outside the church.I also believe he has helped GAA clubs source funding.

I have occasion to work with the Upper Bann MP,and am treated with nothing but courtesy and respect and indeed hospitality in his office.

illdecide

Quote from: T Fearon on May 10, 2015, 10:57:35 PM
You need to separate the playing to the tribal gallery at election time with what happens away from the camera.Even big Paisley was an outstanding representative for his catholic constituents.

I remember many years ago, a staunch unionist (but not a bigot) telling me unionist politicians go the extra mile for their catholic constituents as they already have the Protestant vote in the bag!

Tom Elliott attended Ronan Kerr's funeral and went out of his way to speak and shake hands with Mickey Harte outside the church.I also believe he has helped GAA clubs source funding.

I have occasion to work with the Upper Bann MP,and am treated with nothing but courtesy and respect and indeed hospitality in his office.

FFS Tony is there nothing you'd do for a free pass r ticket ;-)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Wildweasel74

But why bother even say he not be going to GAA matches, just dont go instead of making a song and dance about it,

T Fearon

deiseach

I note Tom Elliott's comments about not attending GAA matches went in tandem with not attending gay events. For some people, his homophobia gives him a free pass to be hostile to the GAA.

JimStynes

T Fearon

It is not an act of bigotry not to have an inclination to attend a GAA match or gay event.