AFL Season 2015

Started by Aerlik, April 26, 2015, 09:18:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlriteHorse

Just seen fyfes trip again on the news. It looked pretty intentional so i take back my earlier statement. Bit of a brainfart by him.
Allez les bleus! Forza azzurri!

Aerlik

Oops, a bit of a delay in keeping up to date with the games summaries, but thanks to Alrite Horse for inspiring me.  Trip.  Hmmph.

Round Seven

North Melbourne 93-82 Essendon
Someone in the Australian media lamented that we had been starved of quality Friday night games (ie. blockbuster, massive TV audience games which have become something of a cultural institution here).  Well, all that changed as this was a superb game to watch, even if I despise Essendon nearly as much as I do, Wet Toast.  The last quarter was particularly enjoyable with some great play, 101% passion and even more commitment.  I thought this might end up a draw but the strength of the Roos kept them in front.  If I was a fan of either team I'd be right pissed off with their wayward efforts though.

Adelaide 119-73 St. Kilda
Not much to write about regarding the football in this game, but the knock-out of Nick Riewoldt would turn your stomach.  He's a big, strong, fast man but he fell like a sack of praties after he got whacked on the left cheekbone just below the eye.  It has led to calls for him to retire, and while it would appear that isn't going to happen, the suggestions are that he may be forced to if he sustains any more such injuries.  Like I said, not much to comment on otherwise.

Hawthorn 155-50 Melbourne
Even less to comment on here.  But the decision of "star" player Jack Watts to step aside this week and let someone else play in his spot has raised questions about his commitment to the club.  Truth be told he is having  a dismal time at Melbourne.  And to think he could've been playing at the Eagles.  Damn.

GWS 135-57 Carlton
More shite from the Blues. Zac Tuohy must be hating this.  Really, really putrid efforts by the blues.  And the noose is being prepared for the coach.  Watch this space.

Sydney 120-77 Geelong
Geelong were right in this game up to three-quarter time and then fell asleep in the last.  I didn't see the game only the website highlights but while I tipped the Swans to win, I didn't think it would be so easy for them.  Next week will be a different matter, though.

Themmuns 135-43 Gold Coast.
Garbage.  How is it a team that gets a massive financial bonus and top picks/trades can do so badly, yet a team in a similar position can go out and beat the reigning premiers?  I switched over the TV ten minutes into the second period, and even some of the Eagles fans I know didn't even last that long.  Fickle bunch they are.

Fremantle 101-88 Western Bulldogs. :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\
The emoticons symbolise my frustration at this game.  I didn't see the first half - mini me was busy ripping through the opposition in his U-14 game kicking 4:4 but Freo were off to their now customary blitzkrieg start and well in front.  Then the reply from the Dogs came and what a last quarter it was.  I was yelling and guldering at the TV and I think the neighbours were too afraid to speak to me for a day or two, but the experience of the auld heads brought Freo through in the end.  Too close though and in some ways indicative of the progress of both teams, especially the Bulldogs.

Richmond 105-100 Collingwood
If anyone has ever been to Melbourne they will, undoubtedly, be aware of the hatred that exists between Collingwood and two teams in particular; Carlton and Richmond.  Having slaughtered the blues earlier in the season, the pies were expecting to do the same and got off to a flyer.  However what transpired was one of the best games of TV footy I've seen in a few seasons.  It had everything and in the end this neutral wouldn't begrudge either team the win.  Great stuff for a wet (yes, it rains sometimes in Perth) afternoon.

Brisbane Lions 112-65 Port Adelaide
Whao.  That is all.  How Port managed to kick 8-17 is incredible.  Credit to the Lions, as this was a much needed "big" scalp this young, inexperienced team just had to have.

So after Round 7, Fremantle are still two clear at the top with six teams sharing second place.  Carlton prop up the table with only the one win and fewer percentage than St. Kilda.  I'm happy, oh yeah.

To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

Aerlik

Round Eight

Geelong 140-63 Carlton
Last week I commented on how the media were yapping about the lack of quality of Friday night games.  After this, I will not condemn them.  This was shite.  I ended up watching something else on TV.  You can only put up with so much rubbish before taking action.  Were he playing for any other team above them, Zac Tuohy would not be getting a game.  Some rudimentary, playground errors.  Not impressed in any way.

Themmuns 131-78 St. Kilda
I never watched this game as I had something more important to do - work.  Of course the WA media are now starting to bleat about a
WA grand final.  I will eat my scarf first.

GWS 108-84 Adelaide
I didn't see this coming, nor did anyone for that matter.  Another great result for the Sydney lads.  But will it continue.

Collingwood 132-63 Gold Coast.
Again, thankfully I had the excuse of work to avoid watching this garbage. 

Sydney 73-69 Hawthorn
If I could have been at this game AND our game I would have.  It was some  game and some finish.  Kudos to the Swans for gaining some revenge for last year's GF debacle.  The alarm bells aren't ringing just yet at Hawthorn but at 4-4 it isn't quite the position they thought they'd be in.

Fremantle 115-42 North Melbourne
Where do I start?  Finally, four quarters of effort and some sublime footy.  I often rave about the similarity between Gaelic Football and Aussie Rules and there were passages in this game that reminded me of the great '70s Kerry teams of catch, kick, run, repeat and score.  Fyfe played his 100th. game and although he didn't score he was again the best player on the park and indeed he is easily the best player in the comp.  He's 6'3", strong, fast and has wonderful aerial ability.  The Freo midfield is littered with talent.  Maybe, just maybe, I can start to think about a trip to Melbourne.  But it's only a maybe.

Essendon 136-78 Brisbane Lions
As expected, the bombers were too strong in Melbourne against the young Lions.  I didn't see the game but the highlights weren't that special.

Melbourne 103-64 Western Bulldogs.
I thought this was a misprint when I was watching the on-line score updates.  How can a team that just missed out on beating the best team in the comp the week before, get walloped by a team that got walloped the week before?  I'd be right pissed off if I were a fan of either of these two teams. 

Richmond 76-43 Port Adelaide
...as I would be if I were a Port fan (which I am, but my second team).  What a load of crap and their kicking was woeful for the second game in a row. 5-13 to add to their score of 8-17 the week before.  The coach was ropeable after this game and it was a sad conclusion to the wonderful career of Cain Cornes who played his 300th. and final game for his club.  A great player, tough as nails, a premiership winner in that great team of 2004, and committed.  He's off to join the South Australian Fire Brigade - the way the Port are playing he could be busy cooling off the coach's office.

Round eight sees my team Freo, nicely perched undefeated, followed by four teams on 6 wins.  Carlton still props up the table.  This could be the end for their coach Mick Malthouse.

gallsman

Saw on the Guardian that Carlton have moved up the official club review of Malthouse's position. Apparently he "welcomes it"  :o

Aerlik

Quote from: gallsman on May 25, 2015, 12:59:47 PM
Saw on the Guardian that Carlton have moved up the official club review of Malthouse's position. Apparently he "welcomes it"  :o

Annnnnnd....he's been sacked.

AlriteHorse

Fri night game, no surprises. Swans beat blues at a canter. Talking point will probably be Goodes celebration. Hard one to call here. Hes the reason I support the swans and he has been getting booed a hell of a lot by opposition fans. Anyway, it was indigenous round though his celebration coulda been directed somewhere else than the Carlton fans.

Either way, many aussies are up in arms about it........racists I hear you say? Never! At the end of the day, its no different to the haka what he done. (My opinion) some people just want to try and make it something it isn't.

Long weekend here so gonna chill with a pint or two and take a well earned break. Aerlik, give me a buzz if you're about.

Aerlik

Round Nine - Indigenous Round (when we get to celebrate the class and majesty of the indigenous fellas who play this game - and the rednecks up their racist tirades).  For the first time in about 3 years I never got to watch a single game this weekend so I'm basing my views on what I've seen in the highlights and what I've read.

Sydney 122 - 62 Carlton.
Yes, well when you're the worst team in the land playing one of the top there can only be one result.  And the highlight of this game?  Adam Goodes created a bit of a stir and a few questions in the "national" psyche after he scored his goal and then did a traditional aboriginal dance.  I thought it was bloody great but of course the remnants of the colonial era still linger.

Hawthorn 93 - 40 Gold Coast
More misery for the Suns.  This time last year a certain Gary Ablett was terrorising the hawks single-handedly.  This year the Hawks were having shooting practice. 

Port Adelaide 115 - 54 Melbourne
The Demons were in this game early on but I suppose the prospects of failing to make the 8 and the performances of the previous two weeks stirred the Power into action.  Never in doubt in the second half.

Western Bulldogs 113 - 68 Greater Western Sydney
With their current form, many, including me, tipped the Giants in this game.  However the Dogs were great and fully deserved their win.

Richmond 72 - 59 Essendon
This is traditionally the biggest game in Indigenous Round recognising the efforts these two clubs have made to improving the lives of the aboriginal communities throughout the land.  Furthermore it was recognition of Darren Fletcher, only the third man in AFL/VFL history to play 400 first-class games.  What an effort from one of the most modest men in the game.  Sadly his colleagues couldn't mark the occasion with a win.

Fremantle 68 - 57 Adelaide.
Now, let's  not forget that I am biased when it comes to my team.  So I will be unapologetic in saying that Nathan Fyfe is the best player in the land.  He and Adelaide midfield star Patrick Dangerfield turned on a great show for the fans, as neither was tagged and were often marking each other.  For the record there were a few...records that is.  Fyfe broke his PB for contested/uncontested possessions, Freo equalled its greatest winning streak of 9 straight, and Aaron Sandilands, the 6'11" giant ruckman, broke the hit-out record set in the early 80s, with 63.   Will the 9-straight record be broken on Friday night?  Hope so as I'll be there.

St. Kilda 108 - 86 Brisbane
Battle of the cellar-dwellers.  To be honest, I thought the Lions would win this one but it wasn't to be.  There is some good news, though.  Pearce Hanley, Connaught's finest export (cue the retaliations) is close to making a return.  Not about time.

Collingwood 112 - 95 North Melbourne
An unanswered 10-goal barrage by the pies saw them triumph over their fierce rivals.  Again, I thought the losers would win.  This is a really significant win but for the Pies, the bad news is that many of the top 8 teams lie in wait.  As for the losers, they have a chance to get their act together and get back to winning this weekend.  God I hope they do.

Themmuns 120 - 64 Geelong.
Shite effort in the second half by both teams.  The cats were ...   well ... kyaaat (as we say in Co. Derry).  The other lot couldn't kick shite of a briar, but then get their act together in the last quarter.  Of course the WA media is ranting and raving, not about the undefeated winning streak of the  best team in the land this season (Freo, in case you forgot - but fear not, I'll constantly remind you), but all because one overpaid, overhyped member caught the ball.  Notwithstanding it wasn't a bad effort, but you'd think he was doing it day in, day out.  Well no, actually he has only taken 7 marks all season.  Right now that he has done that I hope to blazes they get hammered next weekend.  C'maaaan North Melbourne.

Right, I'm off to the game on Friday night v. Richmond.  I've got a feeling this will be a clinker game.

Aerlik

Round Ten

Richmond 97-70 Fremantle  >:(
Yes, well, it had to happen.  And thankfully most of the bad happened in the first half, all of which I missed as Mini-me had a volleyball game (quite entertaining, too, I might add - at least they won!)
Not withstanding the early injury to one of the best half-backs in the comp, Michael Johnson, Freo were just not good enough.  True, a better third and fourth quarter was evident, and had they kicked better, they would have won.  But I won't take anything away from the Richmond performance.  A deserved victory.  Right, move on gloaters, nothing more to see.

Adelaide 99-90 Carlton
The talking point of this game was not the fact that Carlton almost got over the line, but the since-disclosed career-ending injury to one of the best midfielders of the modern generation, Chris Judd (even if he did play for the trash down the road).  Judd suffered an ACL rupture in the first quarter and despite the loss of such a quality player the Blues almost got over the line.  I will remember Judd for two things: he was the "clean" (read, drug-free) member of the much-vaunted Eagles premiership team of 2006 (we won't elaborate); and the last time he won the Brownlow he should have been suspended for a dirty elbow in the face to Freo great Pavlich (look, no bias) which split him open.  Judd was a protected player but he was a midfielder who went in and got the ball, not hung off on the edges and had the ball spoon-fed to him as some of his colleagues operated.  Anyways, another great leaves the game.  Just glad my son got to see him play. (oh, and Zac Tuohy kicked a goal.)

Sydney 93-41 Gold Coast
The misery for the Giants continues and Franklin kicked quite a few.  Sydney took a huge step closer to Freo with only 4 points now separating the two.

Geelong 122-53 Essendon
Dear God this was shite.  I mean garbage.  I forced myself to watch three quarters in the false belief that perhaps, just perhaps, there might be a bit of a fight back.  I wasted my time.

Port Adelaide 100-62 Western Bulldogs.
Despite the score, an enjoyable game to watch.  The teams were neck-and-neck up to the fifth minute or so of the last quarter but thereafter, the Power were just too...well (excuse the pun) powerful.  Still, there are positive signs for the Dogs.

Greater Western Sydney 97-67 Brisbane
History was made as the Giants won 7 games in a season for the first time in their short history.  And Pearce Hanley made a comeback.  That's it. 

North Melbourne 85-75 West Coast
Prior to the start of the season, those of us in WA were disgusted by the arrogance of themmuns in having the slogan "The west is ours", implying they were the only team in the west of Australia.  (Oh how Freo's superb start to the season in rankling some, I can tell you.  Hmmph, arrogant pricks).  Well, the westerly wind wasn't theirs as they couldn't get over the blustery Tasmanian conditions and over the Roos.  There was a deathly silence in the WA media this week. 

Hawthorn 132 - 69 St. Kilda
Yeah, well, unfortunately there has to be games like this. 

Collingwood 110-85 Melbourne.
The pies, along with the eagles, have yet to meet the top sides of the comp so my predicted slide down the table will happen...soon...I think.  Still, a handy four points and the stability in the top 8.  But that will soon change.  I didn't see this game as it was on a Monday.

So the table is starting to have a "finals" look about it.  Suffice to say Freo is still on top and the Swans are second. 

TabClear

Sorry to see Judd s career ends like that. One of the best 3 players I have ever seen play  alongside Hird and Ablett Jr.

Looks like the table starting to sort itself out behind Freo. Despite their jekyll and Hyde performances so far I think we could be heading for Sydney Hawks Part  II in September.

Sorry Aerlik!

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: TabClear on June 11, 2015, 10:33:21 PM
Sorry to see Judd s career ends like that. One of the best 3 players I have ever seen play  alongside Hird and Ablett Jr.

Looks like the table starting to sort itself out behind Freo. Despite their jekyll and Hyde performances so far I think we could be heading for Sydney Hawks Part  II in September.

Sorry Aerlik!

If you listen to some of the shite talk here in WA, its a shoo-in for a Freo Eagles final!! Getting a wee bit carried away with themselves.

Good to see Hanley back for the Lions, earlier than expected first run out of the game. The Lions have been decimated with injuries, but they have some good youngsters that should all come into the 50-150 game mark around the same time. They just need to top up with a coupe of key position players.
There is a lot of talk of Charlie Dixon, who is free agent at the GC this year (I think). He has been playing up a wee bit at GC, maybe he is looking to get out. Not sure how I feel about him - he has all the ingredients to be excellent, and a key forward like that often doesnt blossom until later on, but on the other hand the last time the Lions gambled like that it was on Fevola, and that set them back years in draft/youngsters, all at the time when GC and then GWS were startups so no favourable draft picks available....
Hasta la victoria siempre

AlriteHorse

No mention of Crowley there Aerlik?? The mans an absolute gent, have met him a few times knocking round a few "drinking establishments". Last time we seen him was after the craic with Stevie J last year. He can take his slagging anyway.

Another 4 point for Swans despite not up to anywhere near their best. Usual craic with Goodes getting booed. Still think Buddy and Tippett should be contributing more goals but happy enough for their hot streak to wait till Aug / Sept.

Bit of a disappointing end for Judd. Never seen him at his best and he was def half the player he used to be though Carlton will badly miss his on-field presence alone. They must be favourites for the wooden spoon now surely!

This weekends games;
Port v Geelong. Port badly need a win and think they might actually sneak one here.
Suns v Freo. Good luck Suns....an angry Freo are coming your way.
Eagles v Bombers. Bombers to crumble. Poor game expected.
Kangaroos v Swans. Swans win though they'll have to work for it. Goodes to get booed the full game.
Collingwood v GWS. Tough win for GWS. (I hate Collingwood)
St Kilda v Demons. Hopefully a demons win. Hard one to call with both tema sbeing hit and miss so far. (Mostly miss).

Aerlik

Instead of starting off with a summary of the games this week, I'll touch on the topic alluded to by AlriteHorse; that of the suspension of Ryan Crowley of the Freo Dockers.

For those of you who don't know the story, Crowley was suspended this week for taking a prescribed medication which contained methadone.  I'm no pharmacologist but my understanding of this product is that it is a very strong pain killer and is used (or so I've been told) in Naltraxone, a heroine substitute given to heroin addicts to kill their pain after a high.  Crowley was given the medication by a medical professional, but not his club doctor - therein lies the quandary.  He told the hearing what he had taken, why he had taken it, and, most importantly, who had given it to him.  Not good enough for the tribunal and his suspension was upheld effective immediately and backdated to the day he was tested in September 2014.
Now, I am not one to condone drug usage in the sport, especially illegal, proscribed drugs such as cocaine and I have been vociferous in my condemnation of Michael Johnson from Fremantle after what his did a few years ago.  Thankfully Johnno has redeemed himself in bucketloads.  HOWEVER, I am sick to the teeth by the hypocrisy of the AFL shown towards two clubs in particular; the first is West Coast Eagles and their well-publicised Ice Age cast of Cousins, Kerr, Chick, Gardiner and Fletcher.  That club's hierarchy knew fine well what was going on and continued to lie to everyone about it.  I suppose they thought that by a process of iteration the lies would become the truth.  They seem to forget the old adage that you cannot fool all of the people all of the time.  The second is Essendon and the current drug scandal that is linked to that club.  Essendon is a very, very powerful player in the AFL and especially in Melbourne.  It is one of the best supported clubs in the whole of Australia and has a huge influence in off-field matters.  So how is it then that a disgraced quack can come along and liberally inject unknown substances into the bodies of young men who had the gall to front up to the investigation denying they knew what it was they were being given.  Bollix.  I'm glad the WADA has got on board and has launched its own investigations.  The AFL might be in for a shock when it realises that it is a big player in what really is a tiny ball park.

Right, rant over.  On with the games.

Geelong 92-69 Port Adelaide
Only in the last few minutes of the fourth quarter did the Cats pull away.  It was great Friday night entertainment for the neutral.  A real ding-dong affair as the teams traded goals all through the game.  Now if the name Chad Wingard is not in your list of favourite sportsmen, then you're clearly not an AFL fan.  He is up there with Fyfe, Ablett Jr and Hannebery as my favourite players.  Two weeks ago the gulpins in WA media were festooning all types of superlatives on a 6'9" player who just happened to hold on to the ball after he went for a catch. (He plays for the eagles and has done fekk all of note for them since he joined them.)  Fast forward to Friday night.  A long ball is pumped into the top corner and Wingard runs towards a pack of players.  He keeps his eye on the ball, launches himself and pulls in a one-handed specky that was sublime, courageous and just simply brilliant.  Now the hard bit... he's a left pegger and he's on the left wing, so he has two options - pass or go for goal.  The trusty left boot kicks a "banana" and the ball sails through.  Mark of the year again (I hope - unless Fyfe finally gets some recognition for his weekly one man shows).  But that brilliance was not enough to inspire his team mates and what was seen as the year the Power would be knocking on a Premiership is fast turning out to be a bit of a disaster.  As for the cats, they just keep plugging away under the radar and just sit outside the top 8.

Fremantle 53-46 Gold Coast
Sweet Jaysus, I will have a heart attack watching my club one day.  Talk about fortune.  It's not that Gold Coast were that good, Freo's kicking was dismal.  Six goals 17 behinds.  Faaaaak.   There'd have been 22 behinds getting a kicking by Ross Lyon after this.  Once again Nat Fyfe stole the show with a complete performance but it is time he started to get some protection from the umpires as he is getting all kinds of sly digs.  Kudos to the Suns and especially their first year player, Saad, who had a mighty game.  They have been greatly undermanned due to injuries all season but this was a good effort.  Both teams will be looking forward to the break next week.  And I will, too.  No more heart failure risks for me.

Worst Coast 96-46 Essendon
The drug cheat derby.  Well, guess what, I didn't watch it.  But as expected the bombers were shite.

Sydney 91-75 North Melbourne
I listened to the second and third quarters on the wireless in the car.  It sounded like the Swans just did enough to keep their beaks in front and keep in touch with Freo at the top of the ladder.

Collingwood 119-77 Greater Western Sydney
Many tipped the giants in this game but I thought the guile and experience of the pies would just get them over the line.  Well, they were just too strong when the giants began losing players to injury.  The win keeps the pies in touch with the top of the table and the giants are starting to find that playing the top teams is not easy.

St. Kilda 85-83 Melbourne
I listened to the last quarter on the car wireless and it was such an exciting ending.  It took a goal in the last 20 seconds to win the game for the Saints.  Up to that the game was what you'd expect from two bottom ranked teams.  Average.

So, this was the first of the bye rounds with six other teams getting a rest.  For some the bye hasn't come quick enough.

Aerlik

Round 12, Bye Round, Only six games played.

Hawthorn 114 - 85 Adelaide
What a clinker of a game.  I really enjoyed watching this game and if ever there was a game which demonstrated that Aussie Rules coaches have been watching Gaelic Football, this is it.  The only disappointing thing was the fact that the crows ran out of steam and ideas in the final quarter cos up to that point they were right in it.  Great game.  Simple as that. 

WC (Toilet) 90-70 Richmond
Much has been said (admittedly in the Melbourne-centric media) about the phoenix that is Richmond, on the rise again.  Well, someone forgot to remind them that they have to win games, especially home games, and ESPECIALLY AGAINST THAT LOT.  Jaysus I was not a happy chappy.  And of course the Eagles-centric media in WA, the oh-that's-right-there-is-another-team-in-WA brigade are lauding this win as the win that could see a top 4 finish.  Well, they haven't beaten a Top 5 team this year. Pfffft.  Honestly.

North Melbourne 117-61 Greater Western Sydney
The injuries to three of their major players last week proved too much for the plucky Giants.  Goldstein of the Roos broke the AFL/VFL record for tap-outs in the ruck, taking it off Sandilands of Freo who has already broken it twice this season.  Nothing else to report.

Western Bulldogs 146-74 Brisbane
Oh dear, not the best return to the paddock for Pearse Hanley.  The resurgent Dogs were just too good all over the park.

Melbourne 113-89 Geelong
You've read that correctly. 
Last Sunday was one of those wet, mizzling auld fekkin awful days when it was belting down with rain and windy.  A summer day in Co. Derry in other words.  Had it been hailing, sure Alrite Horse would say it was a summer day in the Sperrins.  I had nothing to do and I didn't particularly want to anticipate the massacre that the Cats would hand to the demons.  I mean it was only recently that the demons lost by 186 points (31 goals) to the Cats.  However the masochist in me thought, what the hell, sure didn't I tip the Cats and I needed to make up for the bollixes down the road beating the tigers in my tipping comp.
So I switched on the TV and thought I was seeing the tackles count or the missed shots on goal count.  But oh no, I was watching a Melbourne Demons team that was not only winning but actually dictating the game.  Not a game for the purists; I mean Adelaide and Hawthorn gave us a spectacle on Thursday night. No, there were errors and some terrible decision-making.  But there was one thing that is so vital in sport, especially team sport - belief.  And the demons players played with road-train loads of the stuff.  The last quarter even had me cheering on the Demons, as I'm sure every one from Steep Point to Byron Bay was too, all that is, except Carlton fans as they hate Melbourne (nearly as much as they hate Collingwood).
A great win for the demons and so far this season they have equalled their 2014 whole-season total of wins.  Great stuff chaps.

Right, I'm about to head over to Subiaco and watch the Freo-Collingwood game now.  Here's hoping I'll be getting up for work at 4am tomorrow thinking it was worth the lack of sleep.  Freo Abu.

gaah_man

Having been a long time board lurker I have to laugh at your relentless hatred of the Eagles Aerlik. As a WC fan its always amusing to come on and read your totally purple biased reviews even when the drug ridden, junkie Eagles have a great win.

I enjoy watching the noisy neighbours play and in Fyfe they have a superstar, its just a pity he'll never see a flag while wearing the purple guernsey! ;D

AlriteHorse

Whatever do you mean Gaah_man? Aerlik has nothing but respect for the Eagles. (Emphasising 'E' there, haha.)

Good to see both WA teams doing well despite the fact I'm a Swans man. The only bit about the whole thing that kinda annoys me is the media coverage. Seems like a good game against the Pies........maybe they are potential flag winners after all. They've got a lot of question marks over them with all their wins coming against so called "lower" teams.